Chapter One

Set Up 2 | Hoshi

❗️ Please remember, the start of this book is based in the Mansae Era ❗️

⭐️ Kwon SoonYoung ⭐️

Everything was quiet in the dorm, that was until I got rudely awoken by Seungkwan singing right in my ear. I had obviously slept in later than usual because I was normally up before him, or at least up before he came into the room to wake the rest of the performance unit up.

"Wake up, wake up"

"Shut it Seungkwan" I mumbled, using my hand to cover his mouth and i push him away from me and off my bunk. He lets out a huff before grabbing onto my bed covers and pulls them off me.

"Wake up! We have practice early today"

"That's tomorrow, you pea brain" Dino mumbles from the top bunk, hitting Seungkwan over the head with a pillow. "Be quiet and let me sleep" he mumbles before turning over and instantly falling back to sleep.

"What he said" I say in agreement and turn over also, covering my ears to try and block out Seungkwan's cries.

"No, it's today!"

I hear an annoyed moan coming from the bunk beside mine and Minghao is glaring at Seungkwan.

"It's tomorrow, for flapjack sake let us sleep!" Even though I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, I couldn't help, but laugh and give Minghao a confused look.

"For flapjack sake?"

"Shut up" he mumbles, covering his head with his pillow, him also trying to block out any noise.

Seungkwan lets out a huff, crossing his arms over his chest and stands up.

"I'll be back" Seungkwan says backing out of the door using his hand to point to his eyes and at us before pointing to his eyes again. "Just you wait"

The door shuts behind him and everyone lets out a sigh.

"Finally, peace and quiet" Minghao mumbles, closing his eyes, pulling his bed sheets back over his head.

I look up at the bunk on top of Minghao's to see Jun still alseep. I laugh and roll my eyes at how much of a heavy sleeper he was. Nice to know someone could sleep with all this noise.

Letting out a yawn, i roll over so my back was facing the door. I close my eyes as i try to get back to sleep when the door gets thrown open creating a large bang.

"Get up you kids, we have practice today!"

⭐️ Set Up 2 ⭐️

Seungkwan laughs to himself as he learnt up against one of the mirrors in the practice room.

"Told you~" he sang playfully making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, we know" Minghao groans.

It hadn't been long since we had arrived at Pledis and gotten to our practice room. The music of our first comeback 'Mansae' played through the speakers. Most of the my unit; the performance unit had already warmed up and was ready to start teaching and practicing the dance to the rest of the members. The two other units; Vocal and HipHop were both spread out across the room doing their own stretches to warm their bodies up before the long day to come of constant dancing.

I stood there silently stretching my arms out around me, before stretching my legs out. DK and Seungkwan were doing their usual gag that I was normally apart of, but as it was important for us as it was the start of our new dance, I wanted to stay focused as much as possible.

Starting with a run through of the dance, we then decided to split the rest of the group like we normally would and to start off with some easy stuff to get them warmed up to the dance.

As the song was already recorded, we already knew who had to be standing centre at each part and because of that it wasn't hard to fit in everyone around each bit.

As the leader of the performance unit, I decided to split us four up into two to teach the two units so we could equally focus on each member.

Sometimes I really didn't give the boys enough credit, because they were really fast learners. So after a few round of going over step by step and putting all the dance moves together, they quickly caught on.

Continue on for a few more hours, we stopped for a well needed break. Leaving the practice room with Jun we made our way to the canteen that was a few floors below.

The Pledis building wasn't the largest by any means, but it was big enough for the amount of artists it held. There were seven floors, four of them floors being for practice rooms, with one floor being a bunch of in house studios and another for offices and the final one being the ground floor that held the main entrance as well as the canteen and other storage areas.**

Walking through the hallway, I feel the wind get knocked out of me as I suddenly fall to the floor and a weight falls on top of me.

Letting out a small groan, I look up and see a girl with brown hair. She jumped up quickly in shock and held out a hand to help me up.

"Sorry" I smile up to her and take her hand.

"Thanks, but one question, why were you running?" I asked with a confused look covering my face and I ran a hand through my hair.

"oh I was trying to catch one of my group members, she ran off" She sends a look into a random space like she just remembered something and snaps back to reality "I gotta get her, sorry about running into you"

With that she quickly rushes off, running in the directions of the elevators.

"Hey wait!" I quickly try to call after her, but she must not hear me and soon disappears from sight.

"Well, that happened" Jun laughs, bringing my attention to him.

"Uh, yeah, that did just happen" I say as I let out a breath of air. Raising an eyebrow, I send him a look.

"Isn't that one of the new members of the girl group?"

"Ah! Yes, Ghost! I don't know much, but from what I've seen they're really talented" Jun smiles, before patting me on the back. "Come on, let's get something to eat before we need to go back to practice"

We didn't make it very far before the the boss' assistant found us right as we entered the canteen.

"Soonyoung-ssi!" Kang SoHee smiled. "I hate to disturb you, but the boss wants to see you and So-Eun, so can you please go get her and then make your way to his office"

"So-Eun?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"The girl you ran into a few minutes ago" Jun explained, making me gasp slightly and nod my head.

"Where are there practice room?"

"Fifth floor" Sohee said, "I'm sorry I can't show you, but I really need to get some other work done"

I laughed, holding my hands up.

"It's okay, don't worry about it"

"Thank you so much!"  Just like So-Eun had done a few moments before, she rushed off.

Letting out a sigh, I turn to Jun and send him a look. Jun sends a knowing smile and nods his head.

"Don't worry, I'll get you something"

"You're a life saver"

"That I am Hosh, that I am"

⭐️ Set Up 2 ⭐️

I opened the door to their practice room and watched silently as I heard the girls bicker.

"Get off me!" A squeak came from the younger looking girl who was lead on the floor with who I assumed was So-Eun on sitting on top of her.

"not until you promise to practice"

"never!" The younger girl cried, making So-Eun huff.

"Then I won't move"

I let out a cough, catching all four girls attention and they go silent.

"The boss wants you" i say looking at So-Eun, I made sure to send slightly confused look at the scene to make her think I wasn't there for long.

So-Eun gets up dramatically quickly, and stays silent when the three other girls let out a gasp.

"Okay"

I nod my head swiftly, before exiting the doorway of their practice room and I hear So-Eun follow after me.

"So... What does the boss want?" She asks and I respond with a shrug.

"No clue" I notice So-Eun nod and I decide to keep silent, not knowing what to say.

Well this is awkward...

After walking down the hall and an awkward elevator ride, we had finally got to the Boss' office and entered after knocking.

"Hello" So-Eun spoke and bowed slightly.

"Hello Kim So-Eun" he smiled, his attention on her before he looked over at me "Kwon SoonYoung"

He motioned us to sit down and sat down himself.

"Now there's something important I want to talk to you both about" I make a confused face and I notice So-Eun glance at me. She was just as confused as I was.

I swear, she's only seen me confused today... that's not the greatest first impression...

"So here's the thing, I'm going to get straight to the point when I say this, but we want you two to fake date, to expand your popularity for both groups, it will not only help both groups, but it will also help the company too"

"What?!" Both of us gasp. We quickly exchanged looks before looking back at the boss.

"Y-you have to be kidding" So-Eun continued to gasp, as she stuttered her words. The boss sent her a blank look as he replied.

"No, why would I be kidding?"

"Because I have no idea who this guy is" I can't help, but send a hurt look as she also glances at me. "no offense"

No offence taken I guess?...

She frowns and I quickly raise an eyebrow at her.

"Wait, you seriously have no idea who I am?" I ask and she nods her head.

"Am I ment to?"

"i thought you'd know someone else working at the company"

"What? You're from this company?" I nod my head slowly, trying to make it seem a tad more dramatic than it should be.

"Obviously, why else would I be here?" She just shrugs.

"I don't know" She mumbles to herself as she crossing her arms over her chest. I roll my eyes and silent huff.

The boss coughs to get our attention back to him and we sit in silence awkwardly until he begins to talk.

"Anyways, you both need to fake a relationship for few months, just up until Ghost finishes their 1st mini album promotion"

"that's going to be at least 4 months!" So-Eun states and her lips form into a small pout. "Why? It's a stupid idea, we don't even know each other"

"It's to help both groups become more successful" The boss tries to convince her, but she just shakes her head.

"I'm going to be honest here, yeah I want to become an idol, but not by having a fake relationship! I want it to be our talents that shine through and gets us appreciated, not by this stupid fake relationship you're trying to set up!" She desperately pleads, trying to make him understand. I smile to myself. Her fighting her what she wanted was uplifting, the fact she wanted to her job her way was uplifting, because I certainly didn't want to do this either.

The boss let's out a sigh and shakes his head.

"you leave me no choice, Kim So-Eun, if you don't know this then Ghost's debut won't happen!"

My face turns to shock as my eyes flicker between both the boss and So-Eun. Tears has started to collect in her eyes and she shook her head instantly.

"You wouldn't do that" She wiped the tears away with the back of her hand.

"I would and you know it" The boss crosses his arms and gives her a look. "Well, that's your answer?"

"F-fine, I'll do it"  the boss smiles and claps his hand together. "But only until the 1st mini album's promotion is up, after that I'm not doing it anymore" she confirms, crossing her arms over her chest.

The boss motions at us to leave, once he got what he wanted and So-Eun quickly rushed out.

Letting out a sigh I didn't know I was holding, I feel like I'm frozen for a moment in time. The boss notices my presence still in the room and sends me a look.

"You can leave Soonyoung," He starts, turning his attention away from me again. "I'm sure you'll both do great at this"

I continue to keep silent and copy what So-Eun had done by rushing out of the room.

"i cant believe this is happening" I hear her mutter to herself as she rushes to the elevators. Repeatedly pushing the buttons in frustration, I feel like I can finally speak.

"I'm sorry" I see her jump at the sound of my voice. I frown and quickly look down at the floor as if to hide when she looks at me. "I'm sorry about this whole fake dating thing"

She lets out a sigh of her own and shakes her head.

"It's fine, honestly, I'm just surprised they'd threaten Ghost's debut"

"I never thought the company would go that far to get popularity" I mention, finally looking up.

"So I guess we're, dating, now" She says cringing at the words coming out of . A laugh passes my lips and I nod.

"Yes, we're 'dating'" She joins in with the laughter and the sound of the elevator reaching our current floor break our laugh.

"I gotta go back to practice" Her voice comes out softer this time and she points behind her.

"I don't want to keep you behind, go ahead"

"I'll see you around" She smiles slightly and so do I.

"Yes, see you around"

The door close behind her once she's inside the elevator and the smile that formed on my lips grows in size.

After blinking for a few seconds, my eyes go to the sign that said the floor numbers.

I probably should have gotten on that elevator too...

——
Okay, so I know most of this is the same as the original first chapter of Set Up, but I wanted to start somewhere that makes sense, but would also be fit for reading.

** - I don't know what the Pledis building looks like inside, so just imagine it's this type of structure.

I want to say again, thank you so much for enjoying Set Up and for continuing to show your love and support for it, it truly means the world to me.

Make sure to comment and vote! It shows me that you guys are liking what you're reading and are wanting more :)

After a long time coming, I hope you guys enjoy Hoshi's side of the story...

Love you guys~ 
~ Kat ~