I Didn’t Want to Let You Go

Twelve Months, You’re Beautiful

The doorbell kept ringing, making the blondie irritated. 

 

"FOR GOD SHAKES STOP RINGING THE DAMN DOOR! I'M COMING DAMNIT!" He slid across the floor, walked down a few steps and swung the door open with an angry look, well until his eyes laid upon the man who looked as mad as a bear. His face frowned with fear. 

 

"BamBam...you're back, he's not here...so..." He slowly tried to close the door, but the unruly visitor stuck his foot in the door frame. 

 

"Bull Jackson!" He pushed his way through slamming the man into the wall like it was nothing. Jackson wimped. "Damnit, it's only a Tuesday, why all the fuss now!" He rushed to follow him, "Right the door." Well after he closed the front door behind him. 

 

Jinyoung sat staring at old photos, smiling at the most memorable ones, mostly the ones where Mark was smiling. He was giddy every time he thought about the other, it was enough to make his brain dizzy and his heart tired from beating so fast. 

 

BamBam slammed the door opened, Jinyoung sighed like he knew this was coming. "And what the hell is a gang leader doing in my office?" The pale faced pretty boy smirked, dropping his in a chair in front of Jinyoung's desk.

 

"What happened to the casino, why are you taking business out of our territory, we had a deal." Jinyoung nodded his head, keeping a straight face, "Deals change, what of it?"

 

BamBam stomped his feet on the marble flooring, "Well for Christ sakes tell somebody damnit! Give me back the casino that we made an argument on!" Jinyoung laughed a vicious laugh, making the lad scared.

 

"Stop your illegal drug dealing, and I might consider, when I made the deal, I think I specifically told you not to do anything illegal on my property. You're here to argue about a deal you couldn't hold up, and frankly you're wasting my time." He poured a glass of bourbon. BamBam stood up sweating, "H-How did you know—" Jinyoung slammed the cup down.

 

"Leave before I lose my temper, you have 48 hours to get rid of all the illegal gambling, selling, and drug dealing you've set up in that area." Jackson rushed in as BamBam left out. The blonde friend laughed as he pointed at the gangster.

 

"Well damn son, way to put him in his place." Jinyoung sighed. Jackson cruised to a chair as he held up a number. "I didn't think I'd see this number again..." Jinyoung nodded, his focus shifting onto the bourbon in his hand.

 

"Did he call you again?" The younger man sat down, not responding to the question.

 

"I guess I shouldn't bring up the past, but you know you'll eventually have to see him again before you can really move on." He smirked. 

 

"I wish that was simple, but the way he is...he wouldn't just let me leave. We never loved each other, but he's so damn persistent in keeping me in his grasp, but why? It was him who told me not to come back, so why is he calling me now..."

 

Jackson sighed shaking his head as he shoved his hands into his pant's pockets, "Let's hope this doesn't turn into a business war, I would hate for our company to destroy their assets."

 

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I walked back and fourth, pacing rapidly as I stared at the crumpled up piece of paper. Sweat trickled down my forehead. ". I forgot to call him when I got home."

 

I shrieked at the thought of him coming to find me with a gang of men behind him, or maybe that's just my wild imagination speaking since I had two cups of coffee with extra sugar and cream already.

 

I finally sighed slamming my phone and paper on my desk. "What the hell am I antsy about...he's not even a person I care to know about, and why should I even call him, pfff, he's my stalker for Christ sakes!"

 

I ended up dialing the number anyways, and unfortunately he answered right away.

 

"Hello?" My voice shook with anxiety.

 

"So you finally decided to call, I was just about to drive over there." 

 

"Well, I'm perfectly fine, so please don't do that."

 

"Then let's hang out."

 

"You're really bold for a stalker."

 

"And you're really crazy for engaging with one." Mark huffed. "Not funny."

 

"Then let's hang out."

 

"You're really persistent aren't you?" Jinyoung grew quiet.

 

"Does that bother you?" I was taken aback, I didn't have an answer to what he was asking.

 

"Mark?" I hung up. That sent chills down my back. He was a stalker and yet I haven't filed a police report, or left the country, or something to get him off my trail, so...was I really bothered by his presence. Sadly, I didn't have an answer. What did I really feel towards this man? I honestly do not know. I didn't know if I was actually willingly letting him bother me, or if I was just as much intrigued in him as he was too me. I knew deep down I didn't want him to leave me alone, but I just can't accept the fact that I may like this stalker of mine, just a tad bit. 

 

It was a peaceful Saturday morning, I didn't have work or anything to do today, so after getting dressed I just stayed cooped up in my tiny apartment, taking a long nap, that in more ways than one I didn't want to wake from. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Jinyoung sighed with a sad tint to his tone. Jackson looked his way as he watched the other drive. 

 

"I'm guessing the other refused your offer?"

 

"You weren't listening to my conversation?" Jackson chuckled, "Hell no, that's an invasion of privacy right? I'll wait for you to elaborate." Jinyoung giggled, but it didn't last too long. 

 

"Do you think I'm causing more harm than good by doing this?" 

 

"You mean chasing your childhood sweetheart around?" Jinyoung scrunched up his nose at the name but nodded nonetheless. Jackson chuckled.

 

"I thought about Jaebum... his persistence in keeping me captive in his disgusting grasps was always too much for me to handle, and when I think about the fact that Mark might actually hate me, or find me as a disturbance in his life...I don't want to be like that too him...I want him to want me the same way I want him."

 

Jackson smiled softly, "That's a lot of wants, but it's actually nice to hear how you're feeling every once in awhile." Jinyoung smiled, tightening his grip around the wheel. "So, no. I don't think you're causing harm, if you were he would have called the cops on you...but Jinyoung I have to ask..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Will you be able to explain the past with him? The fact that you were in a whole new relationship with Jaebum, maybe that you had doubts about him being alive, and you were willing to let him go, for just a split second."

 

"And what if he doesn't remember the past at all?" Jackson folded his arms, staring at his friend.

 

"What are you getting at here? I thought the whole purpose was for him to remember."

 

Jinyoung sped up. "Maybe I stated that as an excuse, maybe I just didn't want to give up the old memories and bonds I built with him in the past...so, what if the Mark without the memories of the past were to fall in love with me, what if I could make new memories with him, reestablish our relationship...could that be an option?"

 

Jackson looked away thinking in great thought, "But Jinyoung, you will always be haunted by the past, because you'll know the truth and you'll feel guilty about hiding his obviously huge influence in your life, I think you should give him time to remember. Just give him time." Jinyoung sighed. 

 

"I've waited so long to be with him, and sometimes I don't know if I can wait anymore, every time I see him, that desire grows more and my mind can't help but think all kinds of things I want to do with him..."

 

Jackson held his head, "Well, first, don't ever say that in front of me again." Jinyoung chuckled in response. "And second, maybe becoming his friend first will help, rather than just pushing the idea to date on his shoulders, I mean that can quench your desire to be with him, if you're genuinely trying to get to know him again."

 

He thought for awhile, the suggestion Jackson made didn't seem like such a bad idea, no it was probably the best he heard since he found Mark, and his patients was running out.

 

But at the same time he was afraid. What if this ended up backfiring on him? What if in the end...Jackson’s prediction comes true and he regrets keeping the truth from him. He bit his lip as the anxiety grew in his mind. But what else does he have left to lose. 

 

He’s lost everything once before, and he refuses to witness that again.