Chapter 4

Our Second Chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Jungkook’s POV

“Explain it to me.” I told Seulgi noona as I chugged down the bottle of beer in my hands. Noona was sitting on the other side of the sofa we were sitting on, still fidgeting with her phone.

“Noona, I don’t wanna get mad.” I said sternly, earning a squeeze in my arm coming from Jimin hyung who’s still sitting behind me. Yoongi hyung left to find Hobi hyung and Wendy noona, leaving the three of us in this lounge.

Seulgi noona finally looked up from her phone and broke her silence, “Jungkook I’m sorry, okay? I just did what I thought was right.”

I placed the now empty bottle in my hands on the table separating me from Seulgi noona, bracing myself for this conversation. “What you did is right? You know what Sooyoung is to me and you are telling me that?”

“That’s exactly why. If I told you, what would you do with Yeri, huh?”

“Why would you bring up Yerim now? That is totally out of line, noona.”

“Sooyoung’s gone for a year before she started contacting me. You’ve changed every contact address you have by then so it’s not totally my fault you have no idea what’s going on with her.”

“You don’t know what I went through, Noona. Please stop talking like that.”

“I know, Jungkook. I’m just worried about our Yerim. You know about her condition. I swear I won’t let you get away if you break our little girl’s heart.”

“Why would you even think like that? I’m not stupid enough to break someone’s heart for a woman who left me without a single word. All I wanted is to get informed and not be treated like this like I’m a jerk!” I’m feeling so frustrated now that I can’t help but raise my voice at the woman in front me.

Seulgi noona then took out a piece of paper and a pen from her bag and started writing something.

“Fine. I’ll give you Sooyoung’s address and number. If you really wanted to know what happened, then find out yourself. Don’t forget how I warned you.” She told me as she handed the paper before standing up to walk out on us.

That’s when Jimin hyung started talking. “Just understand her please. She’s just concerned about Yerim.”

“I know. I like Yerim and I care for her. Please don’t think of me like that too. And since when did you learn about this thing with Sooyoung?” I can’t handle anymore doubts that they kept giving me. As if I’m going to run my after Sooyoung and leave Yerim. I wouldn’t do that. All I wanted is to know why she left.

“I just heard about it from Seulgi today. I would’ve told you if I knew. I swear.” Jimin hyung defensively answered.

“Okay, I believe you hyung. I better leave now before she arrives here.” I told him as I clutched the paper Seulgi noona gave me and placed it in my pocket.

“And where are you going? I thought you wantedea to meet your friend, why would you leave? And you better remember that we have an evaluation tomorrow.” Hyung reminded and I was well aware of that. I stood up, ready to leave.

“I don’t think I’m ready to meet her yet. All I wanted was to know why she left.”  I told Jimin hyung before I left.

 

Sooyoung’s POV

As I squinted my eyes from the blinding white light, I realized that I’m in a hospital. Looking around, I saw other patients around me in a much more serious condition that I probably were. I didn’t exactly know what happened to me. All I remember was that I was on my way to meet with Seulgi unni. Wait, did I just faint at the sight of a light post?

“Are you awake now, Miss? Can you hear me?” I never noticed the nurse by my side, arriving out of nowhere waving her hand in front of my face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter