Chapter Two

Forever With Each Other

 I always hate the first two chapters of my fanfics cries :')

-

Hanbin walked towards Jinhwan’s room with determined steps, lips pursed in a straight line as the rest of the group watched cautiously from the living room couch, Bobby, in particular, twitching with worry.  

Hanbin stopped, looking over his shoulder and shooting the rest of the group a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry,” he said soothingly, “I’ll take care of this.” He met their gazes one-on-one with honest eyes, pausing on Bobby.  

“Jiwon-hyung,” he called out softly, “Everything will be fine.” 

Bobby nodded hesitantly before smiling. He took a deep breath and put on a brave face. “Of course,” he said with forced optimism, “I’ll always believe in you, Bin-ah!” The rest of the members nodded in agreement and Hanbin carried on his way.  

He stood outside Jinhwan’s room before knocking on it sharply. “I’m coming in, Jinhwan-hyung,” he said bluntly before opening the door gently and stepping in.  

Jinhwan was lying on his bed, eyes boring into Hanbin’s as he closed the door behind him. “I didn’t say you could come in.” Jinhwan’s voice was calm with an cold undertone to it and the look in his eyes wasn’t kind. There was a dangerous air surrounding the tiny Alpha, but Hanbin blissfully pretended he didn’t notice, confident in his knowledge that his hyung wouldn’t hurt him too badly.  

“We need to talk,” he laid out flatly, patiently waiting and watching for Jinhwan’s response. Jinhwan grimaced and his upper lip lifted in a slight snarl before he sighed and nodded, sitting up and patting the bed.  

“Fine,” he grumbled, “come sit next to me.” It was a command, but Hanbin didn’t mind. Outside of the practice room, he usually followed Bobby and Jinhwan’s lead anyways and this wasn’t all that different.  

He sat down gently, edging closer to his hyung until they were pressed side to side. He laid his head on Jinhwan’s shoulder softly and waited until he felt the Alpha reluctantly relax, an arm curling around his waist.  

Minutes of silence passed before Hanbin spoke. 

“Hyung,” Hanbin began softly, closing his eyes. “I miss you.” 

Jinhwan drew in a quick breath, looking away guiltily while biting his lip. “I miss you, too.” He admitted quietly, pulling Hanbin closer to him. 

“I know that you’re having… trouble following what I say now and I get it, I really do, but… more than me not liking being challenged as the group’s leader, I just really want my best friend back.” Hanbin sniffled, opening his eyes and staring mournfully at Jinhwan, a light sheen covering his eyes. 

Jinhwan felt a lurch in his stomach at the sight of Hanbin’s teary face, his protective instincts towards the younger flaring up. “Binnie,” he uttered gently, squeezing him around the waist, “don’t cry.” He felt his eyes water in return and cursed himself for being so soft towards the younger.  

“I know you don’t like being ordered around by a younger unpresented, but I hope you can understand that all of us see you as our Pack leader, while I’m just the group leader.” Hanbin looked at Jinhwan pleadingly, anxious to see how he would react to the statement.  

It was true. While they followed Hanbin’s lead unanimously in music and dance, they all looked to the oldest Alpha in decisions outside of the practice room. It seemed Jinhwan had never noticed or forgotten after he presented and Hanbin was determined to remind him of that.  

Jinhwan looked conflicted. He wanted so badly to believe the younger, but his wolf wouldn’t let it go that he still had to follow Hanbin. “I… I know that, but sometimes I still can’t really… handle it well.” 

“I know, hyung,” Hanbin said, looking so understandingly fond it made Jinhwan’s heart ache. He didn’t deserve such a kind younger brother.  

“I’ll try harder, okay?” Jinhwan offered weakly. He was so tired of the constant cold war that had emerged because he couldn’t control himself. He wanted the light, carefree laughter and the warmth of all his little brothers back before he had presented – not the strained, anxious silence that came after. 

Hanbin lit up, his right eye closing just that little bit more when he was so utterly happy he couldn't contain it and his mouth forming a heart-shaped smile. “Okay, hyung!” He looked at Jinhwan sweetly before adding in mischievously, “I’m glad I have my tiny hyung back.” 

Jinhwan smacked him lightly over the head, “Don’t be a brat!”