fifty

Hot Chocolate

Video chatting with Chaeyoung 💛 

“Hey, Minari, how’s the café tonight?”

“Hi, it’s–wait, shouldn’t you be sleeping though? Isn’t it around 1AM there? Have you slept yet?”

“Someone’s worried.”

“Oh, shush. Why are you still up?”

“I set an alarm because this is around the time your ex walks in back there.”

“Wait, really? You didn’t have to do that.”

“Gratitude would suffice.”

“Sorry, I really appreciate this, you know that, right? Thank you, really. I don’t even know what to say. But I’m just worried about you because you have to be up early again tomorrow.”

“Sleep is for the weak. I got this.”

“Hey, you need to get rest though.”

“I’ll just stick around until your ex comes in. I think I can stay up for a few more minutes. Are you allowed to call when you’re working?”

“Yeah, I’m the manager. Unless the owner’s here, I can pretty much do what I want.”

“Ooh, that’s my girl. How was your day so far?”

“After the flowers this morning, nothing’s been able to ruin my mood–wait, my ex just walked in. I’ll just put my phone down, alright? Give me a minute.”

“Sure. I’m not going anywhere.”

Hey, Mina. Girlfriend’s not back yet?”

“May I take your order?”

“Let me take you out after.”

“No. Are you going to order?”

“I miss you. Honey, I know what I did was , but come on, can’t you please give me another chance?”

“I’m done with you. Can’t you understand that? I’m much happier now with Chaeyoung than I ever was with you. So if you’re not going to order anything, please step out.”

“You’re not supposed to talk to paying customers like that.”

“You’re not supposed to sleep with your girlfriend’s brother, but hey, sometimes we make exceptions, right?”

“I didn’t mean it.”

“How the hell did you not mean to sleep with my brother? You want to try how good the best of both worlds are? Well, congrats. How does it feel to finally reach your goal?”

“I’m sorry, okay? I already told you I was drunk, I had no idea what happened. How many times do I have to apologize?”

“Seriously, just order and leave. I don’t want your apology.”

“Just give me a chance. I’m way better than your new girl.”

“Oh, please. She’s way better than you in every aspect.”

“Not good enough for you to stay loyal though, huh? Pretty sure she didn’t give you that hickey over there since she’s not around. You’re not very good at covering up.”

“ off.”

“That’s not very ladylike, Mina.”

“Are you going to order or not? There are customers. I’m at work and I’m not arguing with you right now.”

“You’ll want me back. I’m not giving up on you.”

“Cute. Order.”

“Just brewed coffee.”

“…”

“Chaeng, still there?”

“Yup. You alright, Ms. Manager?”

“Just really annoyed. I’m sorry.”

“Hey, don’t let her get to you, okay? She’s not worth it. You, on the other hand, are worth more than anything in this world.”

“You’re a loser, you know that?”

“If being a loser means that I get to be your girl twice in 24 hours because we’re in two different time zones, then I’d gladly take the title.”