Chapter 1/1

The Game that Made Me Fall in Love with You

Just a heads up before you start reading!  This story contains little to no physical violence, absolutely no , and no cursings.
It's very cheesy, not well written, and has plenty of mistakes that I probably missed.
Please do enjoy reading!
Thank you!


 


 

  Wonwoo sat down at his normal spot in the classroom.  He looked at his phone and turned it off.  He hates it when others have their ringers on, so why should he have his on?  He hates double standards, and he hates to get poor grades.  He looked around the class to see it was like a high school homeroom class.  These kids were playing with a foot ball, and the girls were awing at themselves in their compact mirrors.  How long have they been out of high school?  What?  Four years?  And they still act like life is a cloud that won't ever dissipate in their lifetime?

  Wonwoo snickered at the kids and took out his text book.  He opened up to the first chapter.  Today started the new fall semester.  He's going to being a literature teacher, so which class is this?  It's advance literature, why are their kids here that aren't acting serious?  He shook his head and looked at the material.  He'll have to write several poems and literary 'Master Pieces'.

  He closed his book when a foot ball was thrown into his forehead.  He looked up to see the one and only student that has the guts to do this heinous act.  He looked at the one and only Chinese male in the classroom.  Wen JunHui.  He was part of the foot ball team back in high school.

  Wonwoo didn't want to get into a fight with this one on the first day.  They have a bad track record for it.  Every semester it's the same thing.  Let's just call him 'Jun'.  Jun has been a thorn in Wonwoo's side.  Not only does he understand that the other is mad at him for being better in the grades department, but because the teachers have always favored him.  Wonwoo didn't want to seem like the 'smartest' person in the class, but his grades prove he is.  And Jun was jealous.

  Wonwoo stood up from his desk and walked over to the Chinese male.  He put the foot ball on the other's desk and spun his heels.  He casually sat back down.  Before he sat down, the foot ball was thrown against the back of his head.

  The classroom died down.  The chuckles from Jun's team stopped, the awing of the girls has stopped, and all chatter was stopped.  It was so silent that they could hear someone outside the classroom close their locker.

  Wonwoo looked at Jun with stone cold eyes.  Jun had smug eyes.  The stare was intense, the audience could feel it.  Wonwoo just about had it.  He was tired of the other getting his way all the time.  He looked down at his desk.  But, what else does he have than his grades?  Wonwoo reasoned with himself.  He shook his head and opened his text book once again.  He wasn't going to do this, not again.  He's tired of doing work every semester.  He's tired of doing all of Jun's work.  When they get punished, they have to clean up the school.  Let's just say, the younger Chinese male leaves it alone.

  Wonwoo has a kind heart.  Some may say he just gets stepped on, but it's truly just that he has a kind heart.  He could go over there and get into a fist fight and win.  He's won before, back in high school, and he can win now here in college.

  Why did Jun have to pick the same college?  Wonwoo guesses the other asked the same question about him.  It's not like they wanted to be in the same classes, but Wonwoo supposes that Jun changed direction in his life.  Who would want to go to this class?  Someone who either wants to be a literature teacher or obtain easy college credits.  The class offers two credit points, who wouldn't take it?  That's one less class he'd have to take that semester.

   He heard Jun huff.  He noticed Jun smirked.  Wonwoo didn't care what the other was thinking.  It's not his place to care.  He rather just not get into his life at all.  He heard the classroom door open.  He looked up from his book to see his best friend, or the only friend he has in this classroom.

"Mingyu!"  Wonwoo called in a soft tone.

  Mingyu smiled and sat beside him at the two-person table.  He took out some comics.

"They just came out with the next Dragon Ball comic."  Mingyu said, showing the comic book.

"Put those away, it's class time."  Wonwoo teased, receiving a small pout from the younger.

  There was a loud noise coming from Jun and Chan's table.  Wonwoo and Mingyu look up to look at Jun who approached them.  Mingyu looked at Wonwoo, remembering that all first days of the semester, they have a fight.

"You, me, after class, court."  Jun spoke in a broken sentence.

  Wonwoo folds his arms and stands up, showing the Chinese male who is taller.  Wonwoo looked down at the other with a huff.  He put his hands on his hips, and looked up, rolling his eyes.

"How about, no."  Wonwoo spoke.

"Listen, every-body, Wonwoo-ah is scared."  Jun said with a smirk.

"It's 'hyung', Jun-di."  Wonwoo corrected with a Chinese Honorific.

  Jun looked down to the side, biting the inside of his bottom lip in anger.  Wonwoo must have done some studying over the break...   He looked back at the class to see some laughing at the Chinese male.

  Chan stood up and walked up to his Chinese friend.  "Let's make a call then."  Chan spoke.  "If you show up at Jun's house tonight, we'll talk things over about this."  Chan proposed.

  Mingyu looked at Chan with a confused expression.

"If you show up, Jun will stop messing with you, and will never speak to you again this semester."  Chan spoke with a smirk.

  Jun widened his eyes and looked at the younger with questioning eyes.  He was trying to understand the younger, but to his surprise, he couldn't figure him out.

"You up for it boys?"  Jun asked with confidence.  Chan must be up to something.  "I'll get my mom to make some food for us."

  Wonwoo saw that the other kids were watching him, waiting for an answer.  He looked over at Mingyu who shrugged.

"Alright, we'll come by at eight o'clock."  Wonwoo confirmed.

  Chan smirked and sat back down.  Jun followed suit.  Wonwoo sat back down next to Mingyu and watched as the professor came in.

 

 
 

  Wonwoo looked up from his homework.  He saw it was seven in the evening.  He put on a casual denim jacket, and looked at his hair in the mirror.  He combed it before he picked up his wallet.  He picked up his phone, and walked out of his room.  He walked down the few steps that were basically useless, and walked passed the kitchen.

"Young man," His mother called out, "where are you going?"

  Wonwoo smiled at her and held her hands.  "Mingyu-ah and I will be going to stop something.  I don't want it to be like last semester with Jun."  Wonwoo explained before he kissed his short mother's forehead.  He hugged her before leaving.

"Hey! I- Oh, nevermind... Kids these days.."  She chuckled with a smirk before going back to clean the kitchen.

 

 

  Wonwoo stepped onto the sidewalk, seeing that Mingyu was already out there.  Wonwoo walked up to the younger and patted him on the shoulder, gaining the attention of him.  They greet each other before walking along the sidewalk.

  It takes about an hour to walk to Jun's house, that's why they're starting early.  They walk side by side, witnessing the sun going down.  Wonwoo put his hands in his pockets as if it were an awkward drama scene.  On the other hand, Mingyu was just talking away how he liked or disliked the decorations of the houses and stores they passed by.

  Mingyu held out his phone, showing Wonwoo the dog that he just got.  While walking, he accidentally dropped his phone.

"Woops!"  Mingyu said with a laugh.

"Mingyu-ah, you're quite clumsy, you know that?"  Wonwoo said with a smile.

"I know~" Mingyu responded, brushing his screen off.

  They keep walking until they finally reach their destination.  Wonwoo always hated going to Jun's neighborhood.  There were buildings that have been left but now creeps an crawlies live inside.  There are people always roaming the sidewalks past midnight.  It's just not a safe place.

  Wonwoo walks up to the door of the small house.  He knocked on the door, due to there not being any doorbell.  Wonwoo waited, but as he did, he heard screams inside the house; mostly a little girl's scream.  Jun has a little sister that will never shut up.  That's why he's not fazed by the sudden scream of the girl.  He waits and looks at Mingyu, who hasn't gotten used to the screaming yet.

"Don't worry, she gets that way when the door gets knocked on."  Wonwoo explained, but it didn't seem to comfort Mingyu.

  The door opened, revealing Jun with a smirk.  "Come on in boys."  Jun said as he went inside the house, leaving the door open.  Wonwoo and Mingyu walk inside the house.  Wonwoo shut the door, and locked it.  He went upstairs like he knows this place inside and out.

  They get to the one and only room upstairs, Jun's bedroom.  They see that Chan is on a lollipop on Jun's bed.

"You showed up!"  Chan hopped off the bed.

  He walked up to Wonwoo, walking around him and putting his hand on Wonwoo's shoulder after he was done walking around.

"Time to have some fun."  Chan said with a smirk.

  Wonwoo's serious face turned that into a confused face.  "What do you-" Wonwoo’s question was cut off by having a bag put over his head.  Mingyu had the same thing done to him.  These bags then went around the whole body.  Chan punched a hole in the bags for breathing.

  Wonwoo tried looking out, but it was too dark now.  They must have turned off the lights.. Wonwoo tried to rip the hole open more, but the material was too strong.  How did Chan punch a hole in this thing?  Wonwoo kept asking questions that no one, not even himself, could answer.

 


  What felt like hours, they finally were able to get out of the bags.  They notice that they're in a poorly lit room.  It was dark, but they could see things.  Wonwoo looked around, and saw a speaker.  He looked closely at the speaker on the wall and stepped back when it made a noise.  Mingyu looked around.  Wonwoo noticed the other wasn't fazed at all.

  Wonwoo swallowed his spit and looked around.  He noticed the windows were bolted shut, but there was a staircase going down.  He was about to approach them, but the speakers made another noise.

"Ahem, testing, 1 2 3!"  They heard Chan's voice on the speaker.  "This is Lee Chan.  I will be your guide through this torturement!"  Chan said in a happy voice, as if this was just an amusing game he likes to play but never gets to play it.

"You can hear me, I can hear you.  We can interact pretty well."  Chan explained.

"Where are we?"  Wonwoo asked in an almost scared tone.

"That is for me to know, hyung.  First things first, Mingyu, you hear me, right?"  Chan spoke through the microphone.

  Mingyu looked at the speaker.  "Yes, can you see me?"  Mingyu asked in confusion.

Chan chuckled.  "You're smart, Mingyu.  Now, how smart are you?  You know everything about your friend, Wonwoo, am I right?"

  Mingyu looked over at Wonwoo and nodded.

"Well, did you know he's afraid of being trapped in a dark room with only one other person?"  Chan asked.

  Mingyu looked surprised yet confused.  He looked over at Wonwoo once again.  Wonwoo never told him that he was afraid of the dark.  He's never had to tell him, because they've never been in this type of situation.  It begs the question though, why does Chan know?  Wonwoo bit his tongue and picked up a chair.  He walked over to the speaker, regardless of the loud noises it keeps making.  He hits the speaker with the chair at full force, completely knocking it out of the wall.

 


  Jun looked at Chan with a surprised expression.  "Now what?"  Jun asked.  Chan smirked and pressed a button.  The button dimmed the room even more.  Things are still seeable, but it's getting harder.

 



  Wonwoo looks around for the camera that Chan can see Mingyu with.  He spots a vent and climbs up to it.  He tries to see into it, but there wasn't enough lighting.  He grunted and jumped back to the floor.

  Wonwoo sat down on the chair that he used to kill the camera with.  He put his hands through his hair, and tugged vigorously.

"Wonwoo, are you okay?"  Mingyu spoke.

"No, I'm not!"  Wonwoo yelled at him.

  He got up, and went down the stairs, leaving Mingyu alone.


  Chan smirked and his microphone.



"Ah, Wonwoo-hyung.  You've made it to the second stage, but you left your teammate upstairs.  You won't ever see him again, unless he makes it out of the first floor."  Chan explained as he played with some ribbon he found in Jun's room.

"What is this?  A game?"  Wonwoo shouted, looking at the stairs that just closed.

"Yes, hyung, it is.  And I can't wait to see what happens at the end."  Chan sat in his chair correctly.  "Your task on the first floor was to get to basement level one.  Your task on this floor is to find a hidden object to open up basement level two.  You have five minutes until the door on the first floor opens, and allows Mingyu to play the other part of the game.  There, you two will eventually meet, if you're friendship level is remarkably high.  That'll be all~"  Chan turned off his microphone.

  Wonwoo heard the noise of the microphone turning off.  He scowled and looked around.  Hidden object?  What am I looking for? Wonwoo asked in his mind as he was turning over everything, picking everything up just in case that was the said item.

"Chan, what am I looking for?"  Wonwoo shouted as he through boxes around.

 

  Jun folded his eyes, watching Wonwoo be so pathetic.  In the classroom he's so organized, and here he's a total mess.  He turned a total 180°.  Jun pressed a button on Chan's keyboard.  The button caused an opening between the floors, making boxes fall on Wonwoo's head.

"Ge, we aren't trying to kill him."  Chan chuckled.

"Too bad, Chan-di, who said we are killing him."  Jun smirked.

 


  Wonwoo stood up, and noticed the clock turned to the next five minutes already.  Wonwoo suspects the door just opened up for Mingyu, but he doesn't quite understand what Chan and Jun are up to.

 


  Mingyu sees a bright light.  A door had opened up.  He walked through, seeing a room full of Wonwoo pictures.

"Mingyu!  My favorite of the two!  Welcome to the Wonwoo Photo Studio!  Here are multiple pictures of Wonwoo.  They were faces he's made at you at all of your jokes, talkings, and actions.  You must choose the photo where he is giving you a genuine face."  Chan explained the rules.  "You have five minutes to find the said picture in all 250 images that are posted on the room's wall.  If you succeed, you go to basement level one where Wonwoo is currently at.  If you lose, another door will open up.  Good luck!"  Chan turned off the microphone.

"A genuine face?  Is he saying that he's lied to me before?"

 


  Jun unfolded his arms.  "Chan, he can just rip off the whole wall of photos."  Jun spoke.

"Oh yeah!  Hold on then!"

  Chan turned the microphone back on.  "Oh!  There's one last rule!  You can only pick out 30 of the 250 pictures on the wall, got it?"  Chan spoke.

 


  Mingyu nodded and looked through the photos.  All of them suddenly didn't look genuine like they did at the time.  He frowned as he found himself at the end of the wall.  He walked back to the beginning, not finding anything convincing.

  Chan smirked and turned his attention back to Wonwoo.  He'd found the hidden object, opening the stairs to the next basement level.

"Ahem, this is your favorite maknae in the class, Chan.  You are now on basement level two.  This is the room where you most likely will be until Mingyu comes in there.  You will have to find reasons why your friends with Mingyu in the first place, and write them down on the wall.  Don't worry about graffiti, it's alright."  Chan spoke through the microphone.
 

  Wonwoo looked around.  He saw a sharpie, and a blank, white wall.  No boarded windows, shelves, boxes, or tables.  He walked up to the said wall, and picked up the sharpie that was on the floor.  He began writing.  He was writing reasons that he wouldn't want to leave Mingyu as well.

 



  Chan was surprised at some of the reasons, and how they sounded.  He looked at Jun who was reading them as well.  They looked at each other and back at the screen.  Wonwoo kept writing until the wall was filled up.  Wonwoo didn't write in a small font, but it wasn't big either.  He wrote from where he could reach and then to the bottom.

  Chan looked with a mad face.  "This was supposed to take more than twenty minutes, and it's only been five minutes!"  Chan complained as he banged on the table he shook his head and the microphone.

"Alright, Wonwoo, you win basement level two.  You get to advance to basement level three.  Go down the stairs to make it there.  I need to focus on Mingyu for a little while, so just stay on the steps for a few minutes."  Chan explained before turning to the other room's camera.

 

 

 

  Mingyu picked thirty pictures.  None of them were right, so the door had opened up when the fifth minute passed.  He walked through the door, and saw stairs.  He was confused and waited for Chan to speak.  Because Chan was focused on Wonwoo, it took an additional three minutes for him to respond.

"Sorry, Wonwoo is being a pain.  Lovely Mingyu, you didn't find the right picture.. It wasn't really fair, because all of them were the right picture.  So I'm letting you go to basement level one.  If you notice above, the stairs to the first level is closed.  You are where Wonwoo was standing when he went down the stairs.  Now, when you go down, find the hidden object.  If Wonwoo was nice enough, it should be laying out in plain sight."

  Mingyu followed the instructions, and went down the stairs. He saw that the place was a total mess.  Wonwoo must have been truly upset.  Mingyu tries to locate the said item, but everything is jumbled together.  He picks up everything, hoping that he might get his hands on the item soon enough.  And like magic, it took only two minutes of grabbing everything for the door to open.

  The hidden object was a pencil that had the letter 'J' on it.  Mingyu assumed that this must have been Jun's pencil.

  Chan kept the door closed.

"Wait inside this room for a moment, Wonwoo advanced to the third level faster than I expected."

  Mingyu sat beside the door, and looked around, waiting for his turn.  They should have been more organized with this... Mingyu thought.

 


"Alright!  Congrats, Wonwoo, you finished the game.  You will wait in the room until Mingyu reaches you.  Once he does, there will be a surprise."  Chan smirked.

 


"What's the surprise?"  Jun asked.

"You'll see.. It'll make Wonwoo hate Mingyu forever."  Chan chuckled.

 

 

  Wonwoo sat down in the room, right in the middle.  He looked up at the one light.  It was making him shake and twitch.  Not only does he hate being made a fool, but he hates sitting in a dark room.  He hates the thought of being a prisoner or some player that someone else could control.  Once he busts out of this place, Jun is going to get his bootay kicked.

 

"Mingyu, can you hear me?"  Chan spoke, earning a nod from the other, "good.  This next room is going to confuse you.  Wonwoo was in it awhile ago.  It has all of his secrets he's been keeping from you.  Once you read all of it, you will continue to the next stage, where you will meet Wonwoo."  Chan continued.

 

 


"Hyung.. I think my plan needed more thought.  I'm sorry if it doesn't work."

"It's fine Chan, Chan.  I got to see Wonwoo agrivated."  Jun responded.

 

 


  Mingyu walked into the next room.  He read what was on the wall.  He read what Wonwoo wrote on the wall just ten or fifteen minutes ago.  It was reasons on why he became friends with Mingyu.  At first, there were selfish reasons that almost made Mingyu furrow his eyebrows.  But then, there were more reasons that showed his realization.  He stopped at the end of the wall.  There were weird things posted there.

  Mingyu knows it was Wonwoo who wrote it, the style and attitude in all of the characters showed clearly: This is Wonwoo.

  He reads one: "I love Mingyu because he's always there for me.  I wouldn't replace him if you offered me more life," and another, "I want to spend the rest of my life with him.  Me and Mingyu.  There's no one in the world I want other than him."

  Mingyu reads more love confessions.  He didn't know what to think, but he wants to ask questions to the older.  Mingyu walked to the door and it opened, revealing Wonwoo who was lying in the middle of the dungeon-lit room.

"Wonwoo!"  Mingyu ran to him.

  Mingyu isn't a squimp, but anyone would be rather scared if they were suddenly bagged, stuffed in a dark buidling, and alone.  Mingyu hugged the older, making sure Wonwoo couldn't get aways from him.

"Wonwoo,"  Mingyu started, "you said.. you loved me.."  Mingyu was trying to find the confidence to say something about it.

  Truthfully Wonwoo was never ever going to tell the other about his heart-filled feelings.  He didn't want it to be awkward between them.  He was just going to be single and around the other all of his life.

"Yes, I'm sorry I kept it from you."  Wonwoo looked down and to the side.

"I-I never have fallen in love with a boy before..."  Mingyu pouted.

  Wonwoo sighed, "I know, it's not a normal thing.  I'll try to let go of my feelings..."  Wonwoo started to feel better since the other was in the room with him.

  Mingyu shook his head.  "Aren't you a genius?  What did I just say?"  Mingyu chuckled.

  Wonwoo looked down at him with confusion.  "With all what you said about me on that wall, how could I not fall in love with you.  Here I thought when Chan meant secrets, that you actually didn't like me at all!"  Mingyu laughed.

  Wonwoo silently laughed along with him.  "May I kiss you?"  Wonwoo asked.

  Mingyu pretended to think for a moment with his hands on hips.  After a minute, he laughed.  "Yeah..."  Mingyu smirked and looked up at the camera that was placed right in the corner.

"But the chicks will like watching us, if Jun posts it."  Mingyu whispered before he pulled Wonwoo's collar into a kiss.

  Wonwoo kissed the other back passionately, not  leaving one but of love out of it.  The kiss continues for about a minute or two before the break to get air.  They both laugh as they sit on the floor.


 

"Man... I played Cupid..."  Chan cursed himself.

"So, what were you going to show them again?"  Jun asked.

"It doesn't matter.. but it was a picture of him and me at the arcade."  Chan gave his cat-eye smile.

 

"Ugh.. Well, we have to keep the promise to not bother them..."  Jun said with a sigh.

 

 


"That doesn't mean we can't bother him next semester~" Chan said with a devilish smirk.






 


Thank you for reading!  I'm sorry if the story , I promise to try better with the next one. 

Please look forward to the 30th, I will be posting up a chaptered JeonghCheol fic.  I love that couple the most in Seventeen, and I haven't even published a fic about it yet! 

Thank you all again,

                   Charlot1081