Fin.

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half an hour past midnight when everyone were supposed to be asleep, but a certain woman thought that instead of forcing herself to sleep, she’d rather sit by her window and watch the quiet neighborhood as if she’s some night owl. It has been like that for her the past few days. Sleep does not dawn unto her if she does not spend some time by her window. Not until she lays eyes on another woman at the other side of the street.

“Oh,” Byulyi smiled. “There she is again.”

The past sleepless nights Byulyi have had and the times she spent by the window at midnight, she learned that her new neighbor have been spending quite some time by the swing the girl had set up on the tree beside her house. And for some reasons, Byulyi have grown fond of watching her too. Name still unknown to her, but this woman brought calmness and serenity to Byulyi. Maybe it was because of how the woman just sat there, or maybe because of how sometimes the woman would just listen to a song blasted through her earphones while her eyes were closed, or maybe just because of her face.

“Angelic.” Byulyi whispered to herself. The smile never left her face.

There were times that Byulyi have thought of just going down there, approaching the woman, and maybe make friends, but she was shy. Shy because she might make a fool out of herself. Shy because she might sputter nonsense and make the peaceful woman uncomfortable. Shy because she thought of countless scenarios that might break her attempt of making a relationship with the new neighbor.

But that night, she saw the woman, still on her usual place, though suddenly Byulyi saw her eyes dripping. The woman was crying and seeing her like that ached Byulyi’s heart. Without her putting so much thought into her actions, she just found herself grabbing her jacket and heading out of her room, then of her house. Her footsteps were sure and quick, and before she knows it, she was already standing by the crying woman, who still seemed to be oblivious of her presence.

Byulyi cleared .

Now what? Comfort her, you .

She lightly nudged the crying woman and offered the jacket she grabbed and was unconsciously holding on too tight. The woman was surprised, of course. She almost fell off the swing, but thankfully she gained her balance and sprang up from her seat, heart beating fast.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you,” Byulyi said. She was holding out her hand as if she was caught doing something bad. “I just... well, you’re crying and...”

Great. Just great. What are you saying, Moon? Now look at the girl looking at you like you’re some weirdo.

The woman stared. Byulyi counted. The woman stared for more than five seconds and Byulyi felt like she just wanted to disappear. Then the woman wiped her tears and sat back on the swing. Byulyi was lost. She suddenly didn’t know what to do.

“Uh, I can go, if yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter