Nick Names

Super Power Girl and Her Lovestruck CEO

A/N: Confession. I have a thing for terms of endearment. Silly pet names that are kind of like a secret code and ones that make you melt when that special someone calls you by it. In SWDBS, at first I was a bit bummed to hear that Park Boyoung specifically went off script and didn't call Minhyuk "jagiya" or "honey" as it was written. I think jagiya is quite cute, and I thought, maybe it was too embarassing to her? I kind of wished she matched Hyungsik's oozing aegyo. But with some time and reflection, I've come to really appreciate that Bongsoon used Min Min. Because that was special to them. That was what brought Minhyuk to his knees. There are other couples who use the usual pet names, but Bongsoon and Minhyuk made and kept ones of their own. 

-------- ♡ -------- 

Nick Names

At odd hours in the afternoon, on Mondays, bright and way too early, at times that normal human beings are tired and dragging their feet along, he is like an adventurous young prince, like sunshine, a puppy ready to explore, a kite dancing in the wind.

When the soft sunlight glows in the early hours, she is his princess. Her hair is splayed about her face, there’s a trail of dried drool by the side of her lips, but she is nothing short of his royalty. 

When there is no one else around, and she is too giddy and in love to care to be embarrassed, he’s “Min min.” Or sometimes, “Minhyuk-shi.” Especially, when her birthday has passed too for the year and they truly are same aged-peers, she loves to with it, “Minhyuk-ah!” She has an inkling that he not-so-secretly likes it though.

When he’s in awe as he listens to the radio reports and scrolls through his news on the phone, she is the real life Xena, better than any game heroine a guy could dream up.

In her dreams, but also in her reality, he is her Romeo. A lover who could only have come as star-crossed. Or at least that sounds more poetic than needing to thank the Baek Tak gang for their second chance encounter, right?

At the end of a tough day, he picks up his peanut-sized King Kong and spins her around, even if she is the one who could more easily carry him… 

In the office, he answers to “Daepyo-nim!” and she is a hallelujah choir chorus of “Do intern.”

At night when he’s way too far away than he’d like to be, on a business trip so sudden he couldn’t arrange for her to join, she is his “Bong Bong,” with her mini videos cheering him on making his heart almost stop as he dolphin kicks in his hotel bed.

In the throes of sweet passion. When he kisses her senseless, when she closes her eyes and lets go. When he catches, relinquishes, chases, releases. Their names are prayers, are whispers, are wordless, for each is the other half of the other’s heart. 

In the quiet moments, when it’s just the two, when it follows those three words, from her lips as sincere as can be, it’s “Ahn Minhyuk.” I love you, Ahn Minhyuk.

All the time, he is hers, and she is his, his strong woman Do Bongsoon.