Chapter Four

Forever With Each Other

This is a reuploaded version but honestly I'm starting to cringe again sigh :(

-

It was the day before Yunhyeong’s 18th birthday and everyone was excited. The group had gathered in the living room to cuddle on the big couch to talk.

Hanbin was lying on top of Bobby on the right end of the couch, Donghyuk sprawled at their feet with Junhoe’s head on his stomach and his arms wrapped around Donghyuk’s waist. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan were collapsed on the other end, limbs tangled together.

“What do you guys think Yunhyeong-hyung will present as?” Hanbin’s quiet voice silenced the rest of the guys’ chatter, all of them contemplating.

“Yun-ie kind of seems like an Omega.” Jinhwan mused, small hand lightly Yunhyeong’s hair.

“I can see that,” Donghyuk agreed, “but he also seems a bit Beta too.”

“I’m with Dong,” Junhoe yawned, eyes closed as he buried his head deeper into Donghyuk’s stomach.

Hanbin quietly snorted and murmured sarcastically to Bobby, “What a surprise.” Bobby snickered, hiding his face in Hanbin’s hair to muffle the sound.

Yunhyeong spoke up, a pout in his voice, “None of you guys think I’m Alpha?”

Nobody answered him.

“Anyways,” Hanbin spoke up in the resulting silence, “after Yun-hyung presents, Jinan will put the Pack mark on him.”

“I can do it a day or two after he presents, to give him some time to get used to his new subgender,” Jinhwan offered, looking at Yunhyeong for his opinion.

Yunhyeong nodded, “It’ll be easier since Betas and Omegas aren’t really wired for leadership, but if I do present as an Alpha,” he shot a petulant glare at the rest of the group, “we’ll have to wait until my wolf calms down enough to submit to you.”

“Of course,” Bobby said, “it has to be a willing submission.”

“Should we have made a cake for hyung’s birthday?” Donghyuk mused out loud, gently running a hand through a dozing Junhoe’s hair.

“No,” Yunhyeong hummed peacefully, “this is perfect enough.”

The group fell into a content silence, relaxed in each other’s presence.


-


A few hours of laying together and the clock struck midnight, the group reluctantly getting up to move to their rooms.

Donghyuk went into his shared room with Yunhyeong and gathered up his pillows to sleep over at another member’s room just for this night and tomorrow.

Yunhyeong sat on his bed, looking guiltily at the younger. “Sorry for kicking you out,” Yunhyeong apologized.

Donghyuk laughed lightly, smiling warmly at Yunhyeong, “It’s okay, Yun-hyung. It’s not good for you to have another person in here with you. Besides,” a mischievous glint entered his eyes, “rooming with Hanbin-hyung and Bobby-hyung will give me plenty of material to tell Jinwoo-hyung, Jinan-hyung, and Taehyun-hyung.”

Yunhyeong sweated nervously, looking at the cackling boy. “…Sometimes I forget you’re one of the more gossipy members.”

Donghyuk shrugged lightly, still smirking, “They make it too much fun to talk about them.” He gave a short wave to Yunhyeong before bouncing out of the room happily (not forgetting to shut the door) and Yunhyeong heard him cheerfully call out to the mentioned duo before a door slammed shut and silence fell upon the dorm as everyone started going to sleep.

He locked the door before going back and laying down on his bed, turning off the lamp to shroud the room in darkness.

He sighed quietly, a bit anxious to what the next day would bring before deciding to just go to sleep and wait it out. “No use worrying when I can’t influence what I’ll present as.”


-


Yunhyeong woke up feeling… normal. There was no feeling of emptiness and slick to signify he was an Omega or a burning heat in his body and a knot to say he was an Alpha. He was just… feeling a little achey, but not too bad.

He couldn’t help the sudden feeling of relief for being a Beta. No pesky heats or ruts, or him wanting to challenge both Hanbin and Jinhwan for the leadership position. Sure, he would still be affected by the scent of an Omega in heat or an Alpha in rut, but as a Beta, he was also in much better control of his primal instincts and less substantial to the control of an Alpha’s Command.

He turned around and looked at the clock, surprised to see that it was already well into the afternoon. The dorm was so quiet, he would’ve thought it was still early morning. He carefully got up, body aching just a bit, as he walked to the door, unlocking it and opening it carefully to step into the hallway, walking to the bathroom to wash up.

He went to the kitchen after brushing his teeth and paused in the doorway, looking at s trying to stay silent as they moved around the room. He cleared his throat loudly, amused as Hanbin and Junhoe jumped in surprise.

“Hey, guys,” Yunhyeong greeted, voice slightly scratchy.

“Yunhyeong!” Jinhwan was the first to shake off his shock, grinning as he walked up to the new Beta to give him a hug.

Yunhyeong returned the embrace and went still as Jinhwan started lightly scent marking him, rubbing his face along Yunhyeong’s neck and jaw to familiarize himself with the new scent.

Yunhyeong took in an earthy after-rain scent from the Alpha, baring his throat willingly.

Jinhwan hummed, finally leaning back. “You smell like cherry with a hint of musk,” he remarked approvingly. Bobby quirked an eyebrow in interest.

“Is Yun a Beta then? Since his presentation took such a short time.” Yunhyeong looked at Bobby and nodded, a slight grin on his face.

Bobby smiled back at him toothily, gesturing for him to come over. “Come and eat! Hanbin made breakfast – or at least he tried to.”

Hanbin huffed, lightly glaring at Bobby and swatting his arm before turning a sweet smile to Yunhyeong. “I made eggs and buttered toast,” he said, walking forward to tug Yunhyeong to an empty chair with a plate of food in front of it.

Yunhyeong sat down, feeling his stomach rumble at the smell of fresh food. “Thanks, Bin-ah,” he chirped, eagerly digging in.

Hanbin sat across from him, pulling Jinhwan onto his lap (and completely missing Bobby pouting at them). “Jinan-ie, Yun-hyung,” Hanbin said, making sure he had their attention before continuing, “When is a good time to do the Pack bonding? Yun didn’t have a hard time baring his throat at all, so we can probably do it right away.”

“Mm,” Jinhwan hummed, tapping his chin with a finger. “It should be up to Yun.” He decided, looking at Yunhyeong expectantly.

“I’m okay with doing it today.” He smiled at them reassuringly, completely confident in his decision.

Hanbin nodded and gently nudged Jinhwan off his lap before standing up. “Then you’ll do it after you eat.”


-


After he finished eating, Yunhyeong and Jinhwan went to the Alpha’s room alone, Hanbin having said that only the presented should be there for this event.

The Alpha stood in the middle of the room, patiently waiting for Yunhyeong to get comfortable on his bed.

Jinhwan stepped closer to Yunhyeong, gently placing a hand on his neck. “You ready?” He asked, rubbing soothing circles with his fingers.

Yunhyeong hummed quietly, looking peaceful. “Yeah,” he answered after a pause. He lifted his wrist to offer the inside to his chosen Pack leader, closing his eyes and waiting for the bite.

Jinhwan leaned down and quickly bit Yunhyeong, digging his elongated fangs into his flesh and holding it there til the Bond took hold.

Yunhyeong grunted in slight pain, grimacing for a second before his expression smoothed out again.

Jinhwan waited until he felt a part of his soul open up, gently letting in another presence. The two nudged at one another and from Yunhyeong’s awed gasp, Jinhwan knew it was him.

He slowly unlatched his fangs from the Beta’s wrist, at the wound to speed the healing process and straightened up again.

He looked at Yunhyeong, at the blood staining his wrist, and felt his concern spill over their Bond. Yunhyeong, his eyes still closed, chuckled softly.

“You worry too much, Jinan-hyung,” he murmured. “It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

Yunhyeong’s eyes snapped open when he realized Jinhwan never spoke out loud, his shock shooting through their Bond and drawing a huff of surprise from Jinhwan.

“We’re gonna have to learn how to tone that down,” Jinhwan mused, a wiry grin on his face.

“T-this is amazing,” Yunhyeong gasped, looking at Jinhwan with wide eyes.

“This is a Pack bond,” Jinhwan told him gently, smiling softly at his Pack member.

Yunhyeong smiled back at him, both their happiness mixing together.