Joy

Through Stranger's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don’t believe in love at first sight but I do believe in seeing someone from across the room and knowing instantly that they’re going to matter to you."

- Ryan O’Connell

 

 

 

 

The concert has just ended. You feel your muscles become sore and a headache coming sooner than later. Wendy must have noticed the way you massage the side of your head, hoping that it would somehow relieve the current spinning and a little bit of pounding on your head. She gives you an aspirin and bottle of water.

 

“Thank you, unnie.”

 

“No problem,” she says with a smile. “Get some rest later.”

 

“I sure will.”

 

Wendy leaves the dressing room, probably to check if anyone needs assistance. She’s always been like that - taking care of everyone. Most of the time you have to make sure she doesn’t forget to take care of herself too.

 

The crew are currently packing up and cleaning the stage. The makeup artists and hairstylists are doing the same with their equipment. You see one of the managers pass by and taking a call from what you assume is another representative from a CF that the group is scheduled to shoot tomorrow. You already feel even more exhausted upon remembering how packed your schedule is the next day.

 

You close your eyes for a minute but then -

 

The maknae, Yeri, swaggers in with a petite woman wearing a black Nike cap on. Yeri has her hand rested on the woman’s shoulder. “Guess who’s here!” she says a little too loud.

 

“God, what are you so damn loud -” Your hands fly over your mouth when you realize who the woman beside Yeri is. Eyes growing wide. “Miss Bae Irene!” You gasp in awe.

 

Bae Irene, the famous young actress from Daegu, who recently won two acting awards for her new rom-com movie. You have watched her dramas and movies since before your debut with Red Velvet. You even have a signed poster of her in your bedroom at home; it’s the reason you missed one of your practices during your trainee days.

 

How does Yeri even know someone as influential as her?

 

Irene takes off her cap. “Hi, Joy.” She greets you with a warm smile.

 

“H - hi,” you stutter. You have met a lot of celebrities since your trainee days. You even met Irene before too. But this time it’s different. You’re not just some stuttering fan with shaking hands, which you proudly used to be. She apparently knows you now. You feel like your heart is about to break your ribs with how fast your heart is beating.

 

Yeri laughs at you. “Unnie, she’s a really big fan of yours. She has a poster with your autograph in it back home.” The little devil vouches. You shoot Yeri a glare but she only rolls her eyes and smirks.

 

“Really?” Irene giggles. “That’s nice to know.”

 

“I - I’m a big fan since your first drama, Irene-sunbaenim.” You say as calm as possible. The two of you shake hands and you swear her hands are the smallest and softest thing you’ve ever held. You almost don’t want to let go but that could freak her out. “Did you watch the concert, sunbaenim?”

 

“Unnie, she’s literally in the front row," Yeri answers for the actress instead. “Didn’t you see some fans trying to take a selfie with her in the crowd?”

 

You may have seen it, of course. But with the blinding lights and loud fanchants crowding your head during the performances, maybe you didn’t even get to have a good look at her.

 

“Stop being so rude, you midget.” Irene flicks Yeri’s forehead and the youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter