iv | viscarias

BOUQUETS

May 27th, 2018

The walk from apartment to the flower shop was the most nerve wracking experience in Wendy’s entire life. She had a deathgrip on the simplistic bouquet, a mix of the same kind of flower. Pale lavender, fluorescent yet muted pinks, and a calm white balanced out the viscarias.
`
She pushed on the glass door and listened to the little chime of the rusted bell that hung above. Quietly the small girl trailed around the lines hung with beautiful flowers and found Irene gently rearranging the set-up of the flowers into a position that vaguely reminded Wendy of a sunset. She found her bravery within that moment and called out for Irene.

Irene turned around in recognition, her doe eyes widening slightly and her lopsided smile widened. Her pale hands set down a pile of carnations and walked (bounced more so) over to Wendy and her flowers. Irene gave them a onceover and pointed to the the flowers. “Where’d you get them? Obviously not here.” She pouted quietly.

Wendy blushed and with her freehand waved quickly. “No! No! Just… trust me please?” Irene’s eyes stayed suspicious in position but appreciate shown over her dark eyes in a watery film.

Wendy reached for Irene’s hand, and they slipped together into a perfect puzzle. She led her back through the store and into the backmost garden area. Their public enemy number one, Joy, yeled out to them. “Slacker! I’m calling the manager!”

Irene called back, “I am the manager!”

“CAN I TAKE MAKEOUT BREAKS TOO”

Irene’s porcelain skin turned red and Wendy’s chucklign was paused with a hefty tug into the back. The sky was only in the dawn so the blue sky still had some purple tints in the horizon. Wendy turned back and offered her bouquet out to them.

“I looked for these, because you like meanings I wanted something meaningful? Uh, these are viscarias and they go with what I wanted to ask.” Wendy reached out a hand and bowed slightly. “To dance with me?”

Irene grabbed her bowed chin and leaned it up to place a kiss onto her lips, Wendy leaned into her lips and held the back of her head gently and leaned away. Irene quickly wiped off a tear before her junior could see her. “I’d love to dance with you.”

And so the two fell into each other's embrace, swaying to the melody of bird’s unique song and windchimes that echoed in the wind.