Round 1: Baby Chick Vs. Snail. Who wins?

My Pet Guard Snail

“Aaaagggghhhh, he’s such stupid jerk! It’s like I’m practically on house arrest!” Youngjae groaned as he rolled around his bed, his laptop bouncing up and down softly.  

“If this bodyguard of yours is so annoying to you why don’t you just get rid of him?” Himchan sighed, his hair was pushed back by a bright pink headband while his face was covered in a sugar mask.

“You should be a master at that, hyung,” Zelo snickered as he spun around his swivel chair. The youngest was sitting in the studio of his company dressed in a warm black hoodie and beanie. “What was it that you used last time? Ah, you called the guy pretending to be his girlfriend that threaten to call the wife if he didn’t come down to where she lived?”

“You forgot the part where our Jaebaby sprinkled in that extra little lie that the girlfriend was pregnant?” Himchan snickered. He had never seen a human being run so fast and get on a plan till that happened. Well, hell hath no fury than two women who may kill you for you cheating . 

“It worked didn’t it?” Youngjae rolled his eyes, his lips falling into a small pout. “But I’ve tried everything! That damn rock won’t budge!” Youngjae frown grew bigger the more he thought of the stupid guard that was probably standing outside his door right now. Did the man not even piss!? “I’ve used all my sources and hacked all that I could hack and I still couldn’t find a thing!” Youngjae grabbed a pillow tight and squeezed, probably imagining it was the neck of a certain bodyguard. 

“Nice to know you’re using your powers for good.” Himchan scoffed, leaving the screen for a moment to go wash the sugar mask off. 

“He really must be a snail living under a rock for me not to find any info on him!” Youngjae sneered. He would not admit defeat. He would rather die or eat one of Zelo’s cooking before he’d let the elder win. 

He just needed to figure a way to defeat him. If Youngjae was the hero of the game, just about to grab the treasure, Daehyun was the villain blocking his path. He had tried everything. Bribing had failed. Begging his mother had failed. Threatening to ruin his reputation didn’t work. He had once again attempted to be a master escape artist. Yeah, that was definitely not his calling. 

“Almost there…” Youngjae snickered, he had finally outsmarted the elder. He had managed to trick Daehyun into leaving him alone for 10 minutes. He had asked the elder to go grab some paperwork he had left downstairs in his study while he dealt with the paperwork he had up here. The bodyguard obviously raised a brow at the younger’s sudden request. He hadn’t budged, still firmly keeping his stubborn in front of Youngjae’s door. It wasn’t until Youngjae groaned that he was actually trying to get work done and the stickin bodyguard should be happy since he was actually doing work on a Saturday instead of going out and partying. Daehyun still eyed the younger skeptical, but complied and went down the stairs to go get whatever paperwork Youngjae required. Who would have thought acting productive would come in handy? “Rooftop pool party here I come!” Youngjae puffed up his chest proud as he reached for the final branch that took him over his home’s gates. 

Once Youngjae made it on the other side, he tossed his bag down. He heard the bag smack against some branches, leaves rustling, before landing on the ground with a plop. Youngjae let out a sigh of relief. Who said going out and having fun isn't hard work. That jerkface should live in Youngjae’s shoes for a day. Youngjae grinned victoriously, sticking out his tongue in the direction of his room as one last defiant act before dropping down. Youngjae closed his eyes and gently jumped down, letting gravity do all the work. He had expected to land on his feet with a nice plop, or if not his with a cursing thud. Instead he was meant with the sound of a light plop. Youngjae raised a brow, slightly confused and his eyes still closed. 

“Maybe if you flap your wings harder, you’ll actually fly.” Youngjae’s eyes shot open at an unneeded snort for a certain Busan guard. Youngjae looked around to find him being held princess style in the arms of his muscular guard. His chocolate doe eyes stared up to see Daehyun’s eyes. Despite the firm expression he maintained, the corner of his lip was lifted with a small twitch and the was a sparkle of amusement eyes. Honestly, if Youngjae didn’t dislike the man so much he would admit to the guy was objectively handsome. But the enemy doesn’t deserve compliments. Even if they were true. 

“Uhg! Just let me go already! It’s Saturday and I’ve got a party to get to!” Youngjae whined as Daehyun was basically carrying back into the house. Though usually he would flail and squirm in the elder’s hold, he had tuckered himself climbing the tree to escape so he didn’t feel like walking. In actuality, however, with how many escapes he had attempted, Youngjae was actually getting used to being carried like this. He would never admit it, though. 

Daehyun had ignored all of Youngjae’s whining and pouting, plopping the younger man onto a black leather chair in the study. “I’ve looked over your paperwork and it seems you have a lot of things to catch up. Level development, character design approvals, program coding. Seems like you’re behind on work.” Daehyun dropped down the stack of Youngjae’s paperwork that he had planned to do Sunday….night. Youngjae was planning to do an all nighter. 

“UHG! I can do this tomorrow! Can’t you let me have some fun today? You’re a bodyguard not a nanny!” Youngjae groaned, resting his chin on the stack of papers. 

“I’m in charge of protecting you, in both mind and body,” Daehyun sighed. “And you staying up all night the next day to catch up on your work is not good for either your mind or body.” 

“He’s like an overbearing mother…” Youngjae scratched his head vigorously.

“God, I really need to meet this guy. The one and only man to get our little Jaebaby this frazzled and frustrated.” Himchan chuckled, his skin now all shiny and smooth after the face mask.

“He must look like an ogre or something.” Zelo teased, making little horns on his head using his fingers. 

Youngjae rolled his eyes. If only they knew. If Daehyun was ugly as hell at least Youngjae could use that against the guard dog, but oh no, the man had to look like the living breathing adonis. It wasn’t fair that the man was that good looking. It wasn’t that Youngjae was jealous. Far from it. He knew he was cute and handsome, but his handsome was different than Daehyun’s. While Daehyun’s was the stereotypical manly macho, tough guy, Youngjae was a pretty boy. It was just infuriating that the man could turn heads, even Youngjae who would swear up and down that he was straight like an metal bar. Admiring and admitting the others looks made Youngjae feel as if he was admitting defeat. 

“I even tried to fight him,” Youngjae mumbled, causing both Zelo and Himchan to nearly fall out of their chair laughing their asses off. “Hey! I’m a decent fighter! I took Muay Thai before!” Youngjae hissed. 

“Uh-huh, Uh-huh,” Himchan was wiping away a tear of laughter. “And how did this fight turn out?” Youngjae’s eyes went wide for a moment before puffing out one side of his cheek, avoiding eye contact with the two boys on his laptop. And again the sound of chortles and heaves filled the room. 

“You and me. We’re gonna deal with this like men,” Youngjae stood proudly, hands on hips, in front of Daehyun. The bodyguard was sitting in the living room, a newspaper and coffee in hand as he raised an amused brow. “If I beat you, then you’ll quit. No questions asked.” 

“And if I win?” Daehyun suppressed the smirk that wanted to peer through his steely facade. 

“Then...uh...then…” Youngjae looked around frantically trying to figure out something he could offer up as a prize. “Then nothing! You’re my hired bodyguard so you don’t need a reward for keeping your job.” Youngjae huffed and puffed out his chest like he had outsmarted the elder.

Daehyun scoffed at the ridiculousness of the younger, but complied nonetheless. The two of them walked to the vast backyard, picking a spot of plush grass as their battleground. “Just to let you know, I’m not liable if you get injured.” Daehyun began rolling up his sleeves, revealing his thick arms and was that a tattoo? Youngjae gulped slightly, for some reason his heartbeat increased ten fold. Youngjae shook the thought away, it was the nerves. Just cause the other was beefy doesn’t mean that Youngjae couldn’t beat him. 

“Hah! The only one that’s gonna get hurt is you!” 

Youngjae lunged at Daehyun, attempting a roundhouse kick only to have it easily blocked Daehyun. The bodyguard glided smoothly as he hit the side of Youngjae’s knee with the palm of his hand, throwing Youngjae off balance and stumbling back. Youngjae glared, not ready to admit defeat. Especially when the other had that cocky smirk on his face that Youngjae just wanted to punch. Youngjae growled, and began throwing punches. Left, right, uppercut. All of them blocked or deflected as if they were an annoying fly buzzing around. Daehyun simply tilted his head to the side, that annoying sideways grin on his face. Testing Youngjae as if that was all he got. 

Not a bead of sweat was dripping on the man, while Youngjae was a heaving sweaty mess. Youngjae glared. Throwing all caution to the wind he had decided to throw all his weight and fist straight towards Daehyun. Daehyun simply dodged the punch, stepping to the side and grabbing the younger’s wrist as he used his leg to trip Youngjae by the ankle. Youngjae let out a yelp as he tumbled onto the grass. He closed his eyes from the sudden, impact. His nose scrunched up in slight pain. He had expected the hot sun to be beating down on him, making his vision even more impaired, but instead he was greeted by the nice coolness of the shade. 

Youngjae eyes fluttered open only to see dark chocolate brown ones staring right back at him. His hands were pinned above his head and his chest was rising and falling heavily from all the lunging and punching. Daehyun was still hovering over him, one leg in between Youngjae’s legs and the other on the outside. The two merely stared at each other for a moment, Youngjae not registering what had happened at the moment. Daehyun just stared down at the younger, noticing how Youngjae was fidgeting, apparently uncomfortable by Daehyun’s intense stare. 

“I win.” Daehyun simply stated before he let out an amused snort and removing himself from Youngjae. The younger’s face turning a bright fire red before sputtering incoherent words? Insults? Probably a mixture of both before running back into the house. 

“Hmmm, so what I’ve gathered here is that you’ve tried money, you’ve tried threats, you’ve tried escaping, hell you even thought you could beat him up with your scrawny-” Youngjae coughed and glared at Himchan’s words. “Excuse me, I mean lean, muscular physique,” Himchan rolled his eyes. “And he still hasn’t budged. Why don’t you try another method?”

“I’ve tried all the methods, Himchan! What should I do!? Poison him?” 

“Aegyo it.” Zelo replied nonchalantly. Youngjae stared at him horrified while Himchan nodded, agreeing with the youngest.

“Excuse me?” Youngjae wanted to pretend he didn’t hear the younger correctly. 

“Aegyo it. Try being cute and maybe convince him to be more lenient on you. Ya know seduce him.” Zelo rested his chin on the back of his chair, speaking as if this was as mundane of a task as washing the dishes. 

“I can’t believe those words are coming out of the mouth of a fetus,” Youngjae leaned back exasperated and shocked. “What do you have to say about that, Mama Channie.”

“I have no words right now…” Himchan shook his head in dismay, his forehead waiting in the palm of his head. “But he’s not wrong, Jaebaby. If you can’t fight em, seduce em. Try a new method it might actually work.” 

“Uhg at the cost of my pride and dignity!?” 

“You get carried like a princess every time you get caught escaping and you got your whooped. What pride and dignity are you speaking of?” Zelo raised a brow, a teasing smirk on his lips. Youngjae growled, giving the younger the finger.

“I don’t even know where to begin! I’ve never seduce a guy before! It’s seems that you’ve forgotten that I’m straight! And that macho man on the other side of my bedroom door is probably straight too!” Youngjae threw his hands in the air at the audacious suggestion both his friends devised. 

“A metal bar is straight until you heat it up enough,” Himchan singsonged. “Come one, what’s it gonna hurt to try? And guess what, if you succeed then you can go back to having the time of your life aaaaannndddd if he tries any funny business you can fire him.” Youngjae’s lips formed a tightline. The elder did have a point.



Daehyun let out an bemused scoff as he heard the younger flail around and yell something along the lines of ‘his pride and dignity.’ He took a sip of his coffee as he walked down the hall to the study. It wasn’t like Daehyun could just stand in front of Youngjae’s door all day. He was a very busy man with work to do and lives on the line. As long as Youngjae believed that Daehyun was right outside his door, the younger would be wary of doing something stupid. That was enough for Daehyun, plus he could always check on his laptop if the younger decided to do some nightly escapades. 

Daehyun rolled up the sleeves of his now pink button up, courtesy of Youngjae’s attempts to shoo Daehyun away. The younger seemed to be running out of ideas. Daehyun couldn’t help bet a short chuckle at the thought. Though Daehyun did not approve of the younger’s life choices, he would be lying if he said if he wasn’t even a little bit entertained at the younger’s antics. Daehyun had fully expected a spoiled brat that would throw fits and be helpless whine and complain. Well, Youngjae was partially that, but at least he had the guts to try to escape and retaliate. It was tiring and a nuisance for Daehyun, but it did relieve him of his boredom. Something he deserved since he did not necessarily want the case. He was busy trying to maintain the other men and women under his watch, making sure they come home safe and sound to their families and loved ones. This was why Daehyun didn’t take to field work anymore. 

“Hey…” Daehyun looked up from his computer to see the young man, who had become his new passing plaything, peek through the crack of the door. Daehyun sat back against the leather chair, waiting to see what the younger had up his sleeve this time. 

“Did you need something, Mr. Yoo?” Daehyun crossed his arm in front of his chest.

“Um your shirt looks nice…” Youngjae began fidget as he entered the study. The man was never good at the whole nicety thing. Especially when it came to someone he wasn’t very fond of. 

“I wonder who I should thank for that,” Daehyun raised a brow. Youngjae slightly looked away for a moment, a scowl on his lips as he muttered something along the line of ‘petty bastard.’ “I’m asking again, Mr. Yoo. Do you require something? Or else I am going back to-”

“My friends and I want to go on a drive!” 

“And where will this drive be taking you?” 

“Um...you know around,” Youngjae looked away, but he could feel Daehyun’s stare piercing through him. Daehyun merely let out a soft sigh as he typed away on his computer. “Come one, pleeeeaaassseeee….” Tactic one: Whining. Youngjae puffed out his plush cheeks, showing off his pouty lips. The elder’s eyes was still glued to his computer. Tactic two: Cute talk. Youngjae cleared his throat, preparing himself for the baby voice he was going to attempt. “Pwease! I promise I’ll be a good boy and be home before 3 am,” Daehyun looked up from his laptop, stone faced. “Um...1 am?” Daehyun once again shook his head before going back to work. Youngjae internally cringed. He didn’t want to do the last tactic, but he was desperate. There was this late night street race that Himchan and Zelo heard about and Youngjae was just dying to go. Final Resort: Clinginess. “Come on,” Youngjae felt goosebumps on his skin as he approached the bodyguard, leaned down, and wrapped his arms around the bodyguard’s. “I’ve worked really hard and I deserve a reward don’t I?” Youngjae looked up at Daehyun with bright puppy eyes and a puppy pout. No one could resist that, not even his mother. 

“You want a reward?” Daehyun tilted his head. Youngjae naively replied by rapidly nodding his head in agreement. Daehyun smirked, lightly gripping Youngjae’s chin. Youngjae’s eyes went wide, startled by the sudden touch. Daehyun gently brushed his thumb against Youngjae’s sausage lips. Youngjae was in panic mode, frozen at the sudden affection of the other. His heart was beating out of his chest. He wanted to move out of the way, scream something, but he was a frozen deer in the headlights. He just kept staring into the deep intense eyes of the other. “Here.” Suddenly the taste of sugary sweetness penetrate his mouth.

“Whaut ish thi (What is this?)” Youngjae scrunched his face in confusion. 

“A mango lollipop,” Daehyun waved off nonchalantly. Youngjae glared at the other. How dare he make a fool out of him!? Youngjae’s feathers were fluttered. “What? Were you expecting something else?” Daehyun had that cocky tilt of the lip. Youngjae’s eyes grew wide once more and his face turned bright red. Youngjae immediately stood up, cheeks flaring like a stop sign as he stomped out of the room. 

“NO WAY YOU STUPID SNAIL!” Youngjae stuck out his tongue before slamming the door. 

Daehyun let out a playful snort as he changed the tab on his window to that of the hallway. He watched as Youngjae stopped down the hall, throwing his hands in the air and shouting something. The baby chick was scratching his head vigoriously, kicking the metal rails of the staircase. Daehyun had to hold back a snort, trying to hold back his laugh when he saw the younger immediately regret kicking the railing. Youngjae immediately picking up his foot and soothingly rubbing it. Youngjae frowned, removing the lollipop from his mouth. He looked at it as if he was going to throw it in the ground in a fit of anger. Youngjae just glared at the sugar stick before shoving it back into his mouth and continuing his stomp into his bedroom. A funny little chick indeed. 



“I want to speak to the man in charge! I have a complaint!” Youngjae fumed. The receptionist stared at the man in panic and confusion. The young man glanced at Youngjae then to Daehyun who was standing behind the younger then back at Youngjae.

If Youngjae couldn’t scare Daehyun away then the man was going to nip the problem in the bud. By talking to the big man in charge. Perhaps with enough incentive (money) he would forcibly nullify Daehyun’s contract with his mother and Youngjae could go back to having his life! He was done with being productive and bland. He just wanted to have fun and enjoy the pleasures of his youth and wealth. Daehyun was impeding all of that with that good human being and citizen crap. The younger had demanded that Daehyun drove him to the bodyguard agency. The bodyguard surprisingly complied, smirking that cocky smirk of his, before grabbing his car keys. Youngjae was honestly dumbfounded by the other man’s actions. Youngjae hated how he couldn’t read him! 

It was a surprise to Youngjae though that Daehyun had belonged to this agency of all agencies. BAP. The biggest security agency in Korea. Their work ranged from simple bodyguard task, security, overseas protection, to even mercenary work when called for. And the clientele was off the charts. From laymen to idols to political figures. The company did it all. Youngjae wouldn’t have thought that Daehyun would have come from such an elite firm. He had honestly thought that the man came from rundown hobo of a building. Youngjae supposed he would admit that Daehyun had some skill. An . But a skilled nonetheless.

“Um..but sir….” The receptionist glanced at Daehyun again, confused as to what he should answer. Daehyun placed his finger against his lips signalling to the receptionist to keep mum. Daehyun did small subtle hand gestures, instructing the receptionist on what the next steps were. “Um, of course, let me see if he’s available,” The receptionist made a swift phone call, nodding his head a few times as he spoke with the man on the other line. “He will see you now.” The receptionist pointed to the direction of the elevators. 

“You’re calm for someone that’s about to get fired.” Youngjae scoffed, leaning back against the elevator wall. 

“It’s just cute that you think your attempts will actually bear fruit.” Daehyun stood formally, hands behind his back and his torso standing tall. 

“It will bear fruit and you’ll be outta my hair once in for all.” Youngjae huffed, sticking his tongue out at Daehyun.

“If you had simply focused your time on actually doing work and not drinking all hours of the night, then I wouldn't be here in the first place.” Daehyun rolled his eyes at the obvious solution to their predicament. 

“I do my work.” Youngjae’s eyes shot daggers at Daehyun. 

“Doing your work hungover is not proper work,” Daehyun shook his head in dismay.  “Your mother is already burdened with running the company, it would be best if you would lighten her load and not add to it.” 

“What relationship do you have with my mother anyway, huh? Are you trying to creep on my mom or something?” Youngjae’s face contorted into disgust at the mere thought. 

“I am a decent human being who cares for other human beings.” 

“You’re a decent pain in the ,” Youngjae growled, exiting the elevator as quickly as possible before entering what he assumed was the boss’s office. “Ahem.” 

“Ah, you must be Mr. Yoo.” A tall, lean yet muscular man approached. At first glance the man was in one word intimidating. His sharp eyes stared at Youngjae’s and the tattoos that were peeking out of the man’s white button up made him look even more like a gangster. If it weren’t for the peaceful looking gummy smile, Youngjae would feel a bit unnerved. After all, this guy must be skilled. A train killer to run a enterprise like this. 

“And you must be the boss.” The other man scrunched his eyebrows in slight confusion.

“I’m actually no-” The man made eye contact with Daehyun. Again Daehyun signalled the other to keep mum, telling the other man to play along. “-not expecting any guest today so what can I help you with, Mr Yoo.”

“Well Mr. boss-”

“Please just Yongguk.” Yongguk smiled awkwardly since he wasn’t the boss and his real boss was actually 3 feet away. 

“Okay, Yongguk,” Youngjae sighed, exasperated. He just wanted to get Daehyun out of his life, but the task was becoming more tiresome than he expected. “Anyways I want him,” Youngjae pointed at Daehyun, shooting the other a glare. “Gone.”

“Um, I don’t entirely understand what you mean…” Yongguk looked at Daehyun than back at Youngjae. When Daehyun had called him to watch over the company a few weeks ago he did not expect that he would have to deal with this uncomfortable situation. He had thought the other was merely doing a friend a quick favor. 

“I meeaaaannn, I want the contract that my mother made with your company with him to be nullified. Terminated. Gone. Bye bye nuisance.” Youngjae flashed a squishy grin at Daehyun waving his hand in farewell to Daehyun. 

Yongguk glanced at Daehyun as Youngjae was still staring up at him with sharp yet expectant eyes. It was odd how Youngjae managed to look pissed, but still be squishy as a baby bird. Daehyun shook his head and signalled for Yongguk to deny Youngjae’s request. Yongguk sighed, rubbing his forehead. Daehyun honestly felt sorry for his dear friend. The elder had not signed up to deal with this mess, but unfortunately the cards had fallen into his lap. 

“Sorry, Mr. Yoo, but we cannot terminate the contract.” Yongguk took a deep breathe. Both Daehyun and Yongguk usually didn’t deal with the clients. That was more of the receptionist’s job. Yongguk and Daehyun’s job was to make sure the company was running like a fine tuned machine and the guards were safe. 

“What? Why not!?” Youngjae began to steam up like a boiled crab. 

Yongguk grabbed some papers on the desk, flipping through them. “The clause in the contract states that it cannot be broken until the alloted time is over.” Yongguk scanned over the papers.

“How long will that be!?” Youngjae stared at the elder incredulously. The fear of the scary looking man out the window. Youngjae might be trapped with the stupid guard for the rest of his youth!

“It looks like the contract is valid for 8 months.”

“8 months!!!???” Youngjae flailed his arms in the air. “You can’t be serious!?” Youngjae clutched his head, pacing back and forth in the office. “Oh my holy jesus-AGGGHHHHH!” Youngjae vigorously scratched his head. “Don’t look so happy that you won, you smug ,” Youngjae pointed at Daehyun with a sharp glare. “This is only level one!” Youngjae stomped out the office, infuriated at his loss. Youngjae had loss the battle, but he had yet lost the war!

“Well...he’s a handful.” Yongguk chuckled as he saw Daehyun shake his head in dismay. 

“Tell me about it…” Daehyun stood beside Yongguk, the two men resting against Daehyun’s polished table. 

“Well, I didn’t know you were abdicating your throne to me.” Yongguk chuckled. 

“For now,” Daehyun snorted. “It makes life easier.”

“Why did you take this job again? I thought you didn’t want to do anymore fieldwork to give your brother a more stable life.” Yongguk raised a curious brow.

“It was under special request…” Daehyun threw his head back and he stared at the ceiling and closed his eyes for a moment.

“Wow, this person must hold some great power over you to make you do anything.” Yongguk let out a snort.

Daehyun opened one eye to glance at the other and scoffed at Yongguk. “She’s the reason me and my brother got to stay together,” Daehyun closed his eyes once more to get his thoughts together. “How is he by the way? I haven’t had the chance to read up on the updates.”

“For his first job? Pretty well,” Yongguk shook his head a small light laugh left his lips. “I still can’t believe we let the kid lose to the world. He’s too innocent for it, but he should be home soon, don’t worry about it darling brother,” Yongguk snickered as he gently lifted himself from the desk. “Anyways you should attend to your princess before he runs off and causes mischief.”

“Don’t remind me.” Daehyun rolled his eyes, giving Yongguk a friendly nudge before leaving the office.



“Took you long enough. I thought you went into a coma, but God apparently didn’t hear my prayers.” Youngjae tapped his foot, his hip swung to one side as he crossed his arms across his chest. Purse lips of annoyance evident on his face.

“I thought you would have run away.” Daehyun stuck his hands in his pocket, his strides long and confident. 

“I would have, but I don’t have the keys to the car,” Youngjae his heel, exiting the building. “Just for your information, just because I’m stuck with you doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

“Oh you’ve made that loud and clear.” Daehyun rolled his eyes. 

Youngjae glanced at his watch. “Drop me off at a cafe. I want to get a cup of coffee before going to a meeting. My mom wants me to go sit in on her meeting with the board. Uhg those old farts…” Youngjae grimaced. “All they try to do is peg my mother down just because she knows how to run a business while they all sit on there-” The sound of a speeding engine echoed in the parking lot. An SUV made a sharp turn as it sped down the lot straight at Youngjae. Youngjae couldn’t help but freeze at the sight of the speeding car coming towards him. His body not listening to his brain as it screamed for him to move the hell out of the way. 

“Watch out!” Youngjae felt an arm wrap around his waist and pull him close. A black SUV skidded right in front of Youngjae. Youngjae felt as if his heart was ripped out of his chest as the car barely hit him. Sweat dripped down his forehead and he could feel his body tremble a little. If he wasn’t pulled back. Youngjae slowly turned and watched as the car sped off then down on the concrete black top in front him. If he wasn’t pulled back he would have been splattered out on this blacktop. Youngjae swallowed thickly as his fear soon turned into a fiery rage.

“STUPID ASSHAT! PEOPLE ARE WALKING HERE!” Youngjae hissed, flipping off the car that was slowly disappearing from sight.

Daehyun glared intently at the car. A black Mazda CX-9 SUV. License plate: YWF201. The brand of vehicle was not one issued by his company. Daehyun then looked over towards where the car came from. It came from the guest parking entrance. Daehyun’s expression became dark. The engine was revved right before it came towards them. It was intentional. The question was now why? His thoughts ran back to Mrs. Yoo and how she couldn’t tell him her entire reasoning for hiring his services. Perhaps this was it. 

Youngjae looked at Daehyun for a moment, a cold shiver ran down his spine as he saw how cold and intent the other man’s expression was. He then glanced down at the thick arm wrapped around his slim waist. The way it was clutching him tight and pressing him against the other man. Youngjae felt his cheeks heat up. A mixture of emotions running through him. Mostly embarrassment. He was saved like a princess by the man he was suppose to get rid of. This entire situation basically proved that Daehyun was needed. 

“Let me go,” Youngjae wiggled in Daehyun’s grasp. The guard was pulled out of his thinking trance, his eyes wide for a moment before releasing the younger. “....Thank you…” Youngjae murmured. 

“Huh?” Daehyun was still out of it, his mind still contemplating on the car that almost mulled th boy over. 

“I said ‘thank you.’” Youngjae pouted, not wanting to look Daehyun in the eye.

“Wow….those were the last words I’d ever expect to hear from you.” Daehyun smirked. “Who’d have thought that you would have a cute side.” Daehyun teased, pressing his pointer finger against the other’s soft cheeks. Youngjae attempting to swat the other man’s hand away. 

“I’m not cute,” Youngjae frowned. “I’m just a tad grateful that you did your job and not let me die. At least I’m assured that my mom hires capable people,” Youngjae began walking towards the car. “That stupid almost hit me. Driving like he’s trying to kill someone…”

Daehyun hummed in agreement, not fully paying attention to Youngjae’s words as he turned back. He quickly glanced at Youngjae, seeing as how the younger was ranting about something. Daehyun quickly pulled out his phone and texted a message to Yongguk: Run this plate for me ASAP. YWF201. Send the findings to my email. Daehyun turned his attention back on Youngjae. Who would want to hurt him? The guy was simply your average everyday company heir. If anything he would be taken for ransom, not injured or dead. He guessed it was time that Mrs. Yoo provided him with some answers.


Thanks for reading! Comments and Critiques are super appreciated!

BAM! Chapter 2 here ready to rock and roll! Hahaha So I have to be honest with you dears. I am truly terrified about how this story is going. I don't know why but I feel the flow of this might be forced or like Youngjae is too spoiled/annoying? Uhg. I honestly don't know how to describe it. Let me know what you guys think hahaha. I honestly am exicited to get to the point when Daedae and Jaejae become all soft and squish with each other hahaha, but for now we gotta deal with a tough snaily snail and a short tempered chirping chick XD