Chapter 3

Our Second Chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Sooyoung’s P.O.V.

It was almost 10 pm at the time Seulgi unni called and texted the address for the party they invited me in. Thank God, bus operations in South Korea are until 11 in the evening. I just can’t stand sitting inside a taxi. I’d rather walk miles than get inside a car. I should worry about getting home later on, but for now I'll put the issue aside.

Before I head out, I took my thickest scarf out of the closet and stood in front of my mirror as I wrap it around my neck, covering my skin and the precious necklace around my throat. It was when I stared at myself in the eye, clutching the coat I was wearing, hugging my own body, that I realized how much I’ve changed. I was too thin, the fats in my face nowhere to be seen, replaced by the tightened cheek bones blushing at the coldness of the weather.

I came back to Korea for this reason. I was not improving much health wise. My doctor told me that it ppto try going back to a place where I once belonged. And the place my doctor was implying was South Korea. My thoughts began to wander, getting lost in my mind when the phone in my pocket vibrated.

That snapped out of my thoughts. It was Seulgi eonni, as expected. No one else has my number except for her. I took a deep breath and press the green button in my phone.

“Hello, I’m on my way already.” I lied and I shouldn’t be but I was getting used to these small lies I keep telling.

“Good! Don’t you dare bail on us, alright? We’re here already. Just tell the bouncer the room and password I sent to you in a text. I’ll hang up now! See ya!” Seulgi eonni was practically yelling over the loud bass of music.

I need to get ready for this. Living in US did not help me at all in experiencing social events like these gatherings. It was the complete opposite. I was isolated there. The only people I interact with were my sister, uncle and my doctor.

Lying about not being a shy person anymore seems to be harder than I thought it would be..

 

At 10:15 pm, the bus arrived at the stop I was waiting at. I was almost freezing outside that I was so thankful to the heat the bus provided as I sat in empty seat.

Quickly grabbing my phone from my back pocket, I opened the map application in my phone and typed the address Seulgi eonni sent me. I never realized the club was only two bus stops away from my apartment. I  In the bus stop that I should be getting off to, I should just walk a few meters to turn in a corner of the street where the club is located. I guess this is a secret club or something since as shown in my phone, it looked quite isolated surrounded by non-commercial buildings.

Never realizing where I was, I arrived at my stop quicker than I expected. It was no more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter