ϟ️ϟ️ 01 ϟ️ϟ️

Nyx Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin's POV

 

--

 

"As a start of the new syllabus of each planets, thousands of years ago, the higher ups had discovered a new habilis. And now, after hundreds years of trying to figure out what habilis that each planet stands for, they had finally succeeded." Mr. Park, our potēres professor reminisce. 

 

"Ethereal Planet, which is our planet, habilis is to charmspeak. Now, as most of you know, charmspeak is actually use to either manipulate someone or make someone fall for you." He continued. 

 

"But," All heads in our class room suddenly perks up as he followed up the word 'but'. "You are all wrong." 

 

What? 

 

"Excuse me, sir, but, what do you mean that we're wrong? I mean, since we were still toddlers we were thought that charmspeak is all about manipulating someone. Does that mean that there's more to it?" 

 

"Affirmatively speaking, then yes, there is more to charmspeak other than to exploit." 

 

Our once bored and quiet class suddenly turned into a mess. 

 

"Quiet." He used his charmspeak. Tho, it didn't worked on me. Weird, right? Well it's always been like that. 

 

"Now, as I was alleging, yes, there is more to charmspeak. But," 

 

And there goes the word 'but' again. 

 

"Only those who are chosen by the Nyx Lyre are able to have the habilis of charmspeak. Those who are worth the power of it. The one who has a pure heart without any hint of mischief cowering it." 

 

As everyone of us, including me, have gotten so deep into listening to Mr. Park's discussion, the bell significantly rung, signalling that lunch break had started. Seriously? What a bad timing. 

 

"That is all for today. I'll see you all tomorrow, charmspeakers." 

 

Grunts of disagreeing echoed inside our class that is now full of disoriented faces. Even me. 

 

"Mr. Park sure is a troll, isn't he." Were the first words of my bestfriend, Eunha, once she came to my side. 

 

"Agreed." I assented. 

 

"Well, that's that 'til tomorrow." 

 

Sighing, I just stood up and went out, followed by Eunha. 

 

As we were trudging our way towards the cafeteria, we were blocked by a man in his probably early 30s while wearing a formal attire with the symbol of the Ethereal planet on the left side of his chest. 

 

"Jung Yerin and Jung Eunha?" He ask or more likely, he clarified. 

 

"Y-es?" I hesitated. 

 

"The headmaster wants to see the both of you." 

 

"Pardon, but, who are you exactly?" Eunha asked. 

 

"Oh, where are my manners. I'm Kang Noel, assistant of the headmaster." 

 

Hearing what he said, I can not help it but to have a feeling of doubt within me. Something seems wrong. 

 

"Is that so? Well, we're gonna get going now. And tell the headmaster that the both of us are busy." I said and quickly drag Eunha with me. 

 

"Look at me." He charmspeak. Eunha stop and look at him while I just followed. Tsk, maybe pretending might work? 

 

"Sleep." Oh no. My eyes widen when I felt Eunha almost fell if only I didn't catch her. I look at the person in front of me in shock who is also looking back at me surprise. 

 

"H-ho-" I didn't let him finish when I used my charmspeak on him. 

 

"Look at me, " I copied him. "Sleep." He fell down limply as I sigh in relief while now looking at Eunha who is now silently snoring. 

 

But, as soon as I was about to wake her up, I was met with darkness when someone hit me behind my head. 

 

----

 

"Is she waking up?" 

 

"Tsk, that's what you get when you disobey the assistant of the headmaster." 

 

"Shut it, giraffe!" 

 

"Wha-" 

 

"Will the two of you please shut up?" 

 

"And who are you to order us around, huh?" 

 

"Ugh, just shut your mouths up, please?!" 

 

Aish, why is it so noisy? 

 

"Hngg..." 

 

It got quiet for a moment which I had made as my cue to finally open my eyes. 

 

My eyes slowly fluttered and the first thing that I saw was Eunha's really worried face looking down on me. 

 

"Yerin! Oh, my gosh! You're finally awake!" She exclaimed and cowered above me. 

 

"Ahh!! Eunha, you're heavy! Get off me you midget!" 

 

I screamed making her hit me. She abruptly got off me and smacked me for the last time before I ask for help in sitting up. 

 

Just as I was about to say my apology, I notice that we were not alone. What I mean is that, there were three more girls here with us. 

 

I look at them one by one with furrowed eyebrows. My gaze got back to Eunha and looked at her, asking who are they and where the hell are we. She just shrug and held my arm as I now fully stand up from the bed. 

 

It was just pure silence with all of us glancing at each other secretly. 

 

As I can not take any much more of the silence, I opened my mouth only for the words to be stuck in my tongue when the same guy from earlier entered the room. 

 

"You're finally awake. Now, moving all those aside, the headmaster wants to see all of you. Now." His tone turned serious all of a sudden making all of us just obey and follow him as he exited the room. 

 

Once we were out, I notice that we were not in our planet. I mean, with all the advance looking walls and accessories that is surrounding us, it doesn't look like the planet that I'm used to ever since that I was born. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter