My New Pet Guard Snail

My Pet Guard Snail

“Heeey! There is our pretty boy!” Himchan snickered as Youngjae weaved his way through the mass of sweaty, dancing people, flashing the elder the middle finger as he rolled his eyes. 

“We thought you weren’t going to show up.” Zelo snorted, sipping his beer as he leaned back against the dark blue velvet couch. 

“Well soooorrryy,” Youngjae rolled his eyes, plopping himself down on the couch beside Himchan and pouring himself a cup of bourbon. “Unlike you two I actually have a job.” He scoffed, rolling up the sleeves of his mint button-up. 

“Excuuuuuse me, me and Jello here got jobs.” Himchan leaned back in mock offence and crossed his arm. 

“I meant like a normal job. Being a fashion model and designer that jets sets around the world,” Youngjae gestures to Himchan with his glass in hand. “And a kpop idol rapper with his own fan mob,” Youngjae turns to the younger of the two. “Are not normal.”

“Like you’re normal. Mr. Heir-to-Yoo-Enterprises-and-Creative-Director-of-YooGames.” Zelo scoffed, looking back into the crowd of scantily dressed women and overly fashioned males. It was like he was seeing thousands of Himchans. Terrifying. 

“I’m not normal. I’m special.” Youngjae smirked, earning him a snort from the elder.

“Humble as always. You sure you should be out this late, Mr. Normal Job, don’t you have work tomorrow?” Himchan cocked a brow at the younger. 

“And when has that stopped me before?” Youngjae snorted, finishing up his drink and pouring another. 

“You’re lucky your mom owns the company, or else your would have been fired a long time ago.” Himchan snickered as Youngjae shrugged. He was born lucky, what was he to say?

“I do my job well, sober or hungover.” Youngjae quirked a brow as Himchan rolled his eyes.

“What was it that we used to say back when we were in college, ‘Work hard, party harder?’” Himchan snickered as he sat up, his bright red hair twinkling under the club lights and making him stand out like a damn stop sign. The youngest wasn’t any better with his platinum honey blonde hair with...two rings imbedded into a single braid? Youngjae simply sighed. He would never understand fashion. “Speaking of partying hard, let’s go dance! We didn’t come here to booze around like old men.” Himchan grabbed Youngjae’s arm pullin the younger up to his feet. 

“More like you saw some hot guys and now you wanna dance tongues with them.” Zelo made a fake gag noise as he also got up from his seat, hovering over the two with his giant height. Himchan always loathed how the younger was taller than him, despite the fact that he was the model. 

“God, I do not have enough booze in me to witness that,” Youngjae chugged down the rest of his bourbon as Zelo and him bursted into laughter. “Besides, I got my eyes set on other things…” Youngjae’s eyes lingered to the group of pretty girls dancing near the front, close to the DJ. 

“The one in the skin tight red dress?”  Damn, what I wouldn’t do to-” Zelo suddenly felt a hand smack the back of his head. “Wtf, Channie?” Zelo pouted, rubbing the back of his head. 

“I don’t wanna hear nasty thoughts coming out of a fetus.” Himchan sneered. 

“I meant the one next to the red dress.” Youngjae rolled his eyes at his two friends. Himchan and Zelo peered over to see what their chubby cheeked pretty boy was looking at. They scrunched their eyes trying to see this beautiful goddess that had caught Youngjae’s eye only to find a frumpy girl that looked very out of place at the club. 

“Her? Really?” Zelo raised a brow, questioning his hyung’s taste. It wasn’t that Zelo was vain….it was just that, he was shallow. 

“Our Jaebaby always have such strange taste. Parties like a playboy, but likes girls that look like they come straight from church.” Himchan teased, poking Youngjae’s cheek. Youngjae frowned, swatting Himchan’s hand away.

“I just don’t like it when people show too much skin okay…” Youngjae mumbled. A small blush on his cheeks. 

“Our little princess.” Himchan cooed.

“HIMCHAN!” Youngjae shrieked, his face redder than a cherry tomato.

“Awww, our Youngjae-hyung still has his precious flower intact.” Zelo snickered, earning him a ear pinch from Youngjae.

“And you don’t?” Himchan raised a brow.

“Who knows~” Zelo chuckled, yet hissed at the same time since Youngjae had his ear. 

“Oh my Himchan! Which pedo stole our fetus’s innocence!?” Himchan shrieked, fanning himself for more dramatism. 

“Dear Lordie, Himchan. I’m not like 12. I’ve had before, even the stuff with-”

“LALALALALALALALA!!” Himchan covered his ears not wanting to know how tainted the fetus was. 

“Okay,” Youngjae decided that now would be the best moment to intervene. “Let’s move on from the subject of the fetus’s tainted mind to partying the night away, come on!” Youngjae cheered as the alcohol was settling in. He had work tomorrow, figuring out the platform for the new RPG game they were developing, but he would just come late. Perks of being the boss (and the son of the owner). Right now, he just wanted to drink, party, dance, and live life as it was meant for him. F.U.N. Fun. 


“This is ing on cracker…” Youngjae grumbled, as he sat in the back of the ambulance and glaring daggers, or at least as best as he can with a black eye, at Himchan. “You just haaaaad to go and pick a fight with that guy…” Youngjae hissed as the paramedic attached a splint to his fractured elbow, a prize won when he was pushed into a metal table and fell over trying to separate Himchan from the fight.

“The limp thought I was hitting on his girlfriend! Getting all up in my face with all that stupid male ego crap.” Himchan grimaced and winced once one of the paramedics placed a bandage over the cut on Himchan’s arm.

“That didn’t mean you should grab his crotch!” Zelo hollered. The paramedic was elevating Zelo’s ankle since the younger had rolled it trying to pull Himchan away from the angry boyfriend, earning him a bruise on the cheek as his reward for being a good friend and hero. God, how was he supposed to explain this to his company. 

“I was just politely letting him know that I’m more interested in his than his girl’s .” Himchan pouted.

“‘Politely,’” Youngjae rolled his eyes than cringed in pain, he had not thought that one through. “What if the press hears about this!? God, my mother is gonna-”

“I’ve taken care of the press already. You boys don’t have to worry…” Youngjae winced at the familiar voice approaching. A woman in her early 50’s approached them, but she didn’t look a year past 30. Her dark jet black hair rested gently on her shoulders, her cat like eyes staring at the group of boys with a mixture of emotions, mostly disappointment. She looked nearly identical to her son before he had dyed his hair a dark brown. 

“Hi Momma Yoo.” Himchan awkwardly waved his hand at the woman, Zelo repeating the same action with a sheepish grin. The woman sighed, crossing her arms. 

“Do you boys need a ride back to your place?” She asked, her voice soft and tired from a long day of work. 

“No thank you, Momma Yoo. I’ll just call my assistant to-” Himchan pulled out his phone finding it partially crushed from when he fell during the struggle.

“I’ll call my manager to drive us home.” Zelo piped up. He would rather be scolded by his manager than be part of the most awkwardest conversation ever.

“Okay,” A small smile graced her dark red lips. “You boys be safe and call me when you get back home,” Himchan and Zelo nodded in unison. “Youngjae,” The boy jolted at the sound of his name. “Let’s go home.” She her LV heel in the direction of a black mercedes. Youngjae cautiously looked back at Himchan and Zelo, who simply mouthed ‘good luck.’ What amazing friends they were. 

The car ride was more or less awkward. His mom refused to look at him as they were driving back home, even their driver could sense the awkward atmosphere. He knew he ed up. His mom was a busy woman and the last thing she would want on top of her work was to deal with the press and cops. Youngjae stared at his hands, twiddling his thumbs and glancing every so often at his mother. He didn’t like seeing his mother upset, especially if it was his fault. He already wasn’t a great son, going out all night and coming back home 80% of the time drunk, but he loved his mom and he knew exactly how to get her to forgive him. 

“Moooom,” Youngjae scooted closer to his mom, a small pout on his face. Aegyo time.”I’m sorry. I know I was stupid…” His mother turned her face to look out the tinted window. “Moooom~” Youngjae whined, resting his chin on her shoulder. She glanced at him before darting her eyes back at the window. She was cracking. “It’s my bad, please don’t be mad. You’ll get more wrinkles if you keep frowning.”

“Better wrinkles than a black eye,” She sighed caving in and looking at Youngjae. “God, look at what you did to yourself you silly child,” She gently lifted Youngjae’s face to get a better look at his black eye. “Do you want your mother to die early from stress?” 

“Of course not! What would I do without my mom!” Youngjae wrapped himself around his mother’s arm. 

“Then would you please behave, my manipulative child.” Momma Yoo booped Youngjae’s nose, knowing her son’s kiss up act. 

“I do! Just sometimes stupid people just cause a ruckus and-”

“Youngjae,” Mrs. Yoo looked at her son with sad eyes. “You know how dangerous it is out there. I really wished you would be good and not go out every night.” 

“Mommmmm, I’m 24 already. It’s not like I’m going to walk off with some creepy dude offering me candy.” Youngjae snickered at the thought. His mom was just so overprotective of him sometimes. 

“You know that’s not what I mean.” Mrs. Yoo sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. 

“I promise I’ll be a good boy from now on, Mom.” Youngjae flashed him her pearly whites. Even with his bruised eye, the sweet cherub cheeked boy looked like a darling. That’s was why he knew he could get away with so much . 

“I wonder how long that will last.” Mrs. Yoo scoffed, but gently moved Youngjae’s bangs from his face. 

“Hmmm, I bet I could last at least a week.” Youngjae giggled and his mother frowned, and gently poked her son’s forehead. 

“Where do you get that smart mouth of yours, hm?” She grinned despite the annoyance that was her lovely son. 

“From my lovely mother.” He flashed a cheeky grin, which she returned with a pinch to his chubby cheeks. He dropped his jaw in mock shock, clutching his face as if he were recreating ‘The Scream.’

“Just please be careful okay?” Mrs. Yoo sighed, her hands fidgeting with each other. Youngjae sensing his mother’s genuine concern and worry didn’t wish to add upon his mother’s woes.


“I promise, Mom.” Youngjae smiled sweetly, squeezing his mother’s hand. His mother returning the gesture. ”And whose fault that I can’t go out today? HMMMM?” Youngjae huffed, crossing his arms as he sunk lower into his white leather coach. 

“Come on, it's been like a month. You’re all healed up and you've been a good boy so you deserve to let off some steam,” Himchan pleaded, the designer/model felt like he was going insane being holed up in his studio. “Plus~ the club is having ladies night. Who knows you might that dowdy girl you’ve always dreamed of.” Himchan snickered.

“Har-har,” Youngjae sneered, rolling his eyes. “It has been a while...and I’ve beeeeeennn soooo bored at home.” Youngjae groaned, turning in his chair into different sitting positions.

“Yes, it must be so exhausting to just lay on your playing video games when you’re at home.” A person could bottle how much sarcasm Himchan was dripping. 

“Don’t be such a meanie, you can get sore thumbs from such activities ya know,” Youngjae grinned, hearing Himchan scoffed on the other line. “But you’re right. I should get off my cute tushy and get some booze and dancing done.”

“Cute? Hahaha, you’re funny, Jaebaby.” Himchan chuckled on the other line.

“Don’t lie. I’ve seen you check out my sometimes.” Youngjae snickered as he went into his closet to pick out an appropriate outfit. After all, green striped pajama pants and a tank top weren’t necessarily club attire. 

“Nothing wrong with appreciating,” Himchan said nonchalantly. “But too bad I don’t chase after straight guys or you’d be mine in a sec.”

“Uh no thanks.” Youngjae chuckled, putting on his ripped jeans.

“Aaaand this is why I don’t go after straight guys. Too much work,” Himchan sighed. “Anywho, see you in….15?”

“Yep, I’m heading out the door right-” Youngjae froze on the spot as he opened the door to see his mother standing in front of him. Another man standing behind her. 

Youngjae eyed the stranger confused. The guy was was dressed in a white button up, black tie, and black dress pants that hugged his muscular body well. He was about the same height as Youngjae, but the man’s aura made him seem like he was a foot taller. His skin was sun-kissed and his eyes had a mixture of playfulness and maturity, a small mole under his right eye. Though at the moment they had a steely, cool expression. His chocolate brown hair was parted to one side with his bangs reaching his eyebrow and his thick plush lips were in a tightline.Youngjae couldn’t help but stare at how handsome the man was. He was at least Himchan level attractive. 

“Uh Himchan...I’ll call you back.”


 Daehyun rubbed his forehead, wondering he allowed himself to be in this predicament. He looked up to see the younger boy attempt to plead his case about going out to party. If Daehyun remembered from the file, the young man worked as a the creative director of the video game department of Yoo Enterprises. That meant he had work tomorrow, but the younger wanted to go out and party till all hours of the night. Daehyun guessed that responsibility was not a part of the younger’s vocabulary. 

He watched as the younger male puff out his cheeks like a blowfish, dissatisfied with his mother’s decision. With the way the younger looked, he wouldn’t have thought being a creative director was on his agenda. The younger’s soft chubby cheeks and cat-like doe eyes. His soft, fluffy dark brown hair that was currently in a messy tousled bed head style. His gray deep v-neck shirt and black ripped jeans hugged the other’s lean yet muscular frame well. His outfit accented with a black fabric choker. The image of a boy out to go have fun, not one to inherit one of Korea’s largest companies. 

“But Mooooom, I don’t need a bodyguard! I’m 24 for pete’s sakes!” Youngjae whined, a pout evident on his lips. Youngjae shot Daehyun a glare before going back to whining to his mother. A sigh left Daehyun’s lips. Again he wondered why he decided to accept this job.

“Boss, um we have a client…” One of his employees quietly opened the door to his office before giving a slight bow. 

“You know that all clients go through our receptionist before reaching me…” Daehyun’s voice was cold and stern, tired from a long days work as he was looking through paperwork. 

“Y-yes, but this is a special case, sir…” The employee fidgetted as Daehyun raised a brow. His employee moved aside only to reveal a beautiful, older woman. A polite smile graced her delicate ruby red lips as greeted Daehyun with a small bow.

“It has been a while, Daehyun. My how you’ve grown.” Daehyun’s eyes grew wide with familiarity before he shooed his employee to leave. 

“Mrs. Yoo, what do I owe this visit?” Daehyun stood up and pulled out the chair for Mrs. Yoo to sit down. 

“I first want to apologize for the sudden visit,” She grinned placing her purse beside her. “I’m glad you grew up well. How are you and your brother?”

“We’re good.” Daehyun smiled softly. 

“That’s wonderful to hear.” She smiled again, and the two fell into silence.

“I’m assuming you didn’t come here to just check on me.” Daehyun chuckled.

“I guess I should be upfront about this,” Mrs.Yoo chuckled, her velvety soft voice ringing throughout the room. “I’d like to hire your services, Daehyun. I need someone to watch over my son.”

“Your son?” Daehyun had heard of the Yoo’s heir. He was never in big trouble, but he had heard rumors that the younger liked to party whether it be in the club or at high class soirees. “Is he in trouble?”

“Not per say,” She chuckled. “He is a bit reckless and enjoys the nightlife a little too much for a mother’s liking, but I still need someone to watch over him.” 

“Not to be rude Mrs. Yoo, but don’t you already have guards?” Daehyun raised a brow. Yoo enterprises was the largest, wealthiest, and most influential company in Korea, it would be foolish not to have guards for it’s Chairman and her son. 

“My son can be quite stubborn and mischievous,” Mrs. Yoo sighed. “He always manages to get away from the guards or drive them up a wall.” 

“I see,” Daehyun pulled out a stack of files from his drawers. “Well I can look through some of the people we have available and see who best suits your son’s-’

“I was hoping to hire you, Daehyun.” Daehyun’s actions immediately froze as the words left Mrs. Yoo’s mouth. 

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Yoo,” Daehyun cleared his throat. “I do not usually go out into the field unless there are dire situations.” 

“Please, Daehyun. I can’t trust anyone, but you...” Mrs. Yoo looked at Daehyun with such desperation, it hurt the man to see such a elegant and dignified woman look this way. “As of right now I can’t tell you all the details, but as a mother, please I need you to watch over my son…” 

Truly, if it weren’t for the fact that it was Mrs. Yoo he wouldn’t have agreed in the first place. 

“I’m sorry, Youngjae, but Daehyun is going to be your bodyguard no matter what. Now please be a good boy and get along.” Mrs. Yoo crossed her arms, not budging no matter how much Youngjae puppy pouted. She looked like a mother hen scolding her baby chick.

“But Mo-”

“No buts,” Mrs. Yoo sighed, turning on her heel as she began leaving Youngjae’s bedroom. “Good night, Youngjae.” She closed the door quietly, leaving Daehyun with a fuming baby chick.

Youngjae huffed, sitting on top of his bed with a pout. He glanced at Daehyun. The man had stayed silent during the entire ordeal and now the man was simply watching Youngjae. Youngjae didn’t know why, but it irked him. He was already annoyed that his mother hired him a glorified babysitter. Youngjae brushed his anger aside. He had a club to get to and he was going to go, especially now since he had steam to blow. Youngjae got up miffed and began heading out the door, only to have Daehyun block his path. 

“Excuse me, but can you move?” Youngjae shot him an annoyed glare. 

“Where are you going?” Daehyun’s voice was steady and unwavering. Youngjae’s mind paused for a moment, registering the man’s Busan accent. Youngjae almost flinched from the sheer authority in his voice, but then again Youngjae wasn’t the type to back down in the face of authority. 

“To church.” Youngjae scoffed as he attempted to maneuver around Daehyun. 

“You have work tomorrow.” Daehyun stared Youngjae down firmly. Truly the young man was reckless. His mother had just informed him to be good and not go off and what does the young man do? Exactly the opposite. 

“Thank you, captain obvious. Now move,” Youngjae attempted to shove past him. It was like shoving himself into a damn rock. “Moooooovvveee~” Youngjae began to whine and throw a fit.   

“You’re not going clubbing. You’re staying home and resting for work tomorrow.” Daehyun had basically ordered the younger, which had apparently ruffled the chick’s feathers. 

“Not only are you a bodyguard, but my wet nurse too,” Youngjae scoffed and rolled his eyes, not seeing that Daehyun had picked him up and throw him over his shoulder. “Y-Yah! What are you doing you crazy! Put me down!” Youngjae flailed around as Daehyun let out an annoyed sigh. 

“Sit,” Daehyun plopped Youngjae down on the bed like a bag of potatoes. “Go to bed and don’t even think about going out tonight.” Daehyun shot Youngjae a cold glare. 

“How much did my mother pay you cause I’ll give you double of what she’s paying you to leave.” Youngjae crossed his arms and legs, shooting him a sassy look. 

“Nice try, but I’m not that easily bought.” Daehyun scoffed as he began leaving the bedroom. 

“Stick in the …” Youngjae murmured, watching as Daehyun leave his bedroom. 

Youngjae frowned, tapping his foot impatiently. How could his day get any worse! He blamed Himchan. If it weren’t for the diva, his mother wouldn’t have become overprotective. The elder just had to grab that random dude’s to prove a point. He sometimes wished that the elder wasn’t so headstrong. It would have saved Youngjae a lot of trouble. Youngjae glanced at his door. Perhaps….Youngjae immediately got up from his bed, grabbed his keys and wallets and bolted towards the door. Only to find Daehyun on the other side with an amused smirk on his face. How Youngjae wanted to wipe that smirk off with a slap. 

“Better luck next time.” Daehyun scoffed, closing the door on the younger. 

“Are you a damn dog or something!” Youngjae shouted, making sure the elder could hear. The freaking crazy was going to stay outside his room all night or something!? Didn’t the man have a life. Youngjae scoffed at the thought. He was probably a damn hermit or something. Who would be so desperate for a job that he would babysit a 24 year old. 

Youngjae paced the room. It was already waaay past when Youngjae was supposed to meet the other guys, but he was gonna get there. He just needed to figure out how...Youngjae glanced up to see his balcony and outside there was a large tree. Youngjae swallowed thickly. Youngjae was no climber... but how hard could it be. Youngjae changed his shoes into something more climber friendly, placing his nicer shoes into a backpack as he headed towards the balcony. The cold night air greeted him and he shivered from the change in temperature. He glanced back and forth beside him, just making sure everything was okay. He let out a confident proud puff of air as he began climbing on top on the balcony so he could reach the tree branch. 

“You testing if you can fly?” Youngjae jumped and and nearly fell back by the sudden unwanted voice. 

Youngjae was looking around as to where the voice came from. His eyes found a small black camera in the corner of his balcony, pointing straight at Youngjae at the moment. “You have got to be kidding me!?” Youngjae groaned. When did the man even install these!? He would have to ask his mother about this. “Don’t you have anything better to do than spy on a 24 year old!?” Youngjae hissed, shooting daggers at the black camera. 

“I do have better things to do than watching a baby chick attempt to fly,” Youngjae’s eyes went wide a the insult, and puffed out his cheeks, red with annoyance. “Now get back inside. Unless you want me to come in myself and carry you back.” 

“No way!” Youngjae stuck out his tongue at the camera as he stomped back into his bedroom. Youngjae plopped down on his bed and glared at the ceiling. He grabbed onto his pillow and shoved his face into it as he thrashed around on his bed screaming in frustration. The stupid bodyguard. Youngjae could imagine the smirk on the man’s plush lips. The thought caused Youngja to throw his pillow aside and again glare at the ceiling. “Doesn’t that guy have a girlfriend or something to go home to? Freaking snail.” Youngjae grumbled before burying himself in his sheets.  


Thanks for reading! Comments and Feedback are much appreciated!

Chapter 1 of the new fanfic is here! I'm typing this late at night so I'll keep this short hehe. This is my first time writing Youngjae and Daehyun with these types of personalities so please let me know what you think of them. Hopefully they are just as lovable as my other story :3 Anyways hehe, the baby chick has finally met th immovable guard snail XD Who knows what trouble these two will get into! I'll try not to make this too angsty cause it's meant to be more lighthearted, but knowing my dramatic self there is going to be drama and angst XD Sorry not sorry hahaha