I wonder, will we ever meet again?

Somewhere in Brooklyn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III.

 

 Seulgi was studying.

 

'Explain the difference between a vector and a scalar, and how it applies to distance and displacement in terms of kinematics.'

 

 

A month ago, Seulgi would have given up. She would've resigned herself to failing the class, having to go to summer school,

 

and then she wouldn't.

 

 

She would drop out, ask her parents to support her in her future decisions,move away, and do anything to lose the monotone lens that her life seemed to be cast in.

 

She was ready to move on.

 

 

But that day on the subway changed her. She met an angel who changed the lens of life. She showed Seulgi that life could still be colorful in crisis.

 

 

Seulgi changed her mind. Maybe staying in this little city wasn't so bad after all. 

 

 

But it wasn't just the angel.

 

True, the angel may have sparked her social revival, but there were many other people who kept her at college now as well.

 

 

Her friendship with Wendy had blossomed after meeting the angel. Perhaps it had something to do with Seulgi not staying in three fourths of the day...

 

She had become close to two underclassmen in her physics class, Sooyoung(Call me Joy!), who was a boisterious yet cheery girl, and Yeri, a seemingly sweet freshman genius who Seulgi thought was reserved for about two seconds before she realized that the innocent "maknae" of her class was actually the most evil student there.

 

 

Seulgi's life had changed for the better, even if the cause of this was a three minute conversation on the subway.

 

She smiled and began to write.

 

A vector has magnitude and direction, whereas a scalar only has . . .

 

 

 

 

 .

 

 

 

And so life went on. Seulgi shoved aside thoughts of her angel for a week, to focus on her finals. With luck, fortitude, and a tiny amount of hard work, she was able to pass all of her exams. Wendy fared similarly on her tests, although she sulked at how Seulgi put in so much less effort than her and still outscored her.

 

 

Before she knew it, it was the last day of classes.

 

 

 

Seulgi and Wendy were taking an amiable stroll across the college green, as they appreciated their newfound freedom and lack of stress. Seniors promised to meet each other even after graduation, massive picnics were being laid out, and a girl was crazily running around with a penguin plushie on top of her head.

 

 

Seulgi and Wendy were content to walk around the lawn in a peaceful silence, forming a contrast with the relative chaos occuring around them.

Now I have all the time in the world to search for my muse, my seraphim, my holy grace, i'm running out of words to describe her pretti--

 

 

"ESKEETIT, I'M A JUNIOR NOW!!! SKEE SKEE!"

 

 

The two brunettes sweatdropped as their younger friend Sooyoung(call me Joy!) rambunctiously yelled out to some applause from the throng of people.

 

 

"Are you drunk? It's barely noon, you know?"

 

"I DON"T CARE! IT'S TOO DAANK TODAYYY-ow! Watch the hair!'"

 

 

Their tall friend was pulled away by a short underclassman (wasn't her name Yeri or somethin?) who smiled sheepishly at the pair and apologized.

 

"Sorry for Sooyoung 's craziness. She had a bit too much of uh . . . celebration juice , let's say."

 

 

"MY NAME IS JOY, AND I'M BARELY DRUNK! STOP BEING SUCH A MOODKILLER--ow, ok, I'll leave, meanie. . ."

 

 

"See you next summer!", Wendy called out as "Joy" was dragged away by the young Yeri, who waved farewell.

 

 

Seulgi smiled. Maybe life wasn't so boring after all. But something was missing. . .

 

"Do you wanna check out that new cafe, Wannie? It's called Perfect Velvet or something, it'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter