I / FIN

The ring

It was Friday when it happened. They were in the middle of their CLAP fanmeeting, their fans take turns to get their autograph. Fanmeet was one of Vernon’s favorite event. Not just because he could meet his fans, but he also get gifts from his fans. And when one girl gave him a ring, he accepted the ring and put it on his finger.

“Thankyou,” Vernon smiled at the girl, she looked older than him.

“Vernon-ah, this is a special ring. I made and carved it myself” Then Vernon examined the ring. There was a word ‘Soul’ carved beautifully. “It is really beautiful,” and the girl smiled.

“I don’t have much time, but i promise you, this ring will bring happiness for you. If you have any questions, which I’m sure you will, you can contact me through my kakao. Don’t worry. I can keep privacy.” The girl gave him a piece of paper with her kakao ID. Vernon looked confused, but he still accepted it. And then it was time for the next fan.

.

.

.

Two days later, the ring was still on his finger. It wasn’t because he believe that this ring would give him happiness, but it was because he couldn’t take it off. He tried. Even the other members helped him, but then they gave up because it just wouldn’t come off. The manager scolded him, and reminded him not to use or wear gifts from fans unless it was proven safe.

“Vernonnie, don’t be sad, We’ll find a way to take the ring off.” Seungkwan said. They were sitting on the couch as seungkwan traced the ring on Vernon’s finger.

“I am not sad. it’s weird though. Why I can’t take this off? It’s just a normal ring.” Seungkwan shrugged as he rested his head on Vernon’s shoulder

“well, you said that she told you it was a special ring, maybe it’s one of the features” Seungkwan said. Vernon rolled his eyes and nudged seungkwan lightly

“No, It’s special because she carved it herself and she said this ring will give me happiness.”

“sure, but this doesn't feel like happiness to you” Seungkwan looked up at Vernon and they both stared at each other for a while. Vernon has this habit when he was looking at seungkwan, he just couldn’t stop looking at him.

“Yeah, but I still have you, you’re my happiness.” Vernon grinned at Seungkwan’s red face

“You’re gross.” They both laughed.

 

.

.

.

Later that night, all the members already fell asleep. Well, except Vernon. After the conversation with seungkwan, he remembered that the girl gave him her kakao ID. He was glad that he still vaguely remember the girl ID. He spent fifteen minutes to find the right one. When he finally found the girl's profile, he immediately greet the girl

: Hey, is this really you? The girl who gave me the ring?


래인: Vernon-ah!! Yeah it’s me

 

: Thank God. Can you please tell me why I cant take this ring off?

 

: kkk~ relax. I can tell you… but I won’t ;p

 

: this is not funny. Its been two days!! My manager scolded me. The other members have given up  to help me. This is not happiness like you promised me.

 

: fine~ fine~ you’re such a drama queen xD It’s just a ring Vernon… it’s from your fan:( now I feel like you don’t like my gift…

 

: now you making me feel bad-_- I am sorry , I like your ring. I really do. but my manager asked me to take it off. But I cant. so please tell me how?

 

: okay..

 

: so?

 

: The ring will release once you kissed a person you desired the most.

 

What the ?

 

: this is not Harry Potter.

 

: or is it?

 

: . So this bloody ring is cursed?! What are you? Hermione Granger gone bad?

 

: it is not cursed! It is cursed if the ring gives you bad luck or even kill you. I just put a simple spell on it~  trust me, it will only bring happiness~ kkk

 

: oh God

 

: so.. who is it?

 

: none of your business

 

: c’mon~ I told you how to take it off. Who is it??

 

There is no way Vernon would answer that.

 

: alright then~ Good luck kissing the love of your life! xD

 

.

 

.

.

.

For the next three days, Vernon was having a battle inside his head. Should he do it? He didn’t want to take a risk. Kissing your crush- or in this case, kissing your bestfriend, was not a good idea. It could ruin everything. And they are in the same group. It also could affect the group. Vernon didn’t want something bad to happen to their group just because Vernon’s selfishness.

Yes, he loved Seungkwan. Yes, he wanted to kiss seungkwan. But he wasn’t sure if seungkwan feel the same. Sure they flirted sometimes, but that’s how their friendship is.

“The ring still wouldn’t come off?” Seungkwan asked as he approached Vernon in the kitchen. Vernon turned his head to Seungkwan

“Yeah. But I already know how to take it off though.”

“what? Take it off then!” Seungkwan said with a smile in his face.

If only he knew..

“Nah” Vernon shook his head, “why? You were so eager to take it off, now you don’t want to take it off?” Seungkwan furrowed.

“I still want to take this off. But it’s not easy.” Seungkwan sighed. “I can help you, you know”

Of course Seungkwan would help him.

“You can’t” Vernon shook his head.

“what do you mean? Is it really bad? I’ll try my best, Vernonnie” Seungkwan looked worried, Vernon wanted to hug him so bad.

“I know you will, boo. But I don’t know if I should do this or not. The outcome would ruin everything.” Vernon knew he shouldnt’ve said that. Now Seungkwan looked worried than before.

“Oh, Vernonnie..” Seungkwan hugged Vernon “I’ll be by your side no matter how bad the outcome is” Seungkwan said, still hugging Vernon as he caressed Vernon’s back.

“I love you boo,” Vernon whispered as he hugged Seungkwan back.

“I know, I love you too.”

 

.

.

.

 

 

: Ring still on your finger? xD

 

: off

 

: is that how you treat your fan? kkk

 

:is this how you treat your idol?

 

: how? I’m trying to help you here

 

: well you can help me by break the spell without me having to kiss seungkwan.

 

: OOOOHHHHH

 

: . How to delete message

 

: relax~~ kkk. I’ve figured it out, tho.

 

: what

 

: c’mon… i know true love when I see one. I know true love when I see Vernon looking at Boo Seungkwan.

 

: oh my god

 

: xD

 

: seriously tho, just kiss him!

 

: nah

 

: fine.. your pick then. Getting scolded by your manager and having your fans suspect the ring or kiss him?

 

: I rather die

 

: that’s not funny Vernon-_-

 

: then help me with another way! I dont want to kiss him!

 

: well I want but I cant

 

: there is no other way, V.

 

: jesus

 

: good luck!

 

: wait. Are you really a witch?

 

: what do you think?;p

 

: you know what. Forget it.

 

: xD

 

.

.

.

“Vernon-ah! This ring still on your finger?” Vernon got a little bit surprised when his leader suddenly pulled his hand and examined the ring “Yes, hyung”

“You need to find a way to take this off. The fans are starting to get suspicious with the ring.” Said Seungcheol. Should he tell Seungcheol that he already knew?

“I know how” Vernon said, “and? Take it off then!”

“I can’t, okay?”

“why? And how did you know how to take this off?”

“I contacted the girl who gave me this ring”

“what? how?”

And finally, Vernon told Seungcheol everything. About the girl at the fanmeet, about his crush on seungkwan, about the only way to take the ring off

“Wow..”

“Yeah, so now you know why I can’t do it, right?”

“Yeah, I get it. But you’re just being a chicken. You know Seungkwan can’t get mad at you for a long time, and I think Seungkwan likes you too. give it a go. If the outcome is bad, I’ll try to talk to him” Seungcheol said.

“But what if-“

“Stop with the what if, try.”

“Okay..”

“And give me that girl’s ID, I want one of the ring.”

“Are you mad? She’s a witch! And why do you want the ring?!” Seungcheol laughed “Chill, she’s also our fan. And  I want Jeonghan to use it, I want to know who is the person he desired most.” Seungcheol grinned as Vernon shook his head. “You’re crazy”

.

.

.

After the talk with Seungcheol, Vernon made a decision to try it. He went straight to his and Seungkwan’s room, and found Seungkwan playing with his laptop

“Hey,” Seungkwan’s head turned to Vernon and smiled, “Hey,”

“What are you doing?” Vernon approached Seungkwan and sat beside him on his bed.

“Nothing just watching some videos on youtube. Why?”

Vernon didn’t know how to start this conversation, should he just ask seungkwan to kiss him? , this is so hard than he thought.

“You know I already found a way to take this ring off, right?” Seungkwan nodded

“You want to help me, right?” Vernon asked again, “Of course, Vernon”

Vernon took a deep breath, “so.. the only way to take this ring off is.. to..”

this is so hard

“To what, Vernon?” Seungkwan asked, furrowed.

“To.. kiss someone I desired the most” there you go.

Vernon looked at Seungkwan, his face filled with confusion

“So.. once you kissed someone you like, the ring will come off?” Vernon nodded.

“Then.. I can’t help you with that.”

Right.

Vernon was right. This was a bad idea. Seungkwan didn’t feel the same. He didn’t want to help Vernon because he has to kiss Vernon and he couldn’t because he didn’t like Vernon that way. Vernon wanted to run out of the room and shout to Seungcheol’s face that he was right, that there is no way Seungkwan liked him back.

“You should kiss someone you like, if you kiss me it won’t work.” Seungkwan said, Vernon swear he could hear the sadness in Seungkwan’s voice but it’s impossible because Seungkwan didn’t feel the same.

“Yeah..” Vernon said. he looked at Seungkwan and he saw Seungkwan’s expression was flat but there was a hint of sadness in his eyes. There was a tiny hope in Vernon’s mind that maybe.. maybe Seungkwan feels the same? he didn’t know how to do this.

“So that’s why I ask for your help” Vernon said. Did he just say that?

“What?”

“I wan’t to and I have to kiss someone I like, right? So I ask you. I ask for your help. Can I kiss you?” Seungkwan’s mouth fell open

“- sorry. It’s okay if you don’t want to help. I guess I have to wear this ring for a long time, eh?” Vernon said as he smiled sadly at Seungkwan. He slowly got up from Seungkwan’s bed and ready to run out of this room, “Yes,” Vernon stopped and turned his face to  Seungkwan. Seungkwan didn’t look at him. He was staring down at his laptop, “what?” Vernon asked to make sure, incase his ears playing tricks with him. “Yes, you can kiss me, Vernon” He looked up to Vernon, his eyes full of hope and their lips touched for the first time.

.

.

.

“Finally I can take this ring off!” Vernon was so happy that he finally broke the spell. He told Seungkwan everything, He finally confessed his love for Seungkwan and surprised that Seungkwan felt the same. He told Seungkwan about the crazy witch, but seungkwan respond  was  “She’s still your fan, Vernon”. And Vernon rolled his eyes at Seungkwan. But, yeah.. In the end, He was happy. The crazy witch was right. That ring gave him happiness. He always knew that Seungkwan made him happy, even before the ring, but now it felt more real because they are finally together. He got his happiness, Boo Seungkwan.

.

.

.

: how was the kiss? xD

.

.

.

 

END.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

eng not my main language. sorry for grammatical error.