New Party Members: Himchan and Zelo obtained!

My Pet Guard Snail

Youngjae stared out his window in a daze his mind cluttered by the strange warmth permeating from his forehead. It was all stupid Daehyun’s fault. Since the night of the reunion the only thing on Youngjae’s mind was Daehyun’s surprisingly plush lips on his forehead. Was this the elder’s new form of torture? ual harassment!? Youngjae frowned at the thought. His mind was running wild as to why the elder had done such a thing. But most importantly, why Youngjae’s cheeks always heated up when he remembered the incident. He blamed it on the hormones. He hadn’t gone out clubbing in weeks and the last time he had a girlfriend was a few years ago. It wasn’t his fault that his body reacted to the slightest affection. It wasn’t his fault that Daehyun’s kiss was as gentle as a flower petal. It wasn’t- Youngjae shook his head realizing how this train of thought was digressing. 

“Is it your naptime, chicklet?” Youngjae jumped from the sudden warm whisper in his ear, causing him to fall back off the couch, back on the floor at he stared up to a confused yet amused Daehyun. 

“W-why did you surprise me like that!?” Youngjae growled, reaching his arms out so that Daehyun could help him. 

“I called you several times, but you were out of it,” Daehyun shrugged, pulling the younger up on his feet. “I’m curious as to what has got you thinking so hard.” Daehyun chuckled slightly.

“Rude,” Youngjae flipped him the finger, his eyes, for some reason, darted towards Daehyun’s lips. An action unconscious and not on his own accord, of course. Youngjae’s cheeks flared red, remembering exactly the incident that had gotten him into this squabble. “I-It’s nothing important. Anyways what are you doing in here? Are you planning to take over Miwha’s job?” Youngjae placed a hand on his hip as he watched Daehyun sigh and shake his head at the mess of clothes in Youngjae’s room, picking up a few articles of clothing as he went. 

“I was intending to give you some pleasant news, buuut, you don’t seem to care for my presence here so I’ll just-” Daehyun was about to leave the room, when Youngjae suddenly appeared in front of the door. A grumble on his face as he reluctantly concede. Daehyun quirked the corner of his mouth in a slight smile. The younger was so easy to tease and so predictable. “I was thinking that tonight I should let you go clubbing with your friends.” 

“Really!?” Youngjae clutched onto Daehyun’s arm, a sparkle of glee in his eyes.

“Yes, do you want me to change my mind?” Daehyun chuckled, as he returned to picking up Youngjae’s clothes that had littered the younger’s floor. Daehyun felt like he was becoming more of a maid than an actual bodyguard, but he was never one that liked a mess. He did not understand how Youngjae could live in it. “I thought I would cut you some slack since you managed to finish all your work this week, but I’m coming with you.”

“Do you have to?” Youngjae bright cheery expression fell to skepticism. He finally gets his freedom. The last thing he wants is his babysitter following around.

“Yes. I’m still your bodyguard and clubs aren’t the safest place baby chicks like you should be wandering. Who knows what some vixen might do to you.” Daehyun smirked, glancing over at Youngjae as he folded one of the younger’s discarded shirts. Youngjae was puffing out his cheeks, his brows furrowed together in annoyance. The baby chick’s feathers were ruffled. 

“I’m not a baby chick!” Youngjae hissed. “I am an adult and I can take care of myself,” Youngjae stuck his nose in the air. “And I’ll have you know I can handle the ladies just fine thank you,” Youngjae sneered. “Unlike a certain drag who just spends his entire life working. Don’t you have a girlfriend or something to get to instead of hanging around with me?” Youngjae plopped himself on the couch, grabbing a sliced apple from th small table beside him. Miwha had plate their moments ago. 

“Not interested.” Daehyun placed the clothes he folded into the younger’s closet. Youngjae raised a brow at the elder. Not interested? Was the man also a monk? How could he not be interested in getting a girlfriend? Or a lovely wife at his age? Did he want kids or was he gonna spawn them like a snail? Or worse was the elder really intending to haunt the him until he died?

“Not interested?” Youngjae’s eyes opened wide for a moment. A certain devilish instinct popping out of his head. “Oooooh I get,” Youngjae snickered. “Little Daehyun junior here ain’t working is he?,” Youngjae made circles with his finger, gesturing towards Daehyun’s crotch. Daehyun merely raising a bored brow at him. “It’s okay, men your age have problems like that all the time. Nothing a little can’t help with.” Youngjae bursted out into a laughter at his own teasing, not noticing that the elder was drawing nearer. 

“You want to find out for yourself if it’s working or not?” Youngjae nearly shrieked when stopped his fit of laughter, wiping away his tears of joy only to be face to face with Daehyun. A sheet of air blocking them. Youngjae was sweating, his heart beating erratically in every which directions as he was trapped in between Daehyun’s arms that had caged him on the couch. He could no longer sink further into the couch as Daehyun inched closer and closer. Youngjae opening and closing his mouth like a fish desperate for water. “Baby chick underwear princess,” Daehyun flashed a polite smile, lifting up Youngjae’s boxer briefs that he had found on the floor. The pale baby blue fabric was littered with chicklets. A cute attire for a cute boy. Youngjae now shrieked as he snatched the fabric away from Daehyun. 

“Y-you erted aual snail!” Youngjae pushed Daehyun away, the elder letting out a low chuckle that Youngjae refused to admit he enjoyed. It sounded like the soft hum of a Spanish guitar, enticing and warm. 

Daehyun hid his smile behind his fist as he watched the bright red younger fiddle with fabric, holding it close, grumbling something along the lines of ‘there’s nothing wrong for a grown man to like baby chicks on his underwear. It builds character.’ “You better hurry and get ready for tonight. Unless you intend to wear just those baby chick boxers.” Daehyun snickered, which earned a shirt thrown into his face by Youngjae. 

“Go yourself, ya snail!” 


“Well look who’s risen from the dead!” Himchan teased as Youngjae rushed towards them, pulling them into a tight hug. 

“Wow, hyung. I never pegged you for the clingy type.” Zelo teased, placing his drink down on the table so he wouldn’t spill it. 

“Shut up you giant palm tree and enjoy this while it lasts. I feel like I haven’t seen you guys in forever.” Youngjae sighed, relieved at the familiar scent of his close friends. 

“Well someone’s been a little busy bee playing house with his bodyguard.” Himchan teased, which was awarded a swift kick to the shin by Youngjae. Himchan yelped, grasping onto his knee as Zelo bursted out into laughter. 

“This bee has got a stinger,” Youngjae smirked, placing himself in his rightful spot on the velvet chair. Himchan sitting beside him whining about how his body being his moneymaker and how Youngjae should pay for damages. “I don’t play house with that stupid snail. That guy practically keeps me as a prisoner in my own home.”

“Wow, hyung. .” Zelo chuckled as Himchan stared at him wide eyed and Youngjae deadpanned. In most cases, Youngjae would be equally as shocked as well, but the youngest had involved Daehyun in his teasing and well, that simply the emotions right out of Youngjae. 

“Which motherfudger let our baby watch !?” Himchan shrieked, grabbing a bottle of champagne from a nearby waiter. “Come here child and let me cleanse your tainted eyeballs with this holy water.” Zelo squirmed and yelped as Himchan grabbed the other’s head threatening to pour the bubbly drink in his eyes. 

Youngjae was on the sidelines laughing his off. He missed his friends so much. Honestly, being with them made Youngjae forget about his obligations and duties. They made Youngjae feel free under the suffocation of the Yoo family. It was simply unfortunate that the three of them were so busy. During the day, Youngjae had a team to direct, Himchan had photoshoots and designs to run, and Zelo was trapped in the recording rooms and practice studios. When the three of them weren’t working they would be exhausted as hell with only enough energy to video chat with each other. It was only during the hours of the night, when the music was blaring and the people were dancing that three managed to meet and let loose. 

“Speaking of your bodyguard, where is he? Didn’t you say he stalked you here?” Himchan scanned the crowd, trying to find an intimidating rock of a man. Or perhaps a snail? Youngjae had often described the man as living under a rock and having no life. 

Youngjae scoffed, downing a shot of tequila before he could properly think of the guard. “I told him to keep his distance. I don’t want him to bother me when I’m with you guys.”

“Awww, come on, hyung. Invite him over. We gotta meet the infamous Daehyun that has been driving you up a wall. Maybe I can learn some tricks.” Zelo snickered, only to earn him a slap in the back on the head by Youngjae. A small pout forming on the youngest lips as he rubbed his head. Only at times like this did the younger seem so innocent and squishy, but both Himchan and Youngjae knew that there was a cheeky devil living inside of him. 

“No. Nada. Ziltch. I finally get a night of fun so I am not bringing him over.”

“JUNG DAE-”

“Himchan, what are you doing!?” Youngjae shrieked placing his hand over the elder’s mouth. Himchan simply shrugged, before the palm of Youngjae’s hand. Youngjae’s hand scrunched in disgust as he quickly removed his hand to wipe the saliva on his pants. 

“Well if you weren’t going to bring the man to him, I was going to bring him to us.” Himchan smirked. Youngjae pouted at his hyung’s ridiculous childness. 

“Fine. If you want to see him so bad, I’ll show you, but don’t call him over. Deal?” Youngjae frowned, sighing as Zelo and Himchan nodded their heads in excitement. Youngjae scanned the crowd, pulling Himchan and Zelo along as they weaved through the crowd. Youngjae eyed the bar where he had told Daehyun to wait for him, scanning through each patron. The younger was beginning to get agitated. Even when Daehyun wasn’t around he managed to ruin his fun. “Ah!” Youngjae spotted a tuft of familiar light brown hair at the corner of the bar. “There he-” Youngjae tilted his head confused as he pointed at Daehyun. “-is?” Youngjae stared shocked and confused as he saw a crowd of women surrounding Daehyun. 

Youngjae would rather die, chop himself up into little pieces, throw them in a fire, and then spread his ashes over the damn Pirates Carribean ride at Disneyland before every publicly admitting that Daehyun was a sight tonight. But internally? Well, everything was fair game. The elder had dressed in clubbing as per request of Youngjae. The younger gave him an earful about appropriate dressing and that he wouldn’t let Daehyun sit around the club looking like a office worker. The elder complied only so that the younger would stop nagging him. Youngjae would have never thought that Daehyun would look that good in casual clothes. The younger was honestly banking that Daehyun would look like a sack of bruised potatoes, but when did anything go his way?

Daehyun had his usually neatly combed hair, messily styled, like he just woke up and looked hot. His usual white button up was traded in for a fitted black tee and his black dress pants with dress shoes became a pair of light gray ripped jeans with black combat boots. Were those ing piercings, Youngjae saw!? Couldn’t the stupid snail let Youngjae live? It wasn’t fair that his bodyguard was that good-looking. What did that make Youngjae then? A peasant. Despite the irritation Youngjae felt that Daehyun fit too well with the club aesthetic, what irritated him more was the fact that the man was surrounded by a slew of beautiful women. Women dressed to the nines with their crop tops, their short dresses and skirts, and their leather pants. Perfume permeating from their body like a damn Airwick and their faces heavily painted like Picasso had thrown a paint bucket at them.  The shocking part, it wasn’t that Youngjae even jealous of Daehyun-the women reminded Youngjae of Minha and that made his stomach churn. No, Youngjae was furious at the attention was giving them. 

Yes, Youngjae had told the elder to keep himself busy while Youngjae went off to have fun with Zelo and Himchan. This. This. This atrocity was not what he meant. Youngjae had caught the way Minha eyed Daehyun that night at the party and seeing Daehyun being surrounded by clones of her, Youngjae had thought the elder would know better. The only thing those vixens wanted was to get in his damn pants. That damn polite smile of his egging them on even further. Youngjae would let out a snort, laughing at how Daehyun might be the one caught up by vixens instead of him. Youngjae fumed. Was that a smirk he saw? Did he just smirk and chuckle at one of the damn Barbies!? Who allowed Daehyun to smirk at those girls!? He was supposed to be an aual snail!

Himchan squeezed past the gaping Youngjae in order to get a better look at the infamous bodyguard, only to let out a sharp wolf whistle.“Hot ing fried chicken damn! That’s your body-” 

“JUNG DAEHYUN!” Himchan and Zelo jumped at Youngjae’s expected shout. The little angry bird beside them, huffing and puffing his cheeks with his fist clenched. His foot tapping impatiently on the dancefloor. 

Daehyun made eye contact with Youngjae, letting a bubble of laughter get caught in chest. If he had a tea kettle right now, he could probably brew enough tea for the entire country of Britain with how much steam was coming out of Youngjae. He quickly excused himself from the women, weaving his way through the crowd. He was glad to be rid of those girls.They were pestering him and honestly, if he wasn’t bored waiting on Youngjae, he would have told them to beat it. It wasn’t that Daehyun was some monk or priest. Far from it. The boy was too tainted for that. Daehyun was simply not interested. When he was younger he was too busy trying to make a living for his and his brother to survive. Now he was running a company and trying to make sure all s survived. Daehyun neither had the time nor the energy to pursue a relationship. That wasn’t to say that the man was the Mary. Daehyun had many late night escapades, especially during his time working abroad, and left a trail of broken hearts. There were a few that made Daehyun think. Wonder a life where he’d settle down, find the one and have a family. His mind would then trail off to the family he already had and the dangerous life he led. Then the thinking stopped. 

“You told me not to bother you?” Daehyun came up to Youngjae, a hint of a smug smile on his lips. Zelo and Himchan just gawked at the handsome man, honestly thinking that the man had stepped out of one of Himchan’s fashion magazine. 

“I-uh…” Youngjae chewed on his bottom lip, thinking of an excuse without looking stupid. “I-I need your help.”

“With?” Daehyun quirked a curious brow.

“Um, opening a bottle!” Too late. He was already looking stupid. If Youngjae could facepalm right now, he would.

“You need help opening a bottle?” The evident smirk on Daehyun’s face grew larger at Youngjae’s lame excuse to call him over. 

“For a bodyguard you ask too many questions!” Youngjae hissed, trying to hide the embarrassed blush on his face as he pushed Daehyun in the direction of their table.

“Yoo Youngjae! Why didn’t tell me your bodyguard was one y piece of man!” Himchan whisper hissed, latching onto Youngjae’s arm. How dare the younger keep this hunk of man all to himself without telling him!? His little Jaebaby was straight so why couldn’t he help Himchan out and toss Daehyun his way. 

“Cause he’s not!” Youngjae grumbled back. Again, he would rather die than publicly admit otherwise. 

“Yeah, and Channing Tatum isn’t a hot stripper turned actor,” Himchan rolled his eyes. “Your bodyguard is like dripping ! What I wouldn’t do to have than tan Adonis on top of-”

“Censor your dirty mouth for my ears!” Youngjae almost shrieked, trying to burn away the image Himchan was just about to paint in his mind. “Besides he’s not interested. He’s a damn snail remember?”

“He could hope into my shell anytime.” Himchan his lips, at how Daehyun’s back muscles moved as the guard weaved through the crowd. 

“Freaking Kim Himchan! Where’s a Bible so I can smack you with it!” 
“Hey! Just because your cute little tushy isn’t interested in having him doesn’t mean I’m not.” Himchan and Youngjae began to squabble, not noticing a cheeky not so little maknae swooping in. 

“So you’re Youngjae’s bodyguard?” Zelo flashed Daehyun an innocent smile. Better to keep it sweet on the first meet. “My name’s Zelo.” 

“I know,” Daehyun flashed a polite smile towards Zelo. The elder having a slight soft spot for the maknae already since Zelo reminded him of his brother. Zelo raised a brow and his mouth made a small ‘o’ of confusion. Daehyun’s smile soften and a small laugh left his lips. “It’s my job to know who Youngjae associates with,” Zelo’s eyes went wide as he nodded with understanding. “Plus my brother is a fan of you music. You’re very talented.”

“Oh! Uh thanks!” Zelo was beginning to feel sheepish at the sudden compliment. Similar to Youngjae, Zelo had his fair share of kiss ups, people saying whatever they want to please him, not because they genuinely cared. This was why Zelo cherished every compliment, outburst, and even negative critiques his fans gave him, his Tatsumatos, because he knew that those critiques were given out of care. For Daehyun to give the younger a genuine compliment right off the bat and not even being a fan of his music, threw him off a bit. 

“No need for thanks when I’m stating a fact,” Daehyun shrugged as he got up the step to reach the VIP area. “What bottle did you need me to open, Youngjae?” 

“Um this?” Youngjae quickly grabbed a random bottle and pushed it towards Daehyun.

“Damn, hyung,” Zelo whispered into Youngjae’s ear. “You better watch yourself. The guy is damn smooth. He might take your flower before you even know it” Zelo let out a small whistle. Youngjae glared at Zelo, the younger merely laughing his off. 

“Sooo Daehyun, how is it babysitting our little baby?” Himchan had a sly grin on his lips as he slid his way beside Daehyun. Youngjae scrunched his nose up at the sight. He knew that grin. Upon his first meeting with Himchan, he had received the same grin himself. It’s the ‘you’re cute/hot and I want to ’ look. 

“Tedious, but I assume you guys already know that,” Daehyun smirked, and if Himchan wasn’t trying to keep his composure he would swoon. How the hell did Youngjae not want this man!? Himchan would never understand his straight princess. With a hot piece of like Daehyun constantly beside him, Himchan would have expected the boy to at least be bi. “I’m curious if you guys have either immense patients or are as equally hard to handle as the little chick.” Youngjae growled at Daehyun, flipping him off. 

“Hmmmm, I know something that’s hard and that you can handle.” Himchan hummed snaking his arm around Daehyun’s arm. Youngjae’s face burned at Himchan’s blunt innuendo while Daehyun chuckled at the other’s straight forwardness. 

“You favor me too much, Mr. Kim,” Daehyun chuckled, slipping his arm out of Himchan’s grasp. “With your looks and line of work you probably are surrounded by beautiful people, you don’t need attention from a bodyguard.” Himchan felt his cheeks turn a soft pink. The giant fetus was right. He was a smooth talker, even if the bodyguard didn’t know it. “Here, Youngjae. Anything else?” Daehyun handed the bottle back to Youngjae, his head slightly tilted as he smiled at Youngjae entertained. 

“No!” Youngjae huffed, crossing his arms. “You can go back to those vixens again,” Youngjae snorted, rolling his eyes before giving Daehyun a pointed glare. “And you said that I’d be the one who would be snatched up.”

“I won’t get snatched,” Daehyun scoffed. “How could ever leave the baby chick princess all by himself,” Daehyun ruffled Youngjae’s hair. Youngjae pouted as he grabbed onto his hair, annoyed that Daehyun had ruined his styled locks. Himchan and Zelo glanced at each other, amused by the situation. “Well, I guess I’ll head back to my post.”

“W-wait!” Himchan and Youngjae both eyed each other in slight confusion as they both grabbed Daehyun’s arm. Zelo leaned back, the most amused and devilish grin on  his lips. This was going to be interesting.

“Um?” Daehyun looked down at his wrist before eyeing both Youngjae and Himchan. Daehyun knew why Himchan had stopped him. The elder had made it obvious of his intentions, but Youngjae? Now that was new. Daehyun would have thought the younger would shoo him off as quickly as humanly possible. Youngjae must have realized Daehyun’s confusion because he quickly released the other, wiping his hands on his pants.

“Stay and chat with us, Daehyun. We would love to get to know you more, and plus we got a ton of fun embarrassing stories about Youngjae.” Himchan beamed a toothy smile tugging onto Daehyun’s arm. 

“What are you doing!?” Youngjae whispered yelled in Himchan’s ear. The elder cringed at the whisper yelling in his ear. 

“What I’m doing is helping you out,” Himchan proudly grinned. Youngjae stared at the elder with a blank face. What. The. Actual. Hell. How was Himchan helping Youngjae by keeping Daehyun here longer!? Sure, Youngjae grabbed onto Daehyun too, but Youngjae had a valid reason for that. He was just trying to make sure that Daehyun knows not to run off with some hussy since he was Youngjae’s ride home. Yep, that was it. “If you don’t want him, then let me seduce him, get him off your back, and then you can live happily every after, while I get to have this hunk of man fu-”

“Don’t finish that sentence unless you want me to throw up on your Gucci shoes,” Youngjae shook his head in dismay. “Can you please talk some sense into your crazed mother right now?” Youngjae hissed at Zelo. The younger shrugged as he sipped on his somaek. 

“Himchan has been super busy so he hasn’t been able to blow of steam for some time, if you catch my drift. The man was so desperate he wanted me to jerk him off,” Zelo cringed at the memory. He would honestly rather die, or even date one of his stalker fans before touching Himchan’s dingleberry. “I’m pretty sure I can call the cops on him for child endangerment.” Youngjae rolled his eyes. Well, wasn’t the younger helpful. 

“You can go now, Daehyun.” Youngjae frowned, tapping his foot impatiently as Daehyun contemplated whether to listen to Youngjae or not. Meh, seeing how seething the younger was getting, it would be more interesting if he were to stay. 

“Hmmm, I think I’ll stay. Perhaps this information will be pertent in protecting you from future danger.” Daehyun smirked. Youngjae’s eyes widened at Daehyun’s audacity. His anger was further fanned when he saw Himchan slink his arm around Daehyun’s. 

“Fine then!” Youngjae gripped his fist tightly. “You can stay here, but that doesn’t mean I have to.” Youngjae his heel, stomping onto the dance floor. Stupid Daehyun. Stupid Himchan.

“Maybe you’ve pushed it too far?” Zelo murmured so that only Himchan could hear.

“I’m just giving our little angel a push. It is obvious that the little nugget cares for this hunk of man, despite his serpent tongue, he just doesn’t notice it yet. And well if he never notices, then lucky me,” Himchan flashed Zelo a coy smile. “So Daehyun, what do you like to do for fun?” Himchan grinned sweetly. 


Youngjae tried to let his mind blend away into the beat of the music and the sweaty bodies. The smell of alcohol, perfume, and cologne swirling around him. He just wanted to forget. Forget the stupid emotions he felt towards Daehyun’s kiss on the forehead. Forget that Daehyun was surrounded by women just a few minutes. Forget that his best friend was hitting on Daehyun and Daehyun was going along with it. The more he thought about the less he enjoyed the dancing, the less he enjoyed the girls basically fondling over him. A guy had tried to grab his and Youngjae nearly ripped off the man’s balls. Youngjae didn’t understand why he was so upset, and why all his frustrations revolved around Daehyun. Perhaps it was because Youngjae was beginning to warm up to the elder? Daehyun was one of the very few people that Youngjae felt ‘comfortable’ with. Daehyun obviously wasn’t after his money, nor trying to steal the company from him. He actually, possibly, cared for Youngjae. Reluctant as he be, Youngjae would admit that he kinda considered Daehyun as a ‘friend.’ 

Nights of the two playing video games together poured into Youngjae’s. Well actually Daehyun was playing while Youngjae was laughing his off. True the elder was getting better, but not by much. The last game the two played was the Sims and within 5 minutes, Daehyun’s avatar died from having too full of a bladder. Youngjae couldn’t help but smile and tease Daehyun for his mistakes, causing Daehyun to let a disgruntled growl. In some instances the elder would even have a slight pout on his face, and Youngjae would reluctantly admit that it was cute. It reminded him of a puppy. 

Then thoughts of the two having lunch together popped into Youngjae’s mind. Apparently, someone had informed the elder, and or he was being a creepy stalker , that Youngjae was skipping out on lunch to finish up the launch of their new game. Daehyun had insisted that he would eat with Youngjae, saying that his mother would not be too happy if Youngjae became emaciated. The two of them would just talk with each other, since Youngjae found the silence too awkward. Youngjae had learned things about Daehyun that he never expected to learn like the elder enjoyed watching musicals. Youngjae had to try hard to contain his laughter seeing how his manly man bodyguard liked musicals. Daehyun must have noticed since he flicked Youngjae’s button nose. The elder mentioned that his younger brother and him used to watch an extensive array of musicals from the Sound of Music to Hamilton when they were younger. Youngjae had playfully teased whether his parent’s were obsessed with them or something, which Daehyun replied by ruffling the younger’s hair and saying he talked too much. 

Youngjae just wanted to forget those stupid memories because it made him warm and fuzzy inside. He didn’t want to feel warm and fuzzy. He had a ing heart of dry ice and liquid nitrogen running through his veins. 

“I-I’m not interested.” Youngjae’s mind was yanked out of his thoughts when he heard a princess in distress. Youngjae turned to see a group of girls being hassled by a group of guys. One of the guys was man-handling a petite brunette, her large doe brown eyes staring up at the men with fear as she tried to pull her arm from his grasp. Youngjae’s princely instincts kicked in as he ran towards the group, quickly yanking the man’s arm off the young woman. 

“She said she wasn’t interested.” Youngjae glared at the group of men. Burly, drunk out of their mind, and probably only thought with their . The type of people Youngjae hated the most. Why? They only caused problems and nuisances that Youngjae did not want to clean up.

“And who are you princess? Her knight in shining armor?” The guys scoffed, looking back at his group of his buddies who let out a hearty laugh. “Me and her were simply having a simple chat, right cutie.”

“No we were not!” The girl hissed from behind Youngjae, glaring daggers at the oaf.

“As you can see she clearly wants nothing to do with you. Or maybe your one brain cell can’t comprehend that?” Youngjae glared, making sure to keep the girl behind him so that she wouldn’t get hurt if things got ugly. 

“What did you say, pretty boy!?” The man glared, his chest rising and falling as he was getting worked up. His body was tense and his face was beginning to turn red. “You know, with that pretty face of yours, we wouldn’t mind if you took her place.”

“Wooow, you must be ing dumb to think that I would want to do anything with you. I don’t want to get caught with your stupidity virus and neither does this girl.” Youngjae hissed, giving him the finger. 

“You little er! Let’s see if you’re so cocky after I beating your face in!” The man growled, lifting his arm up to punch Youngjae. Youngjae planted himself firmly in front of the girl, using his arm to guide her behind him so that she would not receive any of the man’s blows. Youngjae wasn’t much of a fighter, hell the guy didn’t even like doing any form of exercise. Hello? He developed video games for a living he didn’t need to workout. The younger prepared for the blow to fall upon his face, clenching his teeth and closing his eyes, awaiting the searing pain that was going to burn on his cheek. First time he gets to go clubbing in weeks and he has to get into a club fight. Just zippidity doo da great.

“You’re just a magnet for trouble, aren’t you?” Youngjae fluttered his eyes open to see Daehyun standing in front of him, a small amused smirk on his face as he easily locked the drunk man in a tight arm hold. “But I suppose if you weren’t you wouldn’t be you.” Youngjae just blinked his eyes, gaping like a goldfish. 

Suddenly another man came up and attempted to attack Youngjae, swinging a punch at the other. Daehyun he drunk he had in a hold aside and blocked the oncoming attackers punches. Daehyun’s eyes went wide for a moment. The weight of the man’s punch was not normal. Normal for an average drunkard. There was weight to it, the kind that would get you seeing stars if it landed. Daehyun was familiar with these kind of punches. Very familiar actually. Daehyun sent a sharp glare at the other and swung a low punch at the attacker, but the other man easily dodged it. A small huff of confidence left the man’s lips as he cracked his knuckles. The scene was getting restless as other people not involved were starting to get involved. Fights were breaking out on all sides, but Daehyun was too preoccupied dealing with the sole attacker. He was a professional and Daehyun could not take him lightly. Youngjae just stared in awe at how skillful Daehyun was. He had never seen the elder fight before, but damn was he good. If Youngjae could describe it was the hero in a video game beating up the bad guy with all sorts of combination and special moves that only a professional gamer would know. Every movement was fluid and purposeful. Unfortunately, the enemy seemed to be just as skilled as the two of them seemed to exchange blows in such a fast heavy pace that Youngjae simply could not keep up.

“Youngjae, get out of here now!” Daehyun ordered, his eyes cold and steely. It sent shivers down Youngjae’s spine. Daehyun had not thought that this fight was going to get this out of control. He expected even less that he would meet such a skill fighter. But he should have known better. He had been careless and let his guard down because he had too much fun teasing the younger. He was disappointed at himself. 

“But-but-” All Youngjae could do would stutter as he still couldn’t understand the danger he was in. 

“Youngjae leave n-!” Youngjae gasped in horror as he saw Daehyun fall back, gripping his jaw. In Daehyun’s distraction, the attacker landed a loud blow to Daehyun’s face, causing the bodyguard to stumble back. Daehyun gripped his jaw and glared on the attacker. 

 “Ah-ah, distractions will get you killed, Daehyun-ssi. I thought John taught you better than that.” Daehyun’s eyes grew icy cold, and his body tensed. Daehyun stood himself up, his hands gripped into a fist as he adjusted his jaw, spitting out the blood from his cut lip. 

“Youngjae leave,” Youngjae didn’t even have time to respond as he saw Daehyun stare down at the younger. Youngjae had never seen that look on Daehyun before. It was so cold and so distant. It was if Daehyun had become a stranger. The only spark in his eyes was that of wrath and fury. Daehyun must have noticed the younger tremble in fear through his cold demeanor because his expression immediately softened. “I’ll meet you outside the club soon, kay?” Daehyun smiled slightly at Youngjae. Zelo and Himchan soon caught up with Youngjae, concern obvious in their eyes. “Don’t worry about me. After all I’m trained for this.” Daehyun gently tapped Youngjae’s forehead a small comforting smile on his face until he suddenly pushed Youngjae out of the way. A small grunt left Daehyun’s lips as he blocked his attacker’s kick to the face.

“Again, the distraction, Daehyun-ssi. It seems you have gotten soft since you’ve become domesticated.” The attacker smirked, positioned himself in a boxer’s stance to prepare for the next attack.

“Come on Youngjae, we got to go!” Himchan shouted, shuffling the girls out of the club. Youngjae was hesitant, biting his lip as Daehyun duke it out with the attacker. Youngjae had never seen Daehyun so affected by another person’s words. A thousand thoughts swirled through his head. Who was this John that affected Daehyun so much that it changed the guards warm playful demeanor into that of a cold hearted fighter. Or was it that 

Youngjae took a deep breathe. He had to leave like Daehyun asked. The guard couldn’t defend himself from a skilled attacker while protecting Youngjae. He had to leave for Daehyun’s sake. “Let’s go. Don’t worry, we’ll help you.” Youngjae smiled sweetly at the young women who clung to the sleeve of his shirt. 


The boys managed to get the group of girls who were being hassled out of the club. Himchan groaned, scratching the back of his head. This always ing happened. “Why is it that everytime I hang out with tweedle dumb,” Himchan gestured to Zelo. “and tweedle princess all hell breaks loose.” Couldn’t the diva just have one night of peaceful fun?

“If I’m tweedle dumb, what the hell are you then?” Zelo frowned.

“I’m the ing queen of hearts, ,” Himchan sneered, rubbing his forehead. He could feel a migraine coming on. “Hey Youngjae…..YOUNGJAE!” Youngjae jumped, startled at the loudness of Himchan’s voice. “You okay? You’re like spacing out…”

“I’m fine…” Youngjae glanced back at the club. It had only been a few minutes since they got out, but Daehyun had yet to follow. Daehyun was strong, but what if...Youngjae was reluctnat to let that thought come into fruition. 

“Um excuse me?” Youngjae turned surprised to see the brunette he saw earlier tug on his sleeve. She had a light brown hair that was cut into a soft bob, her clothes not necessarily appropriate with a club. It was a simple conservative dress and a cardigan. Definitely not club attire. She looked more like a soft mushroom. Or a toy poodle. “I’m sorry you and your friends got involved...I don’t usually go clubbing so I don’t really know how to really handle creeps like that…” She fiddled with her fingers, her cheeks red from embarrassment. Yep, definitely a poodle. 

“I-It’s not problem…” Youngjae got shy. She was exactly Youngjae’s type. Sweet, soft, and cute. He would not have thought he would find a person like that at the club. 

“I-If it isn’t too much trouble could I get your name and number?” She must have realized how her sentence sounded cause her cheeks burned ruby red as she frantically waved her hands erratically. “I-It’s not what you think! I mean- I just wanted to thank you for saving us and-”  Youngjae chuckled at her antics. 

“I’m Youngjae.” Youngjae pulled out his wallet and handed her his business card. 

“Oh!” She took the card gingerly in her hand. “I’m Somi.” She smiled sweetly. Youngjae was so lost in the moment he nearly forgot something important. Daehyun wasn’t here yet. 

“I’m so sorry! I have to go, my friend is still-”

“Go check on him Youngjae, we’ll make sure these girls get home.” Zelo gave Youngjae thumbs up. Youngjae nodded and smiled before running back into the club.

Going back into the club was like going back into an angry mob. People were still erratically throwing themselves at each other. Shrieks and shouts could be heard. Youngjae was pushed and shoved around as he tried his best to weave through the crowd without getting punched. He searched the crowd, trying to find any hint of Daehyun, but with a bunch of guys throwing punches at each other and throwing each other on a ground. It was harder than finding Himchan in his own damn closet. 

“Daehyun!” Youngjae shouted, hoping to find the other. Youngjae shuddered at the thought that Daehyun was seriously injured. It couldn’t be. Daehyun was such a skilled fighter like freaking Ryu from street fighter. There was no way he could get hurt...but then the other guy was really good too. So good that he managed to punch Daehyun in the face. And the guy knew Daehyun too. Youngjae’s heart beated out of his chest as anxiety and panic filled his mind. “Dae-” Youngjae let out a gasp for air as he felt a thick arm wrap around his neck.

“Now, now, if you scream it will only things more painful.” The man holding Youngjae in a chokehold chuckled, his warm breath fanning Youngjae’s ear. Youngjae desperately tried to in some air as the grip around his neck tighten. His body squirmed as he desperately clawed at the man’s arm. 

“D-Dae…” Youngjae attempted to desperately choke out as he was losing air and consciousness. Small tears were beginning to form in his eyes. He was scared. He was genuinely scared. His vision going dark and his heart beating out of his chest. Memories. The ones he wanted to forget were crawling back as the darkness encroached him. But just like back then, he was helpless, held under the grasp of someone stronger than him no matter how much he thrashed or attempted to scream. He was going to die. And for no reason. Just some ed up stranger getting his choke kink on. 

“Daehyun isn’t going to save you, kid,” The man let out a small sigh. “It’s kinda unfortunate you gotta die so young, but oh well. You can’t choose what family you’re born in.” Family? The word echoed through Youngjae’s hazy mind. Did his family have something to do with this? Youngjae tried so hard to deduce the sliver of a clue, but his mind was slipping into the darkness. 

“Dae….”

“Youngjae!” Suddenly Youngjae’s airways were set free and he slumped down towards to the ground, only to be enveloped into a warm embrace. “Youngjae wake up!” Youngjae took in a quick gasp of air and his eyes fluttered opened to see Daehyun staring down at him in panic. Youngjae trembled in the man’s grasp as he glanced down to see his attacker laid down on the ground unconscious. Youngjae looked up at Daehyun with watery eyes and quickly gripped his arms around the elder. Daehyun was shocked by the sudden embrace. He looked down seeing Youngjae grip onto Daehyun for dear life, his face hidden away in the crook of Daehyun’s neck. Daehyun hesitantly wrapped Youngjae in a warm hug to comfort him. 

“Y-you found me…” Youngjae gripped Daehyun’s shirt tightly.

“I found you…”


“Stop looking like you have intense constipation,” Youngjae frowned slightly as he placed a cup of ice cream in front of Daehyun. “I didn’t tell you to take me to ice cream to frown at it.” Youngjae took a bite of his green tea ice cream, sighing as Daehyun still glared at the sweet treat.

Youngjae was attacked. Almost choked to death. On Daehyun’s watch. The thought nearly made Daehyun throw-up. He was to protect the younger, yet he let Youngjae get hurt. He still remembered how the younger clung on to him, trembling in his arms. Youngjae kept murmuring something. ‘He’s gone…’ ‘He can’t get me…’ Daehyun didn’t understand the meaning of Youngjae’s words. Who was this he? And what did he do to the younger? 

“!” Daehyun hissed when he felt a sudden chill on his nose. Apparently through his deep contemplation, Youngjae had thought it would have been funny to stick spoonful of Daehyun’s ice cream on Daehyun’s nose.

“You weren't listening to me,” Youngjae shrugged as Daehyun looked at him incredulously. “I told you that you shouldn’t beat yourself up about this. I’m fine aren’t I? Look I’m even enjoying a cup of ice cream unlike a certain snail.”

Daehyun would have to admit that Youngjae’s ability to bounce back was incredible. Act like everything okay, despite having obvious red and puffy eyes. The younger was insistent that it was because of allergies, but when Daehyun had asked what he was allergic to Youngjae had replied with ‘people.’ Perhaps it was Youngjae’s innocence that allowed him such resilience. His purity that didn’t let him understand the gravity of the situation. 

“Youngjae! What happened? You look like hell?” Himchan ran over to the two boys in a frenzied panic. Cause who the hell tried to with his Jaebaby!? Himchan was about to go castration on that person’s . 

“Hyung, you alright?” Zelo eyed that Youngjae was holding onto Daehyun’s hand. It looked like a child clinging onto a parent’s hand. He noted the serious and solemn look on Daehyun’s face. Something had to have happened in there.

“We should take Youngjae to a hospital…” Daehyun merely stated. His voice hollow like the air.

“Hospital!? The happened in there!?” Himchan was becoming delirious because no one was answering his questions. “Weren’t you supposed to protect him!?” Himchan hissed at Daehyun, giving the guard a pointed glare. “Youngjae, say something!” 

Youngjae merely frowned and sniffled a bit. “I want ice cream.” Daehyun looked at Youngjae surprised. 

“What!?” Himchan looked equally surprised and confused as Daehyun. 

“ I want ice cream.” Youngjae merely repeated, his cheeks puffed out in a pout.

“You almost got seriously hurt.” Daehyun stated, his voice hallow. He was a damn professional yet his carelessness almost cost Youngjae his life. Daehyun got too comfortable. He let his guard down. He was distracted. He should quickly pushed the attacker aside and got Youngjae out of there himself. But the moment he heard the other say ‘John’ Daehyun had went into a narrow minded rage. He became hellbent on beating the other and found out as much as he can. Daehyun at least didn’t leave that fight empty handed.

“But I didn’t,” Youngjae sighed, resting one cheek in one had as he swirled the plastic spoon in his mouth. “Here, I can’t talk with you seriously with cheesecake ice cream all up on your schnoze,” Youngjae handed the elder a napkin. “It’s not like this hasn’t happened before…” Youngjae murmured, chewing in the object in his mouth. “This isn’t the first time I’ve almost been killed…” Daehyun scrunched his face examining Youngjae’s face to see if there was some falseness in the younger’s words. Like the younger was just trying to comfort him to make him feel better. No such luck. 
“When I was younger…maybe 7 or 8? My mom was really busy and Miwha was out sick. It was my first time being home alone, but I thought it was okay since it was only for the night and I’d go to sleep anyways,” Youngjae brought his hand to his mouth, chewing on his nails as he recalled the memory. He didn’t know why he felt compelled to Daehyun about this. In a freaking Baskin Robbins of all places. Probably it was because he felt bad seeing the elder so upset and affected by his mishap. Youngjae had never thought Daehyun would ever feel defeated, his eyes were blank and the color in his face fell. Youngjae just wanted to provide some form of comfort towards the elder. He would rather deal with a cocky, badass Daehyun than a mopey kicked puppy one. “I heard the door to my house unlock so I went to check it out…”

The hallways were like a endless stream of darkness. Youngjae held his breath clutching his teddy as he warily wandered down the hall towards the staircase. He was terrified out of his child mind, but his curiosity was getting the better of him. Maybe mom was home early? The gleeful thought pushed Youngjae to travel further into the darkness. Maybe she could read him a bedtime story?

“Mommy?” Youngjae squealed at the sound of things crashing and tumbling on the ground. Youngjae peeked down the staircase only to see a pair of dark eyes staring back at him. The figure was tall, the face obscured by a ski mask. An object gleaming in its right hand. Youngjae’s heart was beating erratically against his chest. It wasn’t mother.

Youngjae’s first instinct was to run so that’s what he did. Screaming and shouting for anyone. For anybody to be in the house to save him as the figure chased after him. Youngjae managed to make it into his room and lock the door. Little Youngjae tumbled and crawled to hide on the other side of the bed, clutching his teddy. Tears pooled in his eyes. Beads of fear dribbling down his plush cheeks as the door handle rattled angrily. Youngjae jumped when he heard the door kicked open. He had already wet himself and was trembling like a madman.

Youngjae let out a blood curdling scream as the figure appeared beside him. The figure grabbed onto Youngjae by the throat. Its shiny object, a hunter’s knife placed on Youngjae’s throat. Youngjae wiggled, gasped, and sobbed for help. For mercy. 

Daehyun stared at Youngjae, shock evident on his face. His usual stoic heart cracking a bit. Youngjae was just a child yet he went through this trauma. Live through something that no child should. The thought conjured memories of Daehyun’s missions abroad. The destitute towns where children had experience horrors that even Daehyun would not want to account. 

“I was fortunate that Miwha came to check up on me. She managed to find me in time before the guy could cut my throat…Apparently he was a burgler...” Youngjae stuck his spoon back in his ice cream. “That's why I’m not a big fan of the dark….or sleep actuality. The alcohol helps. Sometimes working or partying till I’m exhausted works too. Sooo if you’re worried about me being traumatized. I’ve already beaten you to it.” Youngjae scoffed.

“I’m not going to let anything like that happen to you again.” Daehyun gripped his hands tightly.

“Good,” Youngjae smiled. “Cause if not then you’re not the OP bodyguard I thought you were,” Youngjae chuckled. “you should tell your boss to train yall not to have a stick up your . ‘I couldn’t protect you,’” Youngjae teased, mimicking Daehyun’s deep voice and stoic robot face. Daehyun scoffed at Youngjae’ reenactment.

“I’ll make sure he knows.” Daehyun rolled his eyes. 

 “This isn’t some k-drama, no need to be so serious. Besides,” Youngjae smirked. “You came back and saved me like the knight in shining you are. So don't worry, your hero complex is still intact super snail.” Youngjae chuckled. His eyes turning into smile crescents and his baby cheeks prominent as he laughed.

 Daehyun smiled softened, his heart clenching. He was determined more so than ever. No one was going to hurt Youngjae. No one was going to take that smile. No one was going to make him scared again. Daehyun reached out towards Youngjae. The younger freezed his laughter as he saw Daehyun’s hand approached him. The strange fuzzy feeling Youngjae was conjuring up again, in fear that Daehyun might do something funny again.

“Then you must be my baby chick Lois Lane?” Daehyun playfully pinched Youngjae’s cheek. Youngjae cheeks turned a peachy red as his feathers were ruffled. The stupid fuzzy feeling growing more so than when Daehyun kissed him on the forehead.

“I’m ing Batman, you oaf!” Youngjae swatted Daehyun’s hand away. “Now eat your ice cream soup, peasant.” Youngjae sneered.

“Drama queen.”

“Rock face.”

“Spoiled baby.”

“Aual snail.”

“Adorable chicklet.”

“W-what!?” Youngjae dropped his spoon, his mouth agape as melted ice cream dribbled in the table. Did Youngjae hear the elder correctly?

“Nothing~” Daehyun playfully singsonged, watching the younger throw a hissy fit.

“Repeat what you said.” Youngjae demanded.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Daehyun chuckled, a melody that Youngjae had grown fond of.

“Uuuuhhgg, nevermind what I said. Feel guilty for almost letting me die you mollusk.” 


Thanks for reading! Comments, questions and critiques are welcomed!

Wowza! Sorry this took too long! But schools almost ending on my part and there is so much I need to do cause darlings...I'M ABOUT TO GRADUATE! Four years of terror and heartache and now I'm freeeeeeeee (to head into more heartache and pain...but that's a story for another time). Okay, besides that, Jaejae and Daedae are growing closer~ The drama and up and dundunduuuuuuuuun! Drama increas equates to more relationship progress mehehehe >w< I hope y'all look forward to it.