Chapter Three

Forever With Each Other

CHAP STILL AWK. Still want the void :')

-

The tension that had previously filled the air vanished seemingly overnight, the rest of the boys relieved beyond belief that their leader and oldest hyung were finally on good terms again and closer than ever.

Jinhwan grew confident in his role in the group and as an Alpha, enough so that he didn’t mind being manhandled and cuddled again. No matter how much the boys and played around, he knew they respected him and would listen to him if he wanted them to.

There was just one more thing Hanbin needed to clear before things could go completely back to normal though. 

Hanbin walked into the living room, cupping his hands together over his mouth for a makeshift megaphone. “Family meeting in the living room!” He hollered, waiting for the rest of the guys to come despite the various groans of displeasure that came after his words.

Jinhwan and Bobby were the first to arrive, Bobby giving Hanbin a dopey smile and Jinhwan pouting. “Really, Hanbin-ie?” He whined, huffing at the amused younger boy, “I was demolishing Bobby 3-1 before you interrupted us!”

Bobby sent Hanbin a wink, which was really more of a coordinated blink, while Hanbin snorted. “You can beat him some other time, Jinan-ie. I just need to clear something with the group.”

“Clear what?” Bobby asked as he walked to Hanbin’s side, curling a strong arm around Hanbin’s waist and pulling him close.

Hanbin tilted his head up to look the slightly taller boy in the eyes, smiling softly, “It’s nothing serious, Jiwon-hyung,” he replied, lightly blushing at their close proximity. Both of the rappers missed Jinhwan grinning manically at them, always entertained by the tension constantly hovering around the two.

Hanbin looked towards the living room entrance, pursing his lips. “Where’s the rest of the kids?”

Jinhwan snorted and Bobby laughed, squeezing Hanbin tighter. “Calm down, Bin-ah,” he cooed, “They’ll come soon enough.”

True to his words, the trio heard footsteps trudging down the hallway and Yunhyeong appeared, dragging a drowsy Donghyuk behind him while Junhoe took his sweet time sauntering after them.

“Finally!” Hanbin exclaimed, ignoring Donghyuk’s sleepy glare and Junhoe’s eye roll with practiced ease.

Yunhyeong laughed, letting go of Donghyuk and sitting down on the leather couch. “We didn’t even take that long!” He protested while smiling.

Donghyuk collapsed next to him, pulling Junhoe down with him.

"What'd you wanna talk about, Hanbin-hyung?" Junhoe asked as he made himself comfortable, hooking an arm over Donghyuk's shoulder and leaning heavily against him.

Donghyuk made a disgruntled sound, shifting around until most of Junhoe's body weight was no longer on him. "Junhoe, seriously?" Donghyuk whined in slight annoyance. Junhoe just smirked at him and stuck his tongue out, going as limp as a boiled noodle just to bother him more.

Now it was Hanbin’s turn to roll his eyes, already used to Junhoe messing with Donghyuk in some manner to flirt in his own weird way with the oblivious elder.

Hanbin walked to a smaller couch across from them, Bobby following closely behind him. He pushed Bobby down before making himself comfortable on his lap, Jinhwan following after them and sitting on Hanbin’s lap. The three made an odd, but familiar picture.

Bobby groaned at the added weight, “Jinan-hyung, are you heavier than usual?”

Jinhwan gasped in mock offense, jumping up and down to punish Bobby. “You trying to imply something, you punk?!”

Bobby looked distressed, glancing at Hanbin for help while making sure neither of the two fell off. Hanbin just laughed at him before hooking his arms across Jinhwan’s waist and hugging him.

Jinhwan stopped moving around and sniffed haughtily, “You’re lucky Hanbin is here or else I would’ve smacked you for your insolence.”

Bobby rolled his eyes and Hanbin snuggled back into his chest before looking at the three across from them, blissfully ignoring their deadpan looks.

“Anyways,” he carried on flippantly, “I wanted to ask you three a question.”

Yunhyeong gestured for him to continue. “What is it?”

Hanbin hesitated before bulldozing ahead. “I need to make sure you guys were serious about Jinhwan-hyung being pack leader or if you guys said it just to get us to stop fighting.”

Jinhwan stiffened slightly on his lap, Hanbin squeezing him in comfort while Bobby went silent underneath them, surveying the kids’ expressions warily.

Donghyuk spoke up first, "We may have wanted you to stop fighting, but we all meant what we said. Jinan-hyung would be a good pack leader. He’s patient, kind, and surprisingly authoritative when he needs to be."

Jinhwan interjected, "’Surprisingly’?!" Donghyuk smiled apologetically.

Junhoe added on, ignoring Jinhwan, "He’s also one of the few people Hanbin-hyung will actual listen to and follow. Bobby-hyung is too lenient."

"Hey!" Bobby protested, mildly offended.

Junhoe shot back, "You would let Hanbin-hyung get away with anything!" Bobby pouted and Junhoe added, "You're also weak to Donghyuk's puppy eyes."

Bobby pouted deeper, but couldn’t deny it.

Yunhyeong laughed. "I agree too. I think Jinan-hyung would be the best choice. Of course, Hanbin-ie is a good leader too, but he can barely take care of himself - especially when he's working. Jinan-hyung is always the one making sure we all eat and stay healthy."

Donghyuk, Junhoe, Hanbin, and Bobby nodded in agreement.

Jinhwan blushed, "If you guys are sure..." He said shyly, "Then I’ll do my best."

Hanbin smiled brightly and buried his face in Jinhwan's shoulder, "Jinan-hyung is so cute~."

Unseen by anyone, Bobby pouted behind Hanbin and pried Hanbin’s arms off Jinhwan. Hanbin lifted his head up and turned his body around in question, but Bobby shoved Jinhwan off in a flash while hooking his arms around Hanbin’s waist protectively.

"You’re too heavy, Jinan-ie! For such a tiny person, of course," Bobby teased.

Jinhwan shot up from the ground with a knowing glint in his eyes, even as he said, "You wanna say that to my face again, you punk?!" Bobby stuck his tongue out and looked away pointedly.

Donghyuk got up and dragged Yunhyeong and Junhoe away with him, "Well, this is our cue to leave!"

Hanbin threw a betrayed look at the three retreating members' backs and shouted, "Where’s the loyalty?!"

Cackling laughter was the only answer he received as he tried to mediate between his mock-fighting best friends.