Chapter 5

Our Second Chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­Chapter 5

Joy’s POV

To: Seulgi unni

I’m really sorry for not appearing last night, unni. I was called for an emergency by my new boss at the office and I forgot to bring my phone there. Sorry for just informing you right now. I swear I’ll make it up to you soon.

From: Seulgi unni

Don’t worry about it Joy. I was just worried about you last night. Good thing you’re okay.
Talk to you soon.

The morning after that night of the party, I messaged Seulgi unni with a lie. I don’t want them to worry about what happened to me so I decided to go with an excuse I hoped she would believe in – an emergency at the office.

Thinking of everything that happened so far in the past few days, I decided that I will start today. I returned to Korea because of this so I should make a move now if I really want to fix myself. Picking up the notebook inside the bag I brought last night, I remembered the reminder of my doctor in US.

“This notebook is your lifeline for now. Remember that.” That was what my doctor always told me on every counsel with him.

Looking at the hospital address and name of the doctor in Seoul he recommended, I made myself think again. Better start now than experience something worse than fainting in a street so deep in the night. Thinking about what happened to me last night made me realize how dangerous it was.

 

Right now, I am here, currently waiting in line for the doctor’s secretary to call me for my turn. I was lucky enough that I got through a walk-in appointment because of a patient that cancelled her meeting for this morning. What happened last night is just enough warning for me to finally confront my reality. The reality which made me remember that the main reason I came back in Seoul is to ix and mend myself –my broken self together with all the things I left behind.

As I waited for my turn, I busied myself by listening to the news playing in the television –politics, weather, traffic and now entertainment news.

And then, when they mentioned Red Velvet, my ears tingled in curiosity. I closed my eyes, readying myself to look at the group that I was supposed to be part of, when the nurse called my name, “Park Sooyoung-ssi, calling for patient Park Soo Young.” The nurse enunciated my name.

“Hi. I’m Park Sooyoung.” I told her as I reached her desk.

“Good morning Ms. Park, you can now come inside.” The nurse said as she gestured towards the door to the doctor’s room.

I nodded at the nurse before I entered the room.

The room was quite smaller than I expected. Dr. Yook Youngsung, the doctor my uncle has recommended me sat in front, looking at documents I assume to be details about me.

“Good Morning Doc.” My greetings took the attention of the doctor who looks old enough to be my mother. If only I could remember how my mother looked like.

 “Oh my, I’m sorry I didn’t notice. It’s Sooyoung, right?” She greeted with a smile so warm.

“Your uncle is a close friend of my husband, and he has talked about your condition, Sooyoung-a.” I frowned to look at her face’s details as I listened to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter