CHAPTER TWO

   WE ARE THE DREAM GIRLS, DREAM PROJECT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter two

‹ march 14th, 2017 • we are the dream girls! ›

After two months of preparation, the day of Dream ½'s debut stage was finally here.

The date was Tuesday March 14th, 2017; the day after the release of their "Dream Girls" MV and their mini album, "REM."

While the response to their debut was intense like Twice's or Blackpink's, there was still a large buzz around the whole affair.

The day started in the early morning hours, around 3 AM. The members of Dream ½ were all awake and in their van.

Yihan was driving them to the nearby salon that all Noir Media artists used for promotions, quickly parking the van and ushering the girls inside. They were on a tight time schedule.

The eleven girls and their manager stumbled inside, with the salon's staff waiting for them.

With three girls at a time, the girls had their hair and makeup done. It took nearly two hours for everyone to be completeed, before Yihan paid on the company credit card and rushed the girls to the SBS building.

By nearly 6 AM, the girls had arrived and were ushered inside to their dressing room at The Show.

Most of the girls yawned tiredly, with Woorim and Hyebin sleeping next to each other on the only loveseat in the entire dressing room.

Jihae, however, was bouncing off the walls with Shinji. Both girls were completely wound up, too excited about their debut to be tired.

The two only stopped being loud when Dooshim hushed them, reminding them that Woorim and Hyebin were trying to nap before their rehearshals.

At around 7 AM, the girls were escorted out to the main stage to do a dry rehearshal. They went over the performance twice so that the camera and stage crew could pick the best shots and lighting for the stage.

After their rehearshals, the girls returned to their dressing room and changed into their stage outfits. "Is this seriously what we have to wear?"

Shinji frowned, obviously unhappy with the simple white outfits the members had been assigned.

"This is our first debut stage and we are seriously going out there looking so...plain!"

The outfit in question included two pieces, a top and a skirt with matching safety shorts underneath. The top was short sleeved and had the ends tied into knots on both sides. The skirt was short, about upper thigh length, and included ruffles. The overall outfit was concluded with knee high white socks and matching white sneakers that had pink puffs on them.

"Look, the outfits don't matter. Just focus on being the best you can on stage, alright?" Yihan scolded Shinji, annoyed with her feelings over the stage outfits. He personally thought they were cute, but he'd never tell the girls that.

Shinji huffed loudly, "I'm not going on stage like this! I refuse!"

Dooshim stared at Shinji with a credulous look, was she being serious right now? Unable to control herself, the short haired girl slammed her hands down on the table and glared at Shinji.

"Stop acting like a child and start acting like leader of this damn unit! Our outfits don't matter, if you truly don't like them then don't perform. We don't need someone with this bad of an attitude right now."

Everyone stared at Dooshim in shock, including Shinji. Mihye then chimed in as well, "Dooshim is right, stop acting like a child. You're twenty one years old, stop acting like you're a one year old."

Unable to stand the criticism and lashback, Shinji stormed out of the room with tears threatening her eyes.

"Damn it. I will be back, in the mean time, you two better cool it." Yihan threatened, obviously irritated that this was happening on such a busy day.

As he made it towards the door, he ran into four unexpected people: Karen, Chankya, Moonae, and Eunha. The four of them were holding bags of food for the Dream ½ members.

"Did we come at a bad time?" Chankya asked, a curious look in her eyes.

Without even answering her question, Yihan stepped around them and hurried after Shinji. Watching him leave, the four girls entered the room with smiles. "We've brought food!"

Taking a deep breath, Dooshim smiled at the four girls. "Thanks, you girls didn't have to do this."

Chankya and Karen ran over to Dooshim, hugging the older girl. "Of course we did! We're in a team now too."

Dooshim hugged the two girls back gently, turning to the other Dream ½ members awkwardly. "You girls get something to eat, I'm going to go find Shinji and our manager."

Without waiting for the others to respond, Dooshim exited the dressing room and headed in the direction that Yihan and Shinji had gone.

Within just a few minutes, Dooshim found the two. Shinji was crying, her eyeliner streaking on her face while Yihan was trying to calm her down.

Slowly, Dooshim approached. "Shinji—" "I don't want to talk to you!"

Immediately, Shinji interrupted Dooshim and began shooing her away with her hand. "I thought we were friends! You e

Please log in to read the full chapter