I Have No Confidence (The Beginning)

Enough

It all started when Sehun had entered his first year in High School. As his first day began, he was automatically paired up with someone from upper-class for his freshmen orientation. As Sehun had waited, he realized that a tall, slightly built upperclassman was walking towards him.

        "Hey, You're...Oh, Sehun right? I'm Park Chanyeol. I'll help you around today to help you get familiar with everything." said the ladder, barely giving any chance for Sehun to speak and he quickly dragged the fifteen-year-old fetus quickly into a building.

As they walked around, Sehun saw other pairs that were getting along together as they were constantly talking. However, he himself was a quiet type and so did his partner seem to be so too. After a few minutes of walking, they approached large double doors. Sehun's eyes widened slightly as he continued to stare at the doors.

        "Uh...So what's—" Sehun was cut off when he turned his head, only to see a bright grin on Chanyeol's face.
        "This is my favorite room. Music. I'll skip all the other rooms because honestly, they're just typical classrooms. We'll go back to those later."

Chanyeol swung the doors open and dragged Sehun inside and immediately, his eyes scanned the many people and instruments that filled the room. In one corner was a group of students who played brass instruments. In another, students who played strings. The third, students who play wind and percussion. But right in the middle was a tiered choir stand seated on by eleven students. While Chanyeol easily strode his way towards the group, Sehun's eyes locked on one person in particular. Sehun could see that he was much taller than this new crush, which he found adorable. He took in every detail he could until he was interrupted with Chanyeol's "Yo!," and he walked towards the stand.

        "Let me introduce you to my friends! These are the coolest guys you could ever meet."
        " First, we got here is Minseok. He's all our senior. The oldest, to be exact. Next, we have Luhan. He's an exchange student from China. He's also our senior, same age as Minseok. Then we got Fanfan, Wu Yifan. Dragon boy. He's also a senior, ut an age younger than the two grandpa's I mentioned earlier, also another exchange student. Except this one is from Canada. Big Bieber fan, if you know what I mean." 
Chanyeol let out a chuckle as Kris had started to beat up the brat for teasing him.
        "His equal is Junmyeon. He's a lot nicer, as long as you don't mention his...ahem black card ahem.." Chanyeol starts laughing as he starts to get beat up once more, Sehun slowly losing his interest.
        "The next two we have are Yixing, Chinese exchange student, and Baekhyun................." As Sehun heard Baekhyun's name, his eyes brightened as he realized that was the name of the male he locked his eyes on when he first glanced at the group. Later on, Sehun learned about the rest: Chen, Kyungsoo, Zi Tao, and Sehun's equal Jongin.

Easily, the twelve got along with no problem, allowing Sehun to make friends easily on his first day there. However, he could not find the courage to speak to Baekhyun so instead, he would avoid his senior of two years. After the whole day, Chanyeol and Sehun both felt drained as they had to walk around the entire campus which wasn't the smallest since it specialized in a majority of dance, sing, and modeling yet it still focused on general education in a whole separate building.

The two had started walking home and they realized that they lived on the same block which meant the two would be walking together after school every day. Sehun was slightly excited, he would rather prefer to be accompanied by Baekhyun though.

        "Hey, since we live near each other, Chanyeol., why don't we got to school and come back home together?" Sehun had suggested, only receiving a nod from the ladder until he noticed that Chanyeol was texting the whole time.
        "Can you keep a secret, Sehun?"
        "Of course I can."
        "I'm dating a girl. Her name's Seung-wan. Or her friends and I call her Wendy. None of the guys know except for you. And I trust you. Let's be best friends, yeah?"

Sehun's head nodded, the thought of having a best friend contenting him for the rest of his high school life. Ever since that first day they met, the two have been inseparable. He was constantly covering for Chanyeol when he had promised his girlfriend to go out or do something together instead of hanging out with their friends. Or he was making lies, saying that Chanyeol had family business to handle, music to write, projects, etc. By the time Sehun's seniors had graduated two by two, up next were both him and Jongin. As you can expect, a whole row of men, stood up and screamed and they cheered on their youngest group members for graduating high school. That night, they all decided to hang out, getting drunk back at Junmyeon's condo while they all gathered around a small table grill enjoying each other's company. Luckily for Sehun, by the end of the night, Baekhyun became totally wasted, his neediness and whininess coming through. Baekhyun immediately clung himself onto Sehun, his breath reeking of alcohol as he spoke to him.

        "Hey, you! How come you always avoid me? I want to be really close to you, Se...Sehunnie. Ah, no no. Sehun works better!" Sehun's face scrunched up as he didn't drink much, a small chuckle escaping his lips before he tried to casually hug the smaller male. He could feel his face flushing red as he realized what he was doing, keeping silent until a whiny Baekhyun began stomping as he wanted an answer, but all that came out from Sehun was an "I don't know."

Despite the answer he had given Baekhyun, Sehun had wished he had the confidence to say, "Because I love you hyung. I had fallen in love with you since the day I met you."


a/n; Hi guys. Thank you for subscribing and I did promise a chapter today. I basically wanted the first chapter to explain how they all met and how Chanyeol and Sehun became friends. Recently, I've been really hooked onto Exo's Been Through and Sweet Lies. I felt like building a story around the two songs. I felt like I should start a writing schedule so that you guys know when to expect new updates. Maybe every two days, I'm not quite sure, but I will post my schedule soon so make sure to be on a lookout for that in my blogs. Let me know what you guys think so far in the comment box below and I'll try to reply to each of you! Thanks for reading! Subscribe and share the story as well!