The Beginning of the End

Mono No Aware ( 物の哀れ )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to quit.”


Yoongi’s monotone voice broke the silence in the room. It was currently the middle of May and they were having a meeting, planning what to do for their 8th anniversary. But nobody was saying a thing. It’s not like they had no ideas, they could always come up with something – film a funny parody, make a cover of a song or dance, create a piece of their own, divide themselves into groups and make it work somehow.


They always did… somehow make things work out, no matter how hard it was. No matter how tired they were, no matter how much they wanted to rest, no matter how much they wanted to drop everything and just go back home, see their families.


But no, they couldn’t do that. Not when so many people were expecting so much from them, every single day.


If they weren’t being active on stage, they had to be active on Social Media. They had to share everything they did, even when all they wanted to do was eat junk food on their coach and stay with the same clothes all day.


It was tough, nobody said it was going to be easy. They have been through so much during the years, they went to bed wishing goodnight to each other each night and woke up to the same exhausted, but in a way cheery faces.


It was hard, being an idol.


But Bangtan was not just a group, they were a family.


That’s why, even though they’ve been through , they went thought it together, that’s why they came so far, they reached stages and broke records that no one before them had and even though that made their hearts swell with pride, because they had achieved all of that shedding their blood, sweat and tears, the pressure could be too much at times.


And of course, all of them had had times when they wanted to quit, when they wanted to give up, because even though many people put them – Bangtan even before themselves, the boys of the group could never do that, they always put others first, there were just so many people that they couldn’t disappoint. So many people that had been saved, because of their Music. So  many people that chanted their names until their voices disappeared completely, so many people who had helped them get this far.


But even though the thought had crossed their minds before, nobody had dared to utter the horrifying words out loud.


Not until today, not until Min Yoongi finally said what has been on his mind for months, maybe… even years.


“Come again?”


It was Sihyuk who spoke after what seemed like a whole eternity, even though barely  a minute had passed. All of the staff members, which were present in the room seemed to have lost the ability to speak, even their manager Sejin, was looking at the boys with wide eyes.


“I said… I want to quit. I want to leave Bangtan.”


Everybody in the room looked shocked, everybody… except the Bangtan members.


That’s the conclusion which Jimin came to, as he looked at each one of his band mates.


Namjoon who was on Yoongi’s left side had crossed his arms over his chest, but overall he looked calm, a way too calm.


Jungkook was biting his lips, a habit of his which showed that he was nervous, but he wasn’t trying to literally split his bottom lip in half by nibbling on it too harshly, so he didn’t appear to be that jittery.


Hoseok was sitting next to Jimin and even though his facial expression was controlled, Jimin could see how the older’s leg was slightly bouncing up and down, it has always been hard to make Hoseok sit in one place for too long, those meetings were literal torture for him.


Taehyung who was on the opposite of Jimin, was just picking at his fingers. To an outsider, it could even look like Taehyung wasn’t paying to what was going on around him, but Jimin knew better. Taehyung was one of the most sensible people he has ever met.


Seokjin who was sitting at Yoongi’s right side just patted the back of his long-term roommate. Even after all those years, after the countless changes and the many different dorms, the two eldest members of Bangtan have always shared a room.


Jimin took a little longer staring at Yoongi’s face. Luckily, the older didn’t notice because he was looking at their CEO, something akin to challenge in his eyes, but other than that… Jimin couldn’t see any regret, there was no remorse on Yoongi’s face, he looked just like any other day – a bit pale, dark circles under his eyes, a beanie over his hair which had been dyed a numerous times already, a slightly sleepy look was gracing his features, but he looked serious.


So serious that Jimin just wanted to sink in his chair and disappear, because he couldn’t help feeling guilty.


He was terrified. He was so, so afraid that one day… this would happen.


To the world, Min Yoongi was someone who didn’t give a damn, someone who lived his life without a single care and did whatever he wanted, he looked like a person wasn’t scared of anything, but oh… how wrong everyone was.


Min Yoongi was actually a person with many fears, with many insecurities, but Jimin didn’t see those things as a weakness. They were a part of Yoongi and as stupid as it may sound, there was not a single thing related to the rapper, that Jimin disliked.


Jimin had seen it all – an enthusiastic Yoongi who spit fire on stage, having the time of his life. A very grumpy and disorientated Yoongi early in the morning. A very concentrated and motivated Yoongi, who was working on a new song. A slightly frustrated Yoongi who couldn’t get the new dance move right even after the 10th try. A brightly smiling Yoongi at fanmeetings, who was making funny faces and cute poses just so he could make all the fans happy and he surely did, all the coos that that the fans let out whenever Yoongi did a finger heart, were enough of evidence. A very determined Yoongi who wanted a certain song to be on the album, refusing to accept ‘No’ as an answer. And there was always that melancholic, but not really a sad look on the older’s face whenever he spoke about the days when he was overworking his body, because of his part-time job, desperately hoping and clinging onto a debut, which seemed so far away.


In Jimin’s eyes, Yoongi was the member who has suffered the most before and after their debut. Yoongi was a bit closed off, he started off as an underground rapper and af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter