Chapter 2

129 Miles

 

 

Taehyung : Did you get home safe?

Jimin : Mm of course, thank you :)

Jimin : I’m sorry I couldn’t walk you in :/

Taehyung smiled and crawled into the covers beside Jin. He lowered the screen brightness and hid himself under the blankets so he wouldn’t bother Jin.

Taehyung : It’s fine, at least Namjoon dropped us off at the front :)

Jimin : Mm.. are you sleepy?

Taehyung : A little bit, you?

Jimin : Kind of

Taehyung : Go to sleep you need some rest ! :)

Taehyung closed his eyes and cringed at himself. He put his phone down and snuggled into his pillow, trying to calm himself but also waiting for Jimin's reply.

Jimin : Stop

Taehyung looked at his messages for a solid minute. Stop? Did I upset him? Did I offend him? Stop what? After thinking about how to reply or if he should even reply, he decided to make it simple.

Taehyung : ??

Jimin : Stop being so cute

Taehyung his cheeks to prevent himself from squealing and uncovered the blanket so he could at least breathe. After cooling himself down, his thumbs fidgeted over the phone, deciding what kind of response he should give. He decided to come off as chill and texted a simple goodnight before trying to go to sleep.

 

Jimin smiled at the younger's cute reply and set his phone down. If he was being honest, he lied to Taehyung. 

    “Mm is there anyone you like right now?”

    “If I did I wouldn’t be here with you right now”

    Why did i say that?

He could remember Taehyung's hopeful blushing face. It was just forfun. This night was just for fun. But who would've thought he would've actually taken interest in Kim Taehyung.

    “Jimin, my baby’s stuck outside of Babe Spa with his best friend and I guess they don’t want to go home yet.. do you want to come with? His best friend’s single. He’s pretty cute to be honest, his name’s Kim Taehyung and honestly you need to get your mind off of Baekhyun… Jimin, just have fun tonight, do whatever you want.”

Jimin took a deep breath and put his head back on the car seat. He nibbled on his lower lip and nodded at Namjoon.

     "Okay let's go."

Jimin opened his messages and clicked on the name Byun Baekhyun. Who is Byun Baekhyun? A little cutie that works at the same cafe as him. Their relationship was...complicated. Let’s just say when there’s jealousy, there’s pettiness. Simply put, Baekhyun didn’t like when Jimin would flirt with customers or get hit on. However, on his defense, he didn’t know where he stood with Baekhyun… but what about Taehyung.

 What about Taehyung? Am I even gonna see him again? He lives 129 miles away I probably won't right? I don't want to mess it up even more with Baekhyun. Jimin tossed and turned all night. He didn't even sleep. Who was on his mind the entire night?

 

Kim Taehyung.

 

*******

 

    “Taeee..Taee~~” Jin sat on the side of the bed with a toothbrush in his mouth and one sock on. He turned around and nudged Taehyung again.

    “Taee! Wake up!” Taehyung groaned and pulled the covers over his head. Jin got annoyed and stood up, pulling the entire blanket off.

    “Okay seriously I’m gonna leave in 45 minutes you need to get up right now.” Jin said unclearly since he was brushing his teeth. Taehyung whined and got up with one eye open.

    “What the Jin, where are are you going” Tae whined checking his phone.

 

Jimin :Goodmorning !

 

He smled and texted him back.

 

Taehyung : Good morning! How did you sleep?

 

    “Date with Namjoon remember? But you’re leaving later today and I can’t come back to lock the door nor can I give you my keys so you gotta go too.” Jin said coming out of the bathroom after rinsing his mouth.

    “Date with Namjoon? What about me? What am I supposed to do?” Taehyung said pouting.

    “You said if we went out yesterday I could spend today with Namjoon.” Jin said flicking Tae’s forehead lightly. “Plus you can meet up with Jimin~” Jin said winking.

    “No way! I don’t want to bother him!” Taehyung said getting out of bed.

    “Why? Not like you’ll see him again right?” Jin said chuckling.

     "...Why can't I see him again?" Taehyung asked grabbing his phone and towel before heading to the bathroom.

    “Tae.. you live almost 130 miles away, don’t expect too much.” Jin said softly but his facial expression was serious and firm. Taehyung felt his heart sink a little. What was his even expecting? He remembered the way Jimin’s hand gently lifted his chin up.

 

"129 miles, 3 hours away"

"Is there anything wrong with that?"

 

    “I’m gonna shower.” Taehyung said closing the bathroom door and unlocked his phone to see a message from Jimin.

 

Jimin : Mmm not so good :/ What about you?

 

Taehyung : Why not?! And okay until Jin woke up me T.T

 

Jimin : Secret ;) & I’m sorry :(

 

Taehyung bit his lip many times before replying.

 

Taehyung : Busy today?

 

Jimin : Work at 5..why?

 

Taehyung : Kinda lonely today, getting kicked out of Jin’s house in 30 mins.

 

Jimin : Meet me at the movies? :)

 

Taehyung :Really?!

 

Jimin : Of course cutie, meet you there in 30-45 minutes?

 

Taehyung : Okayy!!

 

Taehyung half smiled and jumped in the shower.

Don't expect too much Tae, don't expect at all.

 

 

*******

 

Taehyung nevously checked his hair in the reflection and took a deep breath.

Just one date. Nothing else. Not even a date. Why am I so nervous chill Tae, chill.

Taehyung took a deep breath and looked down at his phone 10:40 a.m. He looked down at his outfit. Black backpack (to carry his belongings), ripped jeans, white shoes, grey hoodie with designs on the sleeves. Basic, I know. But he didn't want to come super dressed up. This is just a plain casual, movie date. Taehyung felt hands slide around his waist, jumped in surprise and turned his head to see who it was.

     “Surprise.” Jimin said as soft as his smile. Taehyung blushed and covered his face with his sleeves. Jimin smiled and grabbed Taehyung’s sleeve covered hands to remove them from his face.

    “Cutie, were you waiting for me for a long time?” Jimin asked softly patting the top of Taehyung”s head. Taehyung smiled and shook his head.

    “Only 5 minutes.” Taehyung said appreciating the little head pats he was receiving.

    “Mm I’m sorry, let’s go inside?” Jimin said moving his hand from Tae’s head to his back to guide him. They both went inside to buy tickets and order popcorn. Taehyung was a little bit nervous. Gonjinam : The Haunted Asylum Taehyung took a deep breath as he tried to forget everything Jin told him.

    “It was sooo scary Tae! I went out of the movies with shaky legs, I almost cried. People even left in the middle of the movie because it was sooo scary.”

    “Shut uppp there’s rarely any good scary movies, let alone ones that make people leave and cry.” Taehyung said through facetime.

    “I swear! You have to watch it! You probably won’t even be able to sleep again after this movie.”

 

 Scary movie on our first date? Cliche.

    “Tae?”

    “Hmmm?” Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts.

    “Let’s go in?” Jimin asked. Taehyung realized he daydreamed and nodded his head.

    “Scared?” Jimin asked pinching Tae’s cheeks.

     "N-no." Taehyung almost beat himself up for stuttering. Literally the worst moment he could've stuttered. Jimin chuckled and led Taehyung inside the movie theater.

    "Don't worry I'll protect you." Jimin said as they sat down.

 

*****

 

Taehyung's arms were shaking... and so was his entire body. He bit down on his hand to prevent his sobs from coming out and he hit behind Jimin's arms. Jimin ped his jacket to cover Taehyung's head and to also blur out any loud sounds. Jimin pulled his arm away from Taehyung's hold and wrapped it around Taehyung's waist to bring him closer.

Jin was right. Jin was ing right.

 

*****

 

    “You okay?” Jimin asked after comforting Taehyung for about 10 minutes.

    “I-I’m okay.” Taehyung said taking deep breaths, trying to stop his shaking. Jimin smiled and grabbed Taehyung’s hand.

    “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you properly.” Jimin said softly holding Taehyung’s shaky head up. Taehyung looked at Jimin and shook his head no.

    “You protected me plenty, thank you.” Taehyung said smiling. He forgot all about the “plain, casual movie date”.

Taehyung felt his phone buzz and he checked his messages.

 

BirthGiver : Tae we’re almost in the city, where are you? Are you at Jin’s house?

Taehyung felt his heart drop. They could've told him they were coming sooner.

 

Taehyung : I’m at the movies, block away from Jin’s place… how far away are you?

 

BirthGiver : Ohh that place? We’ll be there in 10 minutes. Get ready.

 

Taehyung : Okay.

    “Is everything okay?” Jimin asked noticing the facial expression change on Taehyung.

    “Hm? Ohh..yea. My parents are coming to pick me up right now.” Taehyung said half smiling.

    “Then.. you should get ready.” Jimin said picking up Taehyung’s backpack, returning another half smile. They both silently walk to the front of the movie theater to wait for Taehyung’s parents to come pick him up.

    “That’s my mom’s car.” Taehyung said as he saw the familiar navy car pull up on the curb.

    “Mm.. goodbye for now?” Jimin said. Sadness was evident on both of their faces. Taehyung nodded and forced a smile

    “Bye.” Taehyung whispered. He didn’t mean to whisper. He just didn’t have any energy in his voice left. Taehyung walked up to his car and opened the back seat as he put his backpack in. He looked back at Jimin who half smiled and waved. Taehyung returned the smile and turned around to sit in the car but froze for a second before turning around and running to Jimin. He jump hugged Jimin to both of their surprises.

    “I’ll text you.” Taehyung whispered in his ear before running back to his car in embarrassment. He closed the car door and waved bye before the car sped off.

 

Tingles. Jimin stood frozen as he felt tingles all over his body.

 

*****

 

    “How was the sleepover this weekend?” Taehyung’s mom asked.

    “Mm fun, thank you for driving me.” Taehyung said smiling as his mom.

    “No problem sweetie, who was the guy you were with?” His mom said carefully, not wanting to push anything. Taehyung sadly smiled to himself before responding.

    “Someone.”

 

*******

WELLLLL I know the rest of the members aren’t here yet but they’ll come sooon !

Also if you saw Gonjiam and didn’t scream, cry, flinch, etc. What even are you. I was sobbing and shaking. It was acutally a pretty good movie. It's about a group of people that try to go into a haunted asylum in Korea to record it live and gain money. More view = more ads so the guy in charge wouldn't let them leave and they ended up getting cursed. 10/10 but it's in Korean.

 

Well thank you so much for reading!

I hope you liked this chapter! ~~~