Rain

Every time it Rains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Present

Rain

[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Junmyun did not like rainy days. And he hate today in particular. Today is such a busy day at cafe and his barista take a sudden leave. He has to put out a ‘close’ sign outsides to stop people from running in. Junmyun doesn’t want to do this but he needs a short break and he’s hungry.

After fixing himself up with simple sandwich, Junmyun sat down next to the window.

He hates to think while eating but seemed like his mind likes to act on its own. He thought of Chanyeol again. Junmyun blames himself for what happened 2 years ago. He is fine, he is not self-distracted or something like that but, the last moment with Chanyeol always pop up in his mind. And, he doesn’t date anymore.

 

Junmyun shook his head, and finished his sandwich. He’s running a cafe and it is successful. The last thing he has to worry about is money but right now, he needs to hire someone. He can’t keep filling in and he can’t always stay in the cafe.

He needs a part-timer.

The bell rang and Junmyun looks up from washing dishes.

 

“I know you put out a close sign but I saw you from outside, so I just came in.”

Junmyun couldn’t keep his eyes off. It’s strange. It has been 2 years since he felt such attraction to someone. That guy looks like he’s a college student. He dressed up simply but stylish. The black turtle-neck shirt looks great on him.

“How may I help you?”

“I’m looking for a part-time job. I can take orders. I am skilled barista. Are you in need of staff? I can even work on weekends. Please, help me out.”

 

If there’s something like fate, Junmyun would call ‘this moment’ fate. He thanked the gods above whomever looking over him. And plus, he’s very attractive. Attractive barista is always good for business.

“Let’s sit down and discuss. You’re lucky, we are short on staff.” Junmyun lead him to upstairs where his office is.

 

Junmyun offered him a seat which he took.

“Introduce yourself. It’s better if you can give your CV.”

“I will email you my CV later. My name is Oh Sehun. I finished my law school this year.”

“You… what?” Junmyun thought he’s 20 or maybe 19 even but he is graduated? With Law?

“I can work before 6 on weekdays. On weekends, from 4 to till late.”

“Sorry, did i mistaken? You said you finished law school?”

“Ah, that. Yes, I don’t want to work as a lawyer, yet. Besides, I wanted to work in a coffee shop since young.” Sehun smiled shyly.

“Hmm…”

Junmyun is not expected of that kind of part-timer. He noticed the broad shoulder of Sehun, setting square and straight. Sehun wouldn’t lose the eye-contact while he is speaking. Every little action shows him that Sehun is confident and not lacking money.

 

“How much pay did you expect from this job?”

“Ne? That, you can decide.”

“Normally, you can tell me your expected pay and I will decide. You seemed like you don’t need money.” Junmyun needs a part-timer but, he doesn’t need a rich jobless college boy messing around in his shop.

“Ne? I…”

“I will contact you. You can leave.”

“Do I get the job?” Junmyun stare straight into Sehun’s eyes. Junmyun saw the confidence and he saw a little bit of expectation. It is funny.

 

“Why do you think someone like you who isn’t in need of money but have plenty of time deserved this job than other people who actually needs money?”

“I… I need money.” Junmyun shook his head.

“How much is your shirt?” Junmyun pointed at Sehun.

“Ne?”

“What kind of restaurant he went to have lunch?”

“No… I mean,”

Junmyun doesn’t want to give him anymore of his precious time. He needs to re-open the shop.

 

“You don’t get the job because it is clear to me that you don’t need it. I am looking for someone who wants to work hard and also in need of this job. Not someone who is looking for a job to play around.” Junmyun stood up from his seat. Sehun also stood up.

“You are being unreasonable. My shirt is not that expensive and my mother bought it for me so I don’t know the price. If you want to know I can ask my mother. And I am not here to play around. I wanted to do proper job. You need staff and I can be that staff.”

“Please just go.” Junmyun doesn’t feel good to hear those things. He makes his way to the downstairs.

“No.”

Junmyun is stopped by the door, Sehun’s hand is on his forearm.

 

“What are you doing?”

“How about this? I can work here till you found that someone who really needs this job. I really want to work as a barista and I might not need money but I really need to work here.” Junmyun sighed out. He never met such stubborn person.

“Why? Why do you want to work here?”

“Can’t I just say I have my own reasons? Please, boss. I can work right now.” Junmyun really saw the desperation then. What Sehun offered is not bad either.

 

“Release me first.”
“Sorry, boss.” Junmyun wants to laugh at Sehun lowering his head, putting his hand behind his back.

“Don’t call me boss. My name is Kim Junmyun. How old are you?”

“23.”

“I’m older so, just call me hyung.”

“Yes! Junmyun Hyung.” Junmyun smiled as the cheerful tone returned to Sehun.

“Show me your skills first. If you work well today, you’re hired.” Junmyun walked out of the office and he head to downstairs. Sehun followed.

“Yes, boss!”

“Aish!”

“Ah, mian, mian. Yes, Junmyun Hyung.” Junmyun tried not to smile as he hide his head, heading to the cafe.

 

Sehun seemed to do a good job if he forgot the three orders getting mixed up, making a decaf, non-sugar order to an extra-shot with sugar, or a sweetened one to no-sugar, and a latte to pure milk. Junmyun let this slide because it’s his first day and today is also such a busy day. He gave out 50% off coupon to satisfy the customers and warned Sehun that it will be taken from his pay.

 

“Junmyun Hyung, I am clocking out in 10 minutes.”

Junmyun looked at the watch on his wrist and the clock says 5:50pm. Junmyun didn’t remember what time Sehun starts exactly.

“It’s around 1pm you started right?”

“It’s 1:25.”

Junmyun almost smile at the details but he didn’t. He did the math.

 

“Here’s your pay.” Junmyun handed him out 30,000 won.

“I get paid on my first day?”

“Of course, do you think I would let you work for free?” This time Junmyun really laughed out loud.

“But still…”

“However, 10,500 won will be deducted.”

“Ah, ne.” Sehun lower his head down a bit. Since Junmyun is standing directly in front of Sehun, Sehun’s height is hoovering.

“Try not to make mistake next time, okay?”

“I’m sorry. I will be more careful.” Sehun bow again. Junmyun likes him already.

“Can you come tomorrow 11 am?”

“11am?” His head suddenly rise up and meet eyes with Junmyun. Junmyun blinked out of shock because he was checking Sehun out while Sehun is looking down.

“Not convenient?” Junmyun acts like nothing is wrong.

“I can come earlier.” It seemed Sehun didn’t notice. Junmyun turned around to go to the counter. He is thirsty.

“Really?”

“Since opening.”

“REALLY?” The water he is about to sip through pipe doesn’t meet his lips. He put down the thumblr as he looked at Sehun with appreciation.

“That’s good. Ok. Shop opens at 7am. Try not to be late. There’s regular barista, I will introduce to you tomorrow.”

“Yes, Hyung. See you tomorrow.” Sehun left with a smile and a polite bow. Junmyun can’t believe he let that rich kid work at his place.

 

Junmyun knows his coffee shop is the whole chain and not just shabby place in a corner. There are a lot that wants to work for him. He only takes care of two shop in the chain. This is the main one that he just let Sehun worked. Another is smaller at Jeju Island. That one is managed by his cousin who doesn’t want to work but had to because of his mother, Junmyun’s Aunt.

Junmyun looked outside and the rain has already stopped. He wondered will the rain comes tomorrow too?

 

~

 

It was cloudy and cold. Junmyun shivered in his large oversized sweater and jeans. He’s wearing two socks. Junmyun just can’t stand the cold. He doesn’t want to pull his hand out of his warm sweater pocket and exposed the cold air to unlock the door.

 

“Here. Give me.”

A large pair of hands compared to Junmyun arrived in front of him. Junmyun eyes followed through the hand and looked up at the man. It turns out to be Sehun.

“You’re early.”

 

Junmyun hand him over the key. Junmyun doesn’t touch Sehun’s hand. He does not know why but he tried a safe distance to give Sehun the keys. But Sehun’s hand close the distance as he grab both the keys and his fingers.

“You said not to be late.”

“But it’s only half past six.” Getting up early does not bother Junmyun. He usually got up early, go for a jog then shower to open up the cafe. It’s part of his routine but he still hates the cold morning after hot shower. But it’s strange that this morning just get better. Is it because of a good company or is it… warm hand that almost hold his cold hand?

 

“6:40 but, it’s good thing I am early right? I am unlocking for you.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

It’s all Junmyun could manage. He stared at his own feet, unable to talk. It’s strange. This feeling… that this simple action gives him.

Sehun opens the door as he waits for Junmyun to go in first. Without saying anything, Junmyun went in and start to go around to make the shop alive.

 

“Hyung.”

“Hmm?” Junmyun looks at Sehun who is arranging the chairs and tables.

 

“Could you make me a bew?”

“You said you are skilled barista.”

“It’s true but I wanted a taste of you. I mean, coffee.” With a redness of ears, Sehun quickly said. Junmyun thinks his heart just skip a beat but he acts cool.

“Sure.”

Junmyun doesn’t want to show his face heating after Sehun’s little misused of words. He turned around, pretending to prepare for something which is just washing some clean dishes. He calmed himself, he took a large breath.

 

“Hyung! I’m here.” Junmyun looked up to the sound. He was a little unstable. He was cleaning the portafilter but it was a little misdirected as his hand got burned instead of the tool. Junmyun screamed out due to pain.

 

“What happened?” Sehun ran towards Junmyun.

“You’re hurt.” Sehun saw the redden burn on back of Junmyun’s hand.

 

“Hyung!”

“It’s not that bad. I’m ok. I’m ok.” Junmyun is quick to reassure Kris and Sehun who is hovering over him.

“Why are you cleaning? That’s my job. Now you’re hurt.” Kris is younger than Junmyun by a year but his tone is clearing scolding Junmyun.

“I am trying to make coffee. I was not careful enough.”

“Today, don’t touch any water, don’t try to help. Just stay put. Ok? Let’s get your hand treated.” Kris grabbed Junmyun by his good hand.

 

“If I don’t know better, you looked like a boss.” Sehun comment was a little not friendly.

Kris frowned and stare directly at Sehun. Both Kris and Sehun are of similar size but Kris might be a little taller.

“Who are you?”
 

“He’s new part-timer.” Junmyun tried to explain and get in middle of Kris and Sehun but Kris is holding him behind of him.

“You don’t look like a part-timer.”

“I am.” Sehun did not lose out. He stared right back at Kris.

 

“Kris, he’s Oh Sehun. Sehun-ah, he’s the main barista here. Kris.”

“Foreigner?”

“Not your business. Let’s go.” Kris once again, dragged Junmyun to his office. This time Sehun can’t say a thing.

 

Once Junmyun and Kris are alone in the office, Kris asked.

“What’s with him?”

“Sehunnie?”

“I took leave one day and you found yourself a little pet?”

“No!” Junmyun quickly denied. His heart is not done beating fast for Sehun’s earlier comment but now even Kris...

“Anyway, give me your hand.”

 

Kris is professional in treating burned wounds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter