Chapter 2

Eyes On Me

 

“Kyaaa~ Hyungshik-ah~”

I rolled on my bed and hugged my pillow, thinking it was HyungShik. Yes, I am usually like this, unfortunately. Well, it’s Saturday and I have nothing to do so might as well just spazz about my favourite idol band.

“ZE:A~ ZE:A~” I chanted along with the styles in the video I was watching.
“Kya~ Hyungshik so cool~ And Minwoo, too.”

It was a video of B2ST and ZE:A doing a dance battle. They were both good, but of course…

“ZE:A! Daebak! ZE:A’s the best!”

If it wasn’t obvious yet, I’m a ZE:A style. I really really really like them and have been supporting them ever since their debut, and I’ve bought each and every one of their albums.

I sighed as the video finished, then I was about to move on to another one, when my phone rang. I quickly sat up and answered it.

“Hello?”
“Myeong-chan! It’s Hadija!”
“Ah! Hadija-chan! Wait—you’re in Korea?”

Hadija is a Japanese fan I met on a ZE:A fansite. She’s my friend, but I treat her like how an unni would treat a dongsaeng.

“Korea? Ah, ani. ZE:A’s in Japan right now so why would I leave?” She giggled.
“Ahh. That’s right… They’re holding a concert there, huh?”
“Yep! The concert’s for three days and I’m going to all of them~”
“Must be nice~ You’re gonna see ZE:A in person again…” I slumped in envy.
“But Myeong-chan, they live in your country so you see them more often don’t you?”

I sighed and laid down.

“Not really… Most of their concerts are during school days and my parents won’t let me go… What’s more is that I don’t have anyone to go with since my Hyeon Hee isn’t interested in ZE:A…”
“Ahh is that so?”
“Ne~ That’s why I’m counting on you to keep my Hyunshikkie safe from bad fangirls, ne?”
“Hai hai~ I will, don’t worry. I’ll also tell him you miss him.”

I giggled and sighed. One day… One day I’m really going to meet you Park HyungShik. I’ll be face-to-face with you~ It’d be just the two of us and I’ll have the courage to tell you…

“Saranghaeyo Park HyungShik!”
Hadija chuckled, “I’ll tell him that, too~”

We continued spazzing about ZE:A for another half hour before Hadija had to go and get ready to go out. We said our goodbyes and as if on cue, there was a knock on the door.

“Myeong Seon-ah~ I'm currently cooking something and I can't leave it alone for a long time so I need you to buy a few things for me at the grocery store."

I looked at the clock and groaned.

“But eomma~ It’s already nine in the evening~ And I’m doing something important!”

Well, spazzing is important, right? It keeps my morale up and keeps me sane.

“Just do it this once, ne?”
“Fine fine. I’ll do it.” I groaned again. Such is the curse of being an only child… You get to do all the work.

It’s already night-time so it’s gonna be chilly… I looked down at my attire; just a big shirt and shorts… Plus my hair is a mess…

“Who cares!” I threw my hands in the air and dragged myself up. I took a coat from my closet and dragged myself downstairs to the kitchen, grabbed the list and money posted on the fridge, and walked out of the house.

Jinjja… Just when I was having fun spazzing… What does mom need at this time of night anyway?

I looked at the list and rolled my eyes.

“Cabbages, apples, oranges, carrots… Yogurt… Milk… Vinegar…?”

Well this is a rather random list my mother has thought of. I shrugged and proceeded to walking to the store. It was just a few blocks away from our house, but it takes about an 8-minute walk to get there.

I looked up at the sky while walking along. It’s such a nice evening; the air is chill and not too cold, and the stars are all shining so brightly~

I sighed. If only I had HyungShikkie with me tonight, it’d be a really nice night…

I snapped out of my fantasies when I arrived at the store. I entered and greeted the manager. Since it was nearby, this is where we usually go to buy groceries, and since I’m an only child, I’m usually the one that buys the food.

After grabbing a basket, I got everything on the list and went to the counter to pay for everything.

“Okay.. So that’s everything and you still have extra money for a melona.” The manager smiled at me. “Want one?”
“Of course~”

He chuckled then handed me the ice cream and put everything else in a plastic bag before handing it to me. I thanked him and walked away while trying to open the ice cream.

I bit the end of the plastic and tear it off. As I did, I felt the bag I was holding get lighter. I looked down at the plastic bag I was holding…

“What the— My groceries!”

The plastic bag gave up and tore at the bottom part. The groceries inside all fell and the apple and oranges rolled away. I scrambled to collect them before they become any dirtier. As I blindly reached for the apple near the entrance, I felt a hand brush against mine.

“Need help?”

I looked at the person in front of me, who was also picking up the apples. I unconsciously stared at his porcelain skin… How could a guy have such nice skin..?

“Ahjusshi! Can I please have two plastic bags?” The manager went out after he saw what happened.
“A-ah! Yeah sure!”
“Ya. You alright?”

I snapped out of my thought and started picking up the apples again.

“N-ne. Thanks…”

I heard him scoff as we continued to pick up the fruits. The manager rushed over and gave him two plastic bags. He put everything in there and stood up and I followed. He handed me the bag and I thanked him.

“You’re… L.Joe, right? CAP-oppa’s friend?” I asked as I took the bag from him, almost stumbling because of the weight of the bag. He looked at me and nodded.
“Need help carrying those?”
“A-a-anyi! It’s alright! Really, thank you!” I bowed and quickly walked out of the place.

On my way out, I bumped into a girl. I quickly apologized and proceeded to going home.

"Ya! You forgot your ice cream!"

I stopped in my tracks. Looking back, I saw L.Joe holding up my ice cream. I went over to him with my head down and took it from him before quickly heading back home again.

"Th-thanks…"

I sprinted home, told my mom I left the groceries on the kitchen table and ran upstairs with my ice cream. I fell on my bed and started opening the plastic of the ice cream…

That guy is so weird... First he'd be like all snobbish and not talk that much, then the next thing you know he'd be helping you out... Unlike my Prince HyungShik~ Always so cute and talkative~

I started eating the ice cream and held back a squeal.

"HyungShik-ah! Be prepared! I swear I'll do anything to confess to you!"