Chapter 1

Thus kindly I scatter

Years later

Now, the baby girl already grown into a beautiful silver haired woman. The knight that found her, raise her with his comrade. They taught her how to survive alone in forest, or the worst, war. She take a liking at katana, so she make and use her own katana. And when she ten years old, she start to serve the kingdom to repay all of their kindness, and by the king request, she become a bodyguard for the princess. 

She wear her uniform (the one in the cover)  then walk to the princess chamber. Being a katana user, her footsteps is soundless and her aura is mysterious. It's almost make everyone scared to her. But that didn't stop some maids to give her a smile when they passing each other. She reply with a firm nod.

Knock knock

"princess, my apologies for waking you up but it's already time for breakfast." she say with her deep voice after she knock the door. 

After few minutes with no response, she just sigh and open the door. She greeted by a familiar sight, the princess's sleep form. 

She whisper to herself, "my my, she's still a heavy sleeper." 

With the most gentle shook, she try to wake up the princess. 

"princess, please wake up"

"hmm... "

"breakfast is ready"

"..huuh?..byul-ah?"

After years of serving the princess. There is no doubt that there is a best-friendship-bond (yongsun keep calling it like that) between them. But still, it's a little secret just between them. In front of the other, they are just a princess and a bodyguard. But it's different when they're alone. They will chat, play and even messing with each other. Like what you normaly do when you're with your friend. But 'Byul-ah' keep calling Yongsun with 'Princess' (Much to Yongsun annoyance). You know, formalities die hard--- I mean, old habits die hard. 

"come on princess, get up and go to the dining room, I'm sure Your Majesty already waiting you." she lowered her mask and smile to her. 

"*yawn* didn't I say that you can call me yongsun when we're alone?" Yongsun rubs her eyes and pouting to her friend. 

The katana user can't help but giggle when she sees that pouting face. 'even tho she's older than me, she looked like a pouting 5-years-old girl,' 

"Alright alright, my bad. But really, you have to get up. " Byulyi start to help Yongsun get up from her bed and leave her to change her clothes. 

Byul put her mask again as she wait Yongsun to come out from her chamber. After 10 minutes, she come out with her yellow dress, her favorite dress. She smile to Byul, "Leggo!" then giggled. Byul just following her soundlessly.

---------------------

Yongsun and Byul finally arrived at the dining room. Byul push the door and let Yongsun enter the dining room. 

"Ah finally, you're here my daughter." The King and his wife smile to their one and only daughter. Yongsun smile and greet her parents with "good morning" and a hug. She walk to her chair then sit down before she told Byul to take a sit and eat with her.

"It's alright princess, I can eat later" is what she say as she stand behind her. Yongsun pouting again and mumbling something about Byul never eat with her.

"Ah, before I forget. Yongsun, my sweetheart, tonight there will be masquerade party at the hall. I would like it if you make you presence there. " The King smile to his daughter.

"And maybe you will meet your someone there" Her mother wink at her and giggling slightly.

"mother~" Yongsun start whining to her mother. 

And then, the rest of their breakfast filled with her parent's laughter and Yongsun's whining. 

-----------------

"Here"

Yongsun and her bodyguard are walking around garden. And suddenly, yongsun offer byul a slice of bread that her brought from dining room. Byul looked slightly shocked from the offer. 

"ah, no princess. It's okay. You can eat it." But yongsun shake her head and keep offering it

"Come on Byul, eat it. I bring it for you" She take byul's hand and place the bread on her palm. 

Byul stared at the bread then smiling to the princess. 'my princess is so kind'

"Thanks, Yongsun"

'i-its the first time she called me with my name... It's sounded heavenly in my ears.. ' Yongsun's cheek gained some red color after hearing her name from her friend. Her gaze keep locked at her friend. Byul already finished her bread and caught yongsun stared at her. 

"something's wrong?" 

"A-ah, it's nothing byul-ah, just.. It's the first time you called me yongsun."

Byul smiled, 'and cute too'

Finally, they arrived at their favorite spot. It's a rose garden with a fish pond in the middle. When they're around 13 years old, they like to play in here. From hide and seek to chasing each other. They're really happy that time. 

Yongsun sit on a nearby bench and pat the space beside her. 

"Come on, don't tell me that you're gonna standing there as long as I admiring the garden."

 

*silence*

"Oh come on, byul-ah!"

The bodyguard just giggled,

"okay Fine, I will sit. Just because I can admiring your beauty easier if I sit."

"Greasy!"