Part 1

Back Again - Seo Changbin

By the end of my last year here, the school sent me to a contest where each school will send their best student here to compete against each other to see who's better and smarter.

I was walking through the hallway of the college that the contest is taking place. There were many posters about the contest everywhere around the hallway. This college is one of the best ones in Korean and 1st place and 2nd place will be able to attent this college without taking any other test. The school that that it would be a really good opportunity for me.

While I was still walking through the empty hallway, a girl ran straight to me from the back and hit me. We both fell onto the ground. She droppped all her books, of course I didn't care. "Don't you hav eyes? Gosh, look, now you've got dust all over me" I said, getting up.

"Sorry" was all she said. She looked at me. She grabbed all her books and continue to ran away. She seems really familiar was all I could this of. But then I realized that I don't know many people that wears glasses like her so I just forget about it. 

Wait, I have to go to the contest! I quickly ran to the direction she went, because I know for sure that she is here for the contest.

When I went in there, there were so many people from different schools and they definitely look really smart. I looked around and my eyes caught a girl staring at me. It was her, she really does remind me of someone but I can't seem to remember who.

The teachers assigned our seats and gave us the test papers. We had 3 hours to do the test but I only took 15 minutes and finished them all. It was too easy.

When everybody finished their tests, the teachers began to check it. They told us to go wait in the cafeteria, so we can sit and get some food to eat.

I quickly found and empty seat and sat down. Being alone reminds me of when I was younger. "Is this seat empty?" the girl asked.

<>

I was waiting for my mom to come and pick me up, I know that she was pretty busy. and I also knew that it's getting really late now too. I'm here sitting alone at the playground. My one and only friend came and I yelled her name with excitement.

<>

"Minseo!" I yelled, What is this feeling? Happy? Mad? Sad? It's like mixed but at that time I did not have time to think. I just simply said, "sit wherever you want but not here, this seat is not for you" 

I knew I was being mean to her. She does too "You've changed a lot, you're not the Changbin I know. What? Being myself is wrong? She thinks she knows me better than I know myself. 

 After she left, many people came and asked to sit next to me, or just with me and I let them. Later, the teacher called us back to the classroom to tell us the winners.

"2nd place goes to" everyone stayed silence "Kim Minseo! Congratulation. You were so close to the first place! You got 99.5%" everyone applaud but in my eyes, those were fake. They aren't congratuating Minseo. 

"Now the first place" the teacher sighed. "Seo Changbin, 100% congrats" the teachers are probably tired of saying that every year. "You two will be attending this college together for the prize"

"Since when did you become so smart" I said, remembering that she always fail the test. 

"I study had" she said. "And since when did you become a player and being so mean?"

"Non of your business" the teachers then left with the students and there are basically us alone here now. I brushed her off, she grabbed my arms and stopped me.

"I thought we were friends" she said, and I laughed.

"Our friendship ended a long time ago when you threw that necklace I gace you for our anniversary" I said.

"Changbin, no it's a mi-" I stopped her.

"You left me alone" I said.

"But I'm back" she said still trying to keep that smile on her face, so fake.

"So? Leave me alone and don't ever talk to me" I pushed her. "I hate you, Minseo. Can't you see? My life is so much better without you. Why are you even back?" she fell onto the floor.

"Hey, hey. What's going on?" one of the college student came and stopped us from the situation. He probably saw everything. He helped her up.

"It's fine, Jihoon"