Chapter 1

The painter's house - Taegi

Hiii ! This is my first time writing a fanfic.I got inspired by an urban myth that is known in Athens,Greece.The story is pretty similar to the story i will try to write in this fic, with just some changes.Hope you will like it:)

------------------------------------------

 

"Jungkook,i found the perfect house!",were the first words he heard when he woke up.His energized friend,Jin,having stormed into his room,began to shake him forcefully.The truth is,its been a while since the two friends had been searching for a proper house,but without a result.A house which would be located near their university was difficult to be found and the two of them were about to give up the idea of moving out.

You see,the love for music brought together Jin and Jungkook,two people who found support from each other.Music often was something strange for other kids,but never for them two.Music made them feel things,that nothing else in the world would be able to trigger.Peace,inspiration,happiness.And then,determined to follow its path,Jin and Jungkook ended up in a well known university in Seoul,thanks to music.

But unfortunately,no house so far was living up to their expectations.Each house they had seen was either too far from the university or over their budget.Every house,until this one was found,hoping that it would end their search.

"What?",Jungkook asked somewhat sleepy.

"The ideal house!Maybe the best we could find.Just a mile away from the university!",Jin announced happily,having spent all morning for this.But maybe he thought it was his responsibility,being the older of the two.Jin always thought of himself as Jungkook's older brother.And he wasn't wrong.

Jin having noticed that the younger was ignoring his words,left with a sigh.Jungkook never was a morning person.

 

After half an hour and a short shower,Jungkook went downstairs,to their house's kitchen.Jin was still absorbed into his laptop,searching for more information about the -dreamy- house,while Jungkook chose to prepare and eat a bowl of cereal.

"So,it's close to the university?",Jungkook broke the silence after a while.

Rising his stare from the laptop for the first time since Jungkook walked in,"Yes,and i just communicated with the owner.Fortunately,the area isn't heavily populated.Or else we would have a problem.", Jin said laughing,remembering occasions where angry neighbours would complain,not hesitating to tell them off because of the noise they made.

"I was told that few people live in the area,most of them are elders.We are lucky that we found it."

Jin continued his thorough search,while having a few sips of coffee.

"Let's visit the house tomorrow", Jungkook suggested, having had his breakfast.Jin then looked at him with a smile,ready for a new start in their life.

"..and here is the bedroom,spacy and bright.The window's position offers bright light,and surely a beautiful view",the house's owner said smiling while motioning to the uncountable trees which could be seen from the window.So far,Jin and Jungkook seemed pleased and satisfied with the house.It was indeed spectacular but it gave off a strange feeling.Like it was hiding something,some secret.But maybe it was due to their imagination which perhaps were to blame because of their unforeseen happiness now that they finally found a nice house.

"Seems interesting,don't you think?",Jin said while looking at Jungkook waiting for a positive answer.Jin would definitely take the chance this house offered.

"Yes,it is", Jungkook exclaimed, "I think we should buy it.Besides,its really close to the university."

The tall owner seemed happy about the answer."Its a huge relief that someone was found who is interested about this house's future.Its story shouldn't be forgotten,even though its the story itself which discourages people from buying the house."

Jin and Jungkook quickly got surprised and wondered because of this strangely happy answer.Maybe their unexplained feeling wasn't so wrong.

"What do you mean?Is something wrong with this house?",Jungkook asked confused.

"No,not exactly.There are various myths at times,but my opinion is that we shouldn't believe them.Nothing has ever happened while i'm here and i can assure you of this.Don't get easily fooled by myths!",the owner assured,collecting his many papers and documents that he brought.With a smile and after a kind handshake,he handed in the keys.

"Don't hesitate to communicate with me in case you need something.Have a good stay!",the tall owner said with a happy voice,opening the wooden house's door.The boys stood still confused with the strange and vague response of the owner, who just left.Jungkook then went to the living room,and sat on the couch.He tried not to think too much of the man's words but it seemed impossible.

Having noticed the awkwardness in the room,Jin sat next to the younger."Well,let's believe him.I mean,what could go wrong?",he asked without much faith in his words,trying to calm Jungkook down.

Jungkook then,turned and looked at him. "Yes,nothing", he exclaimed,much more like he was trying to reassure himself than answer Jin.

The aura which the house gave off,could be called mysterious if not frightening.Jungkook spent the first night with Jin in the house's living room,eating pizza and watching a boring movie.It was about love which ended up tragic as it was one-sided.Jin,the romantic one of them,was crying from the beginning of the movie not able to hold back his tears.

"But it's unfair!",he complained with a choked voice,"He loved her so much,how couldn't she notice?He would give up everything for her!",Jin continued sobbing,falling to Jungkook's shoulder.Jungkook however,wasn't exactly focused into the movie.He felt tired from the moving,and he wanted nothing more than for this movie to be over,which it was too much dramatic and expected for him.

"It's just a movie",he tried to comfort Jin,but without a result.Fortunately,the film didn't take much time to finish.Jin then rose from the couch and having muttered something about one-sided love,he went to his bedroom.Jungkook turned off the TV,cleaned the living room off of the pizza boxes and went to his own bedroom.

 

Just as he lie down on his soft bed and closed his eyes with a smile spreading to his face,he heard something weird.Was it a sound?From downstairs,he swore he could hear noises.Scared he jerked from his bed,trying to hear better.It was then that he heard cries and a voice muttering something.But he was sure Jin had gone to sleep.Jungkook smiled at the thought of his friend who hadn't overcomed the sad -and unfair to him- movie they watched,yet.He was sure that this exact moment Jin was crying over ice cream while continuing to complain about the film's script.

Jungkook,not being able to bear the thought of his friend crying for something like this,he decided to go down stairs so that he could comfort him.And maybe eat the chocolate ice cream together.But as he was approaching,the voice he was hearing seemed unfamiliar.And definitely lower.

 

"Yoongi,why did you leave me?",were the words he heard.He tried to remember the movie,and even though he paid little attention to it,he was sure that there wasn't a character named like that.When he finally arrived at the living room,he saw something that frightened him.A boy's figure stood near him,while sobbing.

"Yoongi,i love you!", the unfamiliar boy continued crying.It was now impossible for Jungkook to keep quiet even though it was late at night.He screamed,screamed so much that he was surely heard even to the few houses that existed at the area.

 

The figure quickly disappeared.