Problem 1: The $8 Dress

Girl Problems

The image of the vivid dress
That makes me come to my senses
Is it alright if I keep it to myself?
Sugar candy honey baby, a sweet trap

So cruel because of its sweetness

 


Baekhyun’s eyebrows draw together as a loud groan arises from the very back of his throat. His head feels heavy and his tongue feels disgustingly acidic. Cringing at the smallest movement, he tilts his head to the side slightly and sees the girl sleeping next to him. He flickers his eyes down to her body, not surprised to see her . He shuts his eyes and lets out a sigh. He can’t even remember last night. He hopes he at least enjoyed the while he was conscious.

Despite the throbbing in his head, Baekhyun forces himself to get up. He is dizzy and he actually stumbles a bit as he goes around the room, looking for every one of his clothes. Once he has dressed himself sloppily, he leaves the unnamed girl’s apartment without a second look, hailing a cab to return to his apartment where he takes a showers and ends up knocking out on his bed for the whole of Saturday afternoon before going out again at night.

And on Sunday, it feels like Baekhyun’s yesterday had repeated itself again.



 

Baekhyun hates Mondays the worst.

Not just because the weekend had been too short but Mondays are his longest days at uni. He has to there at nine in the morning for a lecture and his last class ends at five in the evening. It and it makes him cranky. It also doesn’t help that his little girlfriends always try to cling onto him whenever they see him. Which is almost every corner he turns.

“Minhee, I’m really not in the mood,” Baekhyun groans as the girl next to him hugs his arm to her chest.

“Pleeeease?” she begs in a cute voice. “I’m not wearing anything underneath,” she tempts.

Baekhyun swallows and turns to her, already contemplating her proposal. He sees her grinning up at him, her eyes twinkling with admiration. He sighs, feeling a sort of annoyance in him. He tears her hands away from his arm.

“Not today, Minhee. Maybe tomorrow,” he grumbles, now standing from the bench with his bag.

All he hears is a scoff and a loud hmph from the girl as she stands and storms off. He rolls his eyes and leaves the table, not even bothering to throw the empty box of his lunch into the bin that he passes. He has only taken five steps when he notices someone coming straight for him from the corner of his eye. Surprised, Baekhyun turns his head to the side and sees another one of his girl companions running towards him, throwing herself onto him for a side hug. He grunts at the impact and stays in his spot, letting out an annoyed breath.

This is another reason why he hates Mondays.



 

On Tuesdays through to Fridays though, Baekhyun struts through the campus with his head held high and at the top of his game.

To him, the whole campus is his solar system and he is the sun. Girls trail after him, yearning for a second of his attention, craving for a little touch of him. He knows if the power he garners, and he enjoys basking in it. He enjoys hearing the begs and whines from the girls around him, vying for his attention. He enjoys hearing them throw themselves at him, ready to give themselves up just for his use and entertainment. He enjoys the adoration from the female population and the envy from the males.

Baekhyun is tugging his fingers through his dishevelled pink hair, trying to make it neater as he quickly walks out of the toilet while it is empty. The girl holding onto his hand is giggling, still high off the ecstasy she felt from the with Baekhyun. He peeks out from the corner, sees how the corridor is empty, and tugs on the girl’s hand, slinging her in front of him. She gasps and pouts at him.

“Go first,” he mutters to her, tipping his sharp chin in the her direction. “I need to use the bathroom.”

“But we just—”

Baekhyun only has to scowl and she immediately nods her head. No one wants to get on Baekhyun’s bad side. They’re addicted to him, to his touches. They can’t let their pettiness get in the way of enjoying the drug that is Byun Baekhyun.

Baekhyun watches the girl walk away and once he is left alone, he groans and leans against the wall, shutting his eyes. He doesn’t quite know what exactly he is feeling. Exhaustion because of the three rounds he already had with three different girls, just for today? Blessed for having all these girls who would willingly throw themselves at him all because of his handsome features? Or a state of blankness at the realisation that none of these girls he interacts with actually knows him?

A toilet door swings open noisily, causing Baekhyun to whip his head to the side. He witnesses a girl coming out of the female toilet, gasping in shock, her eyes wide in surprise at Baekhyun’s sudden head movement. Their eyes lock and he stares at her, already scanning her body from head to toe.

One reason why Baekhyun loves summer despite the swelteringly hot weather is dresses.

This girl in front of him is wearing a cute summer dress, the yellow colour of it so vibrant that it is almost blinding. The ribbons that tie the spaghetti straps sitting on her shoulders are cute and neatly secured. Baekhyun drops his eyes to her legs and sees the white sneakers on her feet. He darts his eyes back up to her face, taking in her features that suits nicely with her cute outfit.

Though Baekhyun has many girls falling at his feet, he would like to think that his standards are not bad. His girl companions are always the pretty, y ones. The ones that would make guys turn heads and make girls want to imitate. He wouldn’t say that this lady before him isn’t pretty. But she isn’t the type he would normally go for. She looks way too… proper, is the only word he can use to describe her.

He can’t help it when his eyes fall to her dress again, quite appreciating the way the smocked tube top hugging her chest. He knows he’s only just finished with the third girl for today but he could go for another one. He just really wants to take that dress off of her and see how she really looks like .

As though time has stopped and resumed again, Baekhyun pushes off the wall and smiles at her, using the very same kind of smirk he deploys to hook these sort of unsuspecting girls to him. The ones who never before had a taste of the devil that is Byun Baekhyun, only to fall so deep and so hard that they will never learn how to crawl back up.

“Sorry I scared you,” he apologises without meaning it.

He has learnt the ropes of seduction so well that he knows how to control his body. He darkens his eyes a little and pulls his lips into a boyish grin that he knows every girl would fall for, his teeth so white and blinding, his canines so sharp and inviting.

Baekhyun knows exactly which part of his body would get him to where he wants to be. He knows what kind of effect he has on girls with the touch of his slender and delicate fingers. He knows how to them into the black hole of destruction with his caramel brown eyes. And he definitely knows what his teeth does to girls, having heard their moans and screams as he grazes them along their skin. Even the mere sight of them makes them tremble.

“It’s fine,” the girl mumbles, letting out a big breath. When Baekhyun simply continues staring at her, she frowns a little and dips her head. “Excuse me…” she mutters and tries to walk past him.

He only lets himself a second of surprise before turning on his heels to follow after her. She glances at him from the corner of her eye when he walks next to her.

“That’s a very nice dress you’re wearing,” Baekhyun compliments. He never really gives compliments to girls unless he really has to.

The girl frowns slightly and turns to him, analysing him. He curls the corner of his lip just enough for the human eye to see that he is smirking, but not enough for him to be seen as a sleazy man. This look of his, paired with the dark mischief in his eyes always get girls where he wants them even if his smile doesn’t. But obviously, this girl isn’t just any girl.

“You sound like the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood,” she comments blandly.

Baekhyun drops his act and loosens his facial muscles. He can only gape at her because what kind of woman is she to be completely unaffected by his advances? He is Byun Baekhyun. He doesn’t do the advancing, the girls make the moves. That is how he can take his pick as leisurely as he wants. He doesn’t have to chase after them.

“I’m just joking,” the girl chirps now, breaking out into a radiant smile.

Baekhyun lets out a relieved sigh subconsciously. He is pretty sure it is that time of day where the sun is the highest in the sky because he swears the lighting has brightened somewhat.

“I got it at a flea market,” she tells him, keen to tell him about the dress he finds pretty.

He desperately wants to tell her that he doesn’t really want to know where she got it from. He just wants to take it off her body. But he can’t seem to tell her that, not when she looks so happy recalling the time she found and bought the dress from an old lady with a white, furry cat on her lap.

“The grandma was really nice,” she finishes her story with this remark and it is only then that Baekhyun realises he has been following her to her classroom. She frowns and her head slightly to the side. “Are you in my tutorial?” she wonders, her hand on the door handle to get in.

Baekhyun quickly snaps out of it, barely even catching himself staring at her soft smile as she reminisces that day. He clears his throat and shakes his head.

No, I just…” He turns his head and blinks at this side of the building that he has never been to before. He finishes lamely, “I was just going the same way.”

“Oh,” she nods. Before she pushes down on the door handle, the girl gives him a polite smile, picks up the skirt of her dress, and does a little curtsy. “Thank you for admiring my $8 dress. My friends think it’s an ugly colour on me.”

Baekhyun wonders if his eyes are bulging in his sockets because he is staring at her laughing but all he hears is the soothing tinkle of a wind chime in the form of her laughter. How can anyone sound like that?

“I think you look breathtaking,” Baekhyun breathes without even thinking, sounding so dazed and out of character that he snaps out of it a moment later and frowns at himself.

She gives him another smile. “You’re very sweet. I have to get back to class.” She bows her head slightly and pushes the door to her classroom open. “See you around.”

Baekhyun doesn’t say anything, simply staring at her back as she slips into the room, going back to her lesson. He stands there for a long moment, breathing in the sweet scent of her perfume. His heart starts to thump with a kind of desire he has never felt before. He doesn’t really know what to make of it since every time he feels something when it comes to girls, the sensation would come from down below, not his chest. The girl he had just met was just so… sweet.

Baekhyun can’t shake that feeling of speechlessness when it comes to her. He doesn’t even know if he’s using the right words to describe what he feels. He doesn’t even know if he cares. All he can think of at the moment is her polite smile, her small talk, and her quiet laughter. Everything about her sweetness, from her easygoing first impression to her vivid yellow dress, all of that has wrapped Baekhyun’s mind in a fog, making everything so hazy. Baekhyun feels like he is trapped in her sweetness.

Baekhyun wants to keep the image of her smiling in her cute $8 dress to himself.

 
 
 

Author's note:

Such a short chapter but i think the next chapter would be longer. With more dialogues too. I'm not sure how long this fic will go on for btw, i'm planning to use every verse of the song for each chapter so i'll see where that takes us... I can feel this becoming another TMoHH bc i'm already writing the next chapter (rmb how quick i completed TMoHH?!?!!) Idk i just really like this self-conceited douchebag who thinks he's the lol And I just have a feeling you guys will LOVE how their interactions will turn out!!! ugh i just love, LOVE writing song inspired au's and non-rated fics! hehe

P.s. I think Baekhyun in kkb era is soooo baekhyun here...

xoxo