Overnight

Super Power Girl and Her Lovestruck CEO

Overnight (Ep 16)

A/N: A reader request. Thank you @blank2112 for reading! And asking, “What if Bongki hadn’t interrupted after Bongsoon’s mom said Minhyuk can sleep over?” (Link to the scene: https://youtu.be/VZB42xOEjQ0) This ends up perhaps more pensive than steamy, but I hope you enjoy it! My first time taking a request. It was a fun challenge to write and I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at more!

-------

Minhyuk smirked as the door to Bongsoon’s bedroom closed after Mrs. Do. He took a couple slow, long strides towards Bongsoon, and she held up her fork with a strawberry both as if to feed him and to stop him.

“The strawberries…” 

He chuckled and took a bite of the proffered berry before taking the fork from her and setting it back down on the plate. 

“Bongsoon-ah, this means we won’t have any other interruptions, right?”

Her eyes rounded and she dipped her head in the smallest abashed gesture of yes. Minhyuk’s long day at the river convincing her father to come home was all worth it. He couldn’t wait to be with her, and he now had her for himself.

Bongsoon found herself starting to get lost in his gaze, her smiling reflection in his eyes, the adoration and the wanting. There was no hesitation as he moved in for a sweet kiss.

Minhyuk’s lips were soft and insistent and Bongsoon barely noticed it when the back of her knees hit her mattress. This wasn’t a tentative “will you be mine”, a stolen “i love you” at the workplace, or a “i’ll miss you” parting goodnight kiss. The atmosphere became heavy and heady with the space between them closing, and she felt herself shiver with anticipation. She leaned forward and stood on her tippy toes, their touches languid and lingering yet electrifying to the core. Without thinking, her hands reached for his shirt as her fingers sought purchase in its material, but her slight tug came with more force than intended, and Bongsoon brought the two of them crashing onto her bed. 

They were breathless, quiet, and the time which had raced with their pounding hearts suddenly slowed. Facing each other now, their proximity, the heat of his body so close to hers, the flush of her cheeks, the thrumming of the blood in their veins, every sense sharpened as they laid by one another.

The way Minhyuk looked at her had Bongsoon melting at all of her edges and it was like all her anxieties of being different or found out for being different were taken over by his genuine desire to know all of her and love all of her.

“What are you thinking about?” She ventured, curious. 

“How much I want you.”

Her blush deepened at his straightforward confession. 

“Minhyuk-ah…”

He had to look away because her lips rounding the syllables of his name so affectionately and affectedly were too tempting. “Let’s sleep now, or else we won’t be able to sleep tonight.” He shifted from his position so that they could untangle and moved to get up from the bed. 

“I want you too.”

Minhyuk felt himself freeze at her voice and he swallowed hard. 

“This is a large part of why I brought your father home... Bongsoon-ah, I’ve asked him for permission.”

When their eyes met again, this time their passion for the night was tempered only by the thought that there’d be many days ahead together. 

As the moon rose, the night became still, their breathing evened, hearts syncing as they slipped into dreams. 

 

— ❤ —

 

After some hours, when he had sobered, Mr. Do roused from his spot on the couch. He tiptoed up the stairs in the darkness, familiar with the steps, and after all, glad to be home. Before retiring to his bed, he turned towards his daughter’s room.

He gently eased her door open, and he almost had an aneurysm at the sight before him. Someone else in Bongsoon’s bed. A man lying beside his daughter, especially after that talk about asking his permission for marriage?! His wrestling days just about overcame him and he was ready to throw that guy to the ground!

His expression softened as he caught theirs, her lips parted with a slight smile in her sleep. His gaze followed the young man’s arm wrapped protectively around Bongsoon’s waist and her fingers curling around his forearm. His eyes misted as the memories came unbidden…

The little hands holding his, almost crushing his fingers irreparably. Then the rambunctious years when the twins were both two and the best and only moments of rest were when she finally fell asleep for a nap, her hand winding around his arm, much like the way she was positioned comfortably now. Though she remained on the petite side, she had grown so much, and now, it felt like it all happened overnight

Beside her was this man who loves her in her greatest weaknesses and for her great strength. Who could protect her, sacrifice for her, knew her. Mr. Do used his sleeve to dry his eyes.

A man isn’t ever ready to become a father, and a father isn’t ever ready to let his daughter to leave home... Mr. Do sure wasn’t ready, but he was thankful and happy for his daughter. He closed the door quietly and smiled to himself.