the surprise

ootus: oneshots of true love between us (sotus the series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kongpob wonders why Arthit keeps on checking his phone.

 

 

"P'Arthit, should I be worried?" Kongpob cannot help but ask.

 

Arthit is rarely ever on his phone, specially when they are together. So when his boyfriend of four years decides that his phone is more interesting than him sprawled out on the bed in nothing but his boxers, he knows something is up. The said boyfriend is quick to respond with a slightly distracted, "What?"

 

"What's taking your attention off of me?" Or who, he wants to add, but decides against it.

 

Kongpob is usually confident, if he may say so. But there are moments when insecurities creep in. It's inevitable, which was why he taught himself how to shrug it off. His P'Arthit would never do anything that would ruin his trust and their relationship. Noticing his random moment of vulnerability, Arthit finally ditches his phone and crawls closer towards his younger boyfriend.

 

"I hate it when you're feeling like this." Kongpob lets his senior wrap his arms around his waist. "There's nothing to worry about, Kongpob. It's just Bright."

 

"P'Bright?" He promptly asks why at Arthit's nod. "What did he do?"

 

"It's not what he did, it's what he did not do." Arthit heaves out a sigh, obviously frustrated. He has never been this upset with any of his friends. It must be something serious. Humming in response, he urges Arthit to continue. "He hasn't been answering any of our calls this past week. It's so unlike him."

 

"Well," he starts. "Maybe he's busy, P'. His bar has gotten increasingly popular this year."

 

"You're right." Arthit nods, giving it a thought. "That must be it."

 

"Do you need him for something?"

 

"Hm." The former Head Hazer puckers up like he usually does. Kongpob cannot help but stare. His boyfriend has an adorable habit of pouting when feels like it. It could be when he's deep in thoughts, embarrassed from something Kongpob did or said, or just quite randomly. "Toota is on a break from military and we want to get together. He wants us to go out of town for a few days. Us includes you if you're into specifics."

 

He nods in understanding. Silence ensues for a moment until Kongpob comes up with an idea. "How about we pay him a visit at his bar after our date?"

 

"Good idea. But why is his bar so far away?" Arthit groans.

 

 

 

 

 

The couple is rudely woken up from their slumber when one of their phones would not stop ringing. Knowing that his lover despises getting disturbed from his sleep, Kongpob takes the responsibility of answering the offending device. He runs his fingers along Arthit's soft locks when the latter starts stirring in his sleep. A soft, "I'll take care of it, P'." is whispered into his ear.

 

Kongpob then groans whilst he checks which of the two phones on the bedside table is ringing. It's Arthit's. He winces at the screen's brightness, but he could not be bothered to lower it a little. He checks the caller's name and finally picks up the call.

 

"What took you so long to answer?!" The unusual greeting does not surprise him anymore.

 

"P'Arthit is sleeping, P'Prem."

 

Prem has always been temperamental and impatient. He's not one to try to keep his emotions in check. It just does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter