Sì.

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man quickly grabbed the papers and placed them back on the table, moving his wheel closer to Lu Han which made the guy take steps backwards.

“Who are you and why are you in my house?” a knife in the man’s hand was what Lu Han was afraid of.

“I-I don’t know why I’m here but I came from the future,” Lu Han held his arms higher, shaking his head in fears. “M-My name is Lu Han.”

“Stop lying and tell me the truth!” the man walked closer with the knife leaned to the innocent guy.

“No, I’m telling the truth!” Lu Han quickly showed the time limit on his left chest. “See? I’ll disappear in three days,” he stopped for a while to see the reaction. “I dyed my hair, you won’t see anyone with this hair around,” he pointed to his light brownish hair, “have you ever seen someone wearing this kind of fashion? Look! It’s Supreme,” he pointed to brand name on his hoodie. “Do you not notice how my accent sounds very different?”

The man in the wheelchair put his knife down on his lap even though his eyes never left Lu Han’s. The pair of his eyes scanned the stranger from head to toe, trying to find anything suspicious. For some reasons he tried to believe since Lu Han didn’t seem to bring anything suspicious like guns or any weapons.

“What’s your name again?” was the first thing Lu Han could hear after almost three minutes of silence.

“Lu Han,” Lu Han put his arms behind his back to deliver a polite bow. “May I know your name, please?”

“Shi Xun,” the man replied, crossing his arms over his chest. “Where are you from?”

“Uh, Beijing? Wait, no, year 2018,” Lu Han wasn’t sure what to answer. “But I was born in 1995.”

“2018?” Shi Xun repeated.

“Yes.”

There was a brief moment of silence before Shi Xun asked again, “are the Japanese people still here?”

“What?” Lu Han furrowed his eyebrows and it took a few seconds for him to realize what Shi Xun meant. “Oh, no, they aren’t. We’ve become a very independent Nation. Everything is so hi-tech, you can do anything with a device– nevermind I didn’t bring my phone.”

Shi Xun only looked at him in mild confusion. Lu Han quickly slammed his lips tight and shook his head.

“Anyway, what year is now?”

“1933,” Shi Xun moved his wheelchair backwards, collecting his drawings.

“1933?” Lu Han repeated, the memory of his family company suddenly hit him like a truck. “Do you, by any chance, know a textile company who’s run by Lu Shen?”

Shi Xun turned his head around, having his eyebrows knitted. “Yes, what about it?”

“Oh my God, is it far from here?” Lu Han ran to the window and was about to open it but Shi Xun grabbed the guy’s hand to stop him. “Lu Shen is my great grandfather, I need to talk to him.”

“You can’t leave this place,” Shi Xun whispered in rather miserable voice, trying so hard to stop Lu Han while he was in a wheelchair. “The Japanese might kill you.”

Lu Han looked down at him in confusion but he stopped himself. Shi Xun released his grip once Lu Han got calm.

“Why would they–” Lu Han let out a long sigh, getting pulled by Shi Xun to the long old wooden couch. The image of Shihou getting angry at him if he ever caused any troubles passed his mind. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“My brother will come home in a while, he knows more than me,” Shi Xun, with a plain unamused expression, told him, “don’t go anywhere, I don’t want to see you for a while now.”

“Okay, I’m sorry for everything,” Lu Han nodded and watched Shi Xun’s back disappearing behind a door accross the room.

Being left in the dining room alone, Lu Han swept his vision around. If he could calculate, he had been here for almost fifteen minutes yet still hadn’t figured out what kind of place this was. Nothing was really catching his attention as the place he was sent to was like a traditional dirty house in some random villages. He bet his wealth the scenery outside was a normal village with similar traditional houses.

Lu Han got up, going to the table where Shi Xun drew. His hands were exploring the papers that the owner left. Lu Han noticed some notable people faces on the papers. They were Genghis Khan and his grandson Kublai Khan, the great musician Mozart, the best author of all time Shakespeares, even the US president Roosevelt.

“This is beautiful,” Lu Han found himself whispering, letting his fingertips touch the pencil texture. “If I could bring these to the present, I would be a billionaire.”

Lu Han left the table, walking around the dining room. There were many pictures framed on the wooden wall and Lu Han was a hundred percent sure those were Shi Xun’s drawings. One drawing that got Lu Han’s attention was a portrait of a family which consisted of a middle aged couple sitting on two chairs, behind them were two young men standing. Lu Han leaned closer to see if one of the young men was Shi Xun and the taller looked a lot like him.

“Is this your brother?”

Right at the moment, the door where Shi Xun left him was slammed open. Lu Han flinched in pure surprise, turning his body around to see a tall man in a suit. He looked like a guy in his late 20s, hair was combed very nicely and looked exactly same with the young man on the frame.

“Who are you?” and his deep voice somewhat made Lu Han feel intimidated.

“I-I,” Lu Han even lost for words.

“Are you the spy that they sent?” the thick eyebrows man grabbed a long log under the table, holding it up.

“Oh God, no, I’m not, I-I’m just a a a normal per–,” Lu Han was too scared to say something properly, his knees gave up on his height and made him fall. He closed his eyes tight as he started regretting his decision to go to the past. This wasn’t what he thought everything would be.

What happened to be nightmare scene in Lu Han’s mind didn’t really happen. When Lu Han slowly opened his eyes, he saw the man and Shi Xun was already beside him, holding onto the taller’s arm tightly as they were talking incoherently. Lu Han carefully got up, holding on the table for support. He never thought that he would collapse in fears like that.

“Traveling time?” the tall man successfully made Lu Han’s heart jump in horror. His deep voice was very frightening if Lu Han had to be honest.

“Y-Yes,” Lu Han nodded, briefly looking up to face the tall latter.

The man, with more calming face, put down the log under the table as he walked towards Lu Han. The door was once closed as Shi Xun left them two without saying anything. Lu Han took a seat on the wooden couch, trying his best to look calm as possible since the man left his weapon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter