Chapter 2

coffee and killing

“Lily!Lily!!”

I woke up, shaken, hearing Mina’s voice. I tried opening my eyes bigger, it hurts, because of the light and lack of sleep.

“Sorry, I dozed off.” I said while covering my yawn. Mina touches my forehead and gasps in horror. “Lily! Are you okay? You are burning!” I moved her hands and organize my bangs on my forehead which already looks like crap. I rubbed my eyes and realized I was still in the café and customers hovering around the counter to order. I quickly freshen myself up and got back to work.

I got myself emerge in the work so much that I almost missed my classes. It was already 12 pm and my classes will start at 1 pm. And this professor horribly hates me already. I should run for my life.

.

“Seems like Miss Lily is late today, as usual…”

“NO, I AM HERE!” I cut Mr.Kim halfway his sentence and reached sharp on dot.

“Ahh…What a perfect heroic entry with that pathetic panting voice of yours.” Mr.Kim expected a laugh from the class but none did that. He was quite disappointed I must say. Made me quite happy though.

I somehow finished the class staring aimlessly to the board and already forgot what I was taught. That is so unlike me. Even my classmates realized what a pathetic situation I was in. But none tried to ever talk to me after what happened. I am quite relived about that.

Suddenly I got a tap on my shoulder. Looking back it was Jinyoung, the first boy of our class. Staring at me confused and hesitation was all over his face. I know him since the first year. I smiled at him and asked “Do you have anything to say, Jinyoung?” He gestured we talk over the bench in the ground.

“How are you…Lily?” he asked timidly. “I am quite fine now. Thank you. What about you Jinyoung?” I asked.

“Umm…yeah. Fine. Study’s going great, you know.” He was saying more things about him but I didn’t really heard any of those as my concentration was on the other people. Those people who kept staring at us. And constantly moving eyes when I am looking at them. Is it still that matter? It’s already been a month. Look at me saying ‘it’s been a month’ ha-ha god I really am pathetic.

“Lily?Lily!” Jinyoung held my arms and I moved towards him.

“Oh! Am sorry Jinyoung I didn’t realized? Umm..so what were we talking about?” I asked being apologetic honestly.

He seemed to say something but gave up, while just smiling he said “No, nothing. We are done Lily. You seem really tired, you need sleep and stop drinking too much coffee. It will help if you eat more organic foods.” I didn’t realize that time, that how did he knew about my addiction towards coffee I chuckled and said,” That’s a lot of concern you are showing, Jinyoung.” “Oh, did I? Am sorry Lily…I” he became quite sorry towards me, he definitely didn’t get that I joked with him. He just too much humble and ….innocent? No, I can’t just think about someone like that anymore. I don’t believe in guys anymore. “It’s okay, don’t have to feel bad about it.” I said with no smile at all, rather really cold. “and please be careful on your way home Lili.” Jinyoung said almost in a trembling voice. I was about to ask him why but then I remembered that, I am the girl who is now a target of the JWJ Gang. A gang of 3 gangsters, who were once the students of our school. And one of the three is my ex. Im Jae Bum. Till now everybody knows about Jaebum but no one knows the other two.

 

“She is so rude now.” Said the girl passing me and Jinyoung.

“She has become so cold.”

“What kind of girlfriend exposes their boyfriend. Even if he’s a murderer or whatever.”

“I heard she has become a now,hehe.”

“Oh, how poor. I feel sad for her. She must be feeling miserable now hahahaah.”

In spite of hearing all of these things today, I am not surprised. Not sad. Not angry. I am quite used to these now. Actually, I feel more related to those words than anything now. Every words were true about me, I wouldn’t dare deny. Cold? Rude? Miserable? ? ! Well no! Not yet. I kept talking to me about these the whole road to my house. I really did forgot about my fever. I reached home starving. I took out my keys but paused when I heard sounds coming out of my house. It took me a sec to realize that it was none other but Jackson, Mr. Jackson Wang!

I opened the door as I yelled, “Jackson! Didn’t I tell you to at least inform me before you come?”

I spun and I wasn’t prepared to see what I saw and tried to hold myself straight. He was standing in his blue trouser and black oversized hoodie just in front of my tea table which was broken in pieces. Glasses scattered all around my floor along bl..blood. Blood!! But who’s?!