Bonus

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong’s POV

 

I wiped the bead of sweat threatening to run down my face after looking at the boxes I helped carry inside my new place. I thanked the carrier and sent him off before closing the door behind me, then looking at the boxes again, im satisfaction. It’s been a while since I last move in to a new place, and somehow it’s quite satisfying looking at all the free spaces I would slowly fill in and decorate with the things I have with me. 

 

I smiled. 

 

This is gonna be fun. 

 

 

 

No, it wasn’t fun. At. All.

 

Being used to living with my family was hard, alright? I was used to seeing them everyday. I was used to hearing my mother and my father calling me to supper. I was used to seeing my elder sister on the couch, watching TV, and inviting me to sit beside her. And I was used to seeing Jjing Jjing, my pet, snuggle up beside me. I wish I brought my Jjing with me. 

 

My loneliness led me to spending quite a while outside where I set up a swing on the tree beside my new place. It was not the same as the one my family has back at the province, but it could suffice. I would close my eyes most of the time just so I could at least imagine that I’m still with my family. 

 

I did not want to leave them. But my work required me to. My family supported me but I know they were sad when I broke the news to them. What can I do? I promised to bring them to the city once I saved enough for us to live here permanently though. I also promised to visit when I have time. I was so happy when I saw their faces lit up.

 

But anyway, I noticed movement from the house’s window on the other side of mine. I was scared at first, thinking it might be some old, ert man. I’ve heard quite a lot of bad stories about worse people here in the city. But there was a time when I had a good look at the window and noticed that it was a woman. She’s always there, looking, from her window. I don’t know if she was watching me or what. I did not want to assume. I just keep myself busy whenever I sit on my swing so I wouldn’t be bothered by her. 

 

That, until I had a very bad day at work. I came home late and seeing the house empty just flicked some switch on, sending me off crying. Apparently, I have mean workmates plus an empty house. It all piled up and I could not stop myself from crying. 

 

I reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter