The First Detour of Many

For The Universe

The S.S. Exodus is a top of the line space ship. The sleek black design is ideal for covert operations, hidden cannons fully loaded on the underbelly of the ship are some of the most powerful in the universe. Inside is perfectly modeled for a crew of five, with room for at least two more occupants. It handles like a breeze, even a mediocre pilot like Kyungsoo can fly it with ease.  

 

The only problem is the fuel gage and the emergency crash system. Both of which had been removed to make room for military software. The ability to communicate with the official base on Postea was an essential that had no room on a standard civilian space craft, which of course would be no problem had they been normal civilians. This is not the case. 

 

“We’ve passed the Owina galaxy, we’re in Sasori now.” Junmyeon announced, standing up from the pilots chair “We Can dock on Inora, it’s one of our colonies” he staggers, “Can you take over, Kyungsoo. I’m tired” 

 

“Sure, go on and sleep. I think Baekhyun made food. You should eat” Kyungsoo replies, slipping into the pilot chair. 

 

“What’d he make?” 

 

“I’m not sure some sort of freeze dried food from the Milky Way. He calls it Raymond or something.” he answers, buckling himself into the seat and glancing at the settings “Hey my dad is stationed in this system” he adds with a smile 

 

“Hey Baekhyun, Kyungsoo says you made Raymond” Junmyeon calls out, slinking into the small kitchen space. 

 

“It’s called ramen, you heathens!” Baekhyun shouts “Come, sit Jun.” 

 

“Ramen?” Yifan asks, sitting in the copilot seat 

 

Kyungsoo shrugs, watching a storm brew on a planet beside them “It’s like Luma soup. It’s spicy” 

 

“Does it have the lizard eyes? That’s my favorite part” 

 

Kyungsoo scoffs “I wish, it had fungus in it” 

 

“They’re called mushrooms!” 

 

“Go on and eat, I got everything covered here” Kyungsoo says, steering the ship away from a meteor 

 

Yifan nods “Wake me up when you’re feeling tired. Junmyeon’s been flying since we left Syek” 

 

“Got it, Commander Wu” Kyungsoo gives him a lazy salute, Yifan chuckles before joining the other two in the kitchen 

 

“There’s works in this soup!” 

 

“They’re noodles!” 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s ability to stay up for impressive amounts of time came from his teenage days of sneaking out to go watch the stars in the roof of his home. He had spent hours watching them twinkle up above, would sneak back to his room just before he had to get up and go to the military academy. 

 

He had been flying the ship for just over five hours when the tremors started, they began as small shakes towards the tail and slowly escalated to uncontrollable quakes over the entire ship. “What the hell?” He shouts, trying to regain control over the shaking. Instantly all other members of the crew come barreling into the cabin, all in different states of dress. 

 

Junmyeon’s still in his pilot gear, having had fallen asleep in it, his hair sticks up on one side as he barrels to the pilot chair “Whats going on?” 

 

“I don’t know, the ship just started shaking!” 

 

“Did you hit an asteroid?” Minseok asks, wearing sweatpants and a tight tank top. Had they not been in a state of panic, Kyungsoo would’ve been shocked to see and entirely mechanic left arm attached to Minseok’s torso, but as the sturdy and quite build man stares Kyungsoo deeply in the eyes with those frightening black eyes the Postean stutters out a meek “No, Sir” 

 

“If I die my parent will be suing the Ivory Federation!” Baekhyun screams, as he buckled himself into a chair, completely except for a pair of bright pink underwear.

 

“Everyone strap in.” Yifan commands, slipping into his own chair “How far away are we from Inora?” 

 

“Six thousand, five hundred and sixty two miles” Kyungsoo replies, pulling on the steering control “We’re losing momentum, and fast” 

 

“We’re out of fuel” Junmyeon almost laughs “It’s okay, once we run out we anchor down to a meteor call for help” 

 

“Unless we get caught in that meteor shower just six miles to our left” Minseok says “we need to land, it doesn’t matter where. Or else this mission ends in twenty minutes” 

 

“Why twenty minutes?” Baekhyun whimpers

 

“That’s the estimated time it’ll take for the meteors to reach us, pummel our ship and rip it open. That’s seventeen minutes. After that it’d take three for all of us to freeze or implode in open space” 

 

“Okay, let’s land please” Baekhyun turns towards Kyungsoo

 

“The nearest place is Luna 18” 

 

“No, that’s an active war zone” Yifan replies hastily 

 

“Frankly, we don’t have much of a choice” Minseok says, looking down at his tablet 

 

“Okay, Luna 18 it is. Junmyeon can you help me out” Kyungsoo asks, pushing the nitro booster button, to hopefully give them one more burst of speed to get them to the moon. 

 

Junmyeon straps himself into the copilot chair “once the nitro booster kicks in it’ll barely get us through the atmosphere, we’ll crash into the moon from there, everyone brace yourselves for impact” 

 

With a deep breath Kyungsoo engages the booster, making the entire ship lurch forward. The atmosphere in the moon is oddly thick, uncommon for moons. It makes the ship groan as it pulls itself through. Once they break through the ship free falls into the black ground below. 

 

 

 

 

“Hey. Get up” 

 

“Get up!” 

 

“Oh my god.. he dead.” 

 

“He’s not dead he has a pulse” 

 

“Get up Kyungsoo!” 

 

“General Do Kyungsoo! This is your commander in chief demanding you get up!” 

 

With a groan Kyungsoo pulls his face off the steering wheel. The pain hits him instantly. His chest aches as he coughs up blood and maybe a tooth. “” he groans

 

“Be careful, you probably have a mild concussion” Minseok’s cold steel arm helps Kyungsoo get unbuckled. He hesitantly touches his own face, the blood caked on it could be from his nose or his mouth. He can’t really tell. 

 

“Did we land?” Kyungsoo asks

 

“Very loudly” Yifan replies, from the navigation table, where he busily rips out chunks of wires and mother boards “We need to evacuate the ship immediately and find Ivory troops, anyone could stumble upon our ships and slaughter us. So get up and pack the bare essentials. Don’t leave any information about the mission, destroy it or bring it with you. We have to be out of here in an hour” 

 

“I’m gonna give you a shot of medicine. It’ll help you pull through this before I can actually treat your wounds” Minseok says, pulling down Kyungsoo’s collar and pressing a needle against his flesh 

 

“Okay, just countdown. I’m kind of scared of n-“ 

 

“I’m doing it now” Minseok replies bluntly, as he suddenly pushes the syringe down. The uncomfortable feeling of the thick medicine being pushed into his blood stream makes Kyungsoo queasy at first. Once it wears off though, he can feel his fingers again and breathe a bit easier. 

 

“What is this stuff?” 

 

“Medicine” Minseok answers, before turning and leaving “Hurry up and pack, it’ll wear off in two hours time” 

 

 

 

They leave in exactly forty minutes, everyone dressed in black attire, each carrying a medium sized pack on their backs. What data regarding their quest they couldn’t carry had been crushed to smithereens. They hiked for nearly an hour before finding an abandoned underground cavern in a muddy trench. The cramped space left little room to stretch out, but it allowed them to sit down and rest. 

 

“So what’s the plan now? Where are all your troops?” Baekhyun asks as he sips from a canteen of water. 

 

“I have no idea. The last I heard about this moon we had the advantage, I’m guessing that’s not the case anymore. We just need to find a way out of this moon.” 

 

“The ship can be repaired, but that would take far too long. Our best bet is to look for another ship and seize it.” Minseok mumbles as he lathers a thick cream in the yellow bruise on Kyungsoo’s chest 

 

“How do we do that?” Kyungsoo winces at the sudden sting from the ointment 

 

“We go out in pairs to scavenge for materials and look for a ship. No more than an hour at a time and no more than two people out at a time. If things went south here we absolutely cannot be spotted” Junmyeon sighs

 

“That’s a good plan.” Yifan nods “But for now, we rest.”

 

A/N: I didn’t proofread sorry! Also EEE guess who just got their in diploma... THIS   R I G H T HERE!!! I’m so proud of myself, I had to drop out off high school a year ago, which bc I was an AP student with straight A’s and had a scholarship lined up. But I’m still out here getting my education and . Anyway follow your dreams or whateva