Chapter II

The Boy in Room 341 [Short Story]

[JUNGKOOK'S POV]


That voice... it's so beautiful and lovely... I didn't even realize that I'm pushing the wheels of my wheelchair to where the sound is coming from. That voice... it feels like it's calling me. I pushed the wheels on the door of the room where the sound is coming from. As I peeked at the side of the door, I saw a boy, probably a few years older than me, sitting on the bed. He's looking at the window while singing.

 


Just let me love you
Just let me love you
When the universe was first made
Everything has been decided
Just let me love you

 


The boy sings so passionately. I feel like I'm hearing an Angel singing. I was so into listening to him singing that I didn't even noticed that my hands pushed the door softly, making the door create a creaking sound that made the boy stop singing, then he looked at my direction.

 


Me and the boy made an eye contact. He doesn't just sound like an angel but he also do look like one. He's so handsome. The most prominent feature on his face for me is his beautiful plump lips. W-wait what? What am I talking about? The is now smiling at me.. My eyes widened. I also felt like my face is as red as a tomato. I was about to go somewhere else because of embarassment but the boy called me.

 


"Hello! W-wait! Don't go somewhere else" the boy stood up softly then he walked towards me while holding his dextrose stand. The boy happily walked towards me.

 


"S-sorry for interrupting b-but I-I heard s-someone s-singing so I look where the sound is coming from" I utterly said while looking down at my fidgeting fingers.

 


"Oh! I'm so sorry! Am I singing badly?" I immediately look at his face. What is he talking about? He sings like an angel!

 


"N-no! In fact, your singing voice is so beautiful that's why I look where and who's singing" I said to him. His eyes curved like a crecent moon as he smiled at me after I said that.

 


"Ayy... t-thank you so much" he said then he rubbed his nape. "You're probably new here, right? Because I haven't seen you before" he said while examining my face which made me a little embarass. Nobody stared at me like that before.

 


"O-oh y-yeah I'm new. I just got admitted here yesterday" I explained to Jimin. Then, he flashed his smile again. Jimin seems a happy and bright child when he was young until now even if he is sick. 

 


"Welcome! Come in! Don't be shy because I don't bite" Jimin carefully pulled my wheelchair near him. "By the way my name is Park Jimin! Nice to meet you!" Jimin lend his hand for me to shook. I took his hand and I shook it.

 


"Hi, my name is Jeon Jungkook" I said as we shake our hands. His hands is so soft it feels like I'm touching a skin of a baby. 

 


"You look younger than me... so how old are you Jeon Jungkook?" Jimin grabbed something from the nighstand near the bed then, he handed me a candy. I grabbed the candy then I bowed at him as a sign of gratitude.

 


"Thank you. I'm 20 years old, how about you?" I said as I opened the candy wrapper. I put the candy inside my mouth and as soon as it melted, I tasted the the sour flavor of the candy. 

 


"Well, I'm older than you. I'm 22 years old so, you have to call me hyung" he said making me nod unintentionally. My reaction made him laugh, so I got confused about his actions. "You don't have to call me hyung, you know. I'm only 2 years older than you" he said then he smiled at me, again. I wish I could be as happy as he is right now. 

 


"So, what brings you here? Like, what happened to you?" Jimin asked me seriously. 

 


"W-well... I got into an accident and as you can see I lost both of my legs. Both of my legs are now paralyzed but the doctor said I still have a chance to recover" Jimin looked at me as if I'm a precious little child. I can see in his eyes that he gives pity on my condition. 

 


"Well, you're still pretty lucky. Most of the people here you know... most of them doesn't recover from their sickness and they eventually leave us" Jimin said in a serious tone. "You should consider yourself a lucky one because there's still hope for you to live unlike... unlike most of people here" his tone became sadder. I looked at him. His facial expression changed. Behind those sweet, angelic smiles I can feel like he's suffering inside. 

 

 

"Anyways, are you hungy? We can eat breakfast together. The nurse already gave me my breakfast. How about you?" Jimin said changing the topic to make the atmosphere lighter. 

 


 "I haven't gotten my breakfast because I just woke up" I explained. Jimin grabbed the tray of food on his bed then, he handed me a piece of bread. "Here. Take my bread. I think you're already hungry" 
 

 

 "T-thank you so much" I said then, I grabbed the piece of bread on his hand. 

 

 

 "What do you mean you didn't saw my son go out of the room?! What kind of hospital is this!!" our attention went into the door where I saw both of my parents and my brother standing. They're also talking to a nurse, who looks like she's about to cry. Then, my brother saw me. "Mom! There's Jungkook" my brother said then he pointed at me and Jimin.