Chapter IV

The Boy in Room 341 [Short Story]

HI! I'm sorry if I haven't posted in awhile. There's a lot of things going onto my life these past few weeks. And, my mind is really unsettled so please bear with me! I promise I will continue updating and I'm planning to post a new story after this! Thank you~

=======================================

Jungkook is now staring at his window. He was really worried about Jimin because he saw how painful Jimin looked yesterday. He didn't saw him after that. "Jungkook, are you okay? You've been quiet since yesterday" Jungkook's brother asked him. His parents went to their home yesterday to get some clothes for him and his brother. While, Jungkook's brother noticed how quiet his brother since yesterday. 

 

 

"Hyung, I'm just... just curious about what's up with Jimin.." Jungkook said while fidgeting his fingers. His older chuckled. Seeing his little brother be like this is a new thing to him. It's been a while since he saw Jungkook like this. 

 

 

"Go ahead Jungkook. You go and see your new friend. I know you're really worried about him" Jungkook's older brother said. Jungkook smiled at his hyung, Jungkook pushed the wheels of his wheelchair to the door. 

 

 

Jungkook pushed the wheels until he is infront of Jimin's door. "Jimin?" Jungkook slightly pushed the door and he saw Jimin staring at something that is placed in his hands. Jimin is so focused on looking at the thing he was holding that he didn't even noticed that Jungkook is already inside his room.

 

 

"Umm.. Jimin" Jungkook cleared his throat making Jimin look at Jungkook. "Oh.. Jungkook... you startled me" Jimin said then he put the thing on the side. "I was just checking if you were okay..." Jungkook pushed his wheelchair near Jimin's bed. 

 

 

"Oh... I'm i'm okay.." Jimin said then he stood up. Jungkook looked at the bed then he saw a polaroid sitting on the bed side. Jungkook looked closely at the polaroid then he saw Jimin with a boy on the picture. 

 

 

 

 

Jimin then saw Jungkook looking at the picture. "If you don't mind.. may I ask who's the person in the picture?" Jungkook asked to Jimin. Jimin grabbed the polaroid on the bed and he put it on his pocket. 

 

 

"N-no one... he's just a friend.... well he used to be. By the way, have you already eaten your breakfast?" Jimin said making Jungkook nod his head. "By the way, J-jimin... I saw you yesterday... th-they are doing something to you... would you mind telling me what they are doing?" Jungkook said. 

 

 

"Well... it started when I found that I am sick last year. Also.. you're asking about him right?" Jimin pulled the polaroid out of his pockets then he showed the polaroid to Jungkook. "H-he.. he is Jung Hoseok. H-he's my friend. He's like us... he was also a patient in this hospital but he left me. We took this photo before he left"  

 

[Jimin's POV]

[FLASHBACK]

 

"You're already leaving?" Hoseok-hyung looked at me. "Jimin-ah! Yup. I'm leaving today. I'm so happy Jimin! I'm going to see my parents and my sister! I'm so excited" Hoseok said while putting his clothes onto the bag. i can tell how happy he is based on the tone of his voice. I went inside his room while gripping onto my dextrose stand. "I'm so happy for you Hoseok-hyung..." I said to him. He noticed that the tone of my voice is somehow sad so he looked at me. 

 

 

"Why Jimin? Why are you sad?" Hoseok stopped what he is doing then he went towards me. I can't hold it anymore so my eyes started watering. "No no no don't cry Jimin-ah" Hoseok hugged me. "Don't cry. I'm going to visit you once in a while, okay?" Hoseok-hyung looked at me. I looked onto his eyes and I saw sincerity onto it. "Promise?" I raised my hand and closed all of my fingers except my pinky finger. He also did the same then he entangled his pinky finger onto mine. "Promise" Hoseok-hyung said. 

 

 

On that day, he left the hospital. The doctors said he is okay. Before he left, we took a picture using his polaroid camera. He gave me the picture so that I will not miss my friend so much. Days and weeks had passed he either call me or visits me but somewhat as the time passes by it feels weird.. yes, he talks to me but it feels like there's a wall between us that is making us apart. I can tell that our friendship is not what it used to be. The situation got worst. After his last visit, he stopped visiting me nor calling for a couple of months until I saw him again.

 

 

"Hoseok-hyung!!" I excitedly screamed loud enough only the people around us can hear. Hoseok looked at me but I noticed that he's wearing the hospital gown we are wearing. I saw how lifeless his face and eyes is. What happened to him? He turned his back towards me so I started walking briskly towards him while gripping on the dextrose stand. I managed to come near him so I grabbed his hand.

 

 

 

"Hoseok-hyung, what happe-" I didn't even managed to finish the sentence because he grabbed his hands back. Hoseok-hyung faced me.  "I-i'm sorry Jimin... but I'm tired and I need to rest right now. I'll be back, okay? I promise" then he smiled at me. 

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

[END OF POV]

 

 

"After that incident... I never saw his face again..." Jimin said while there are tears streaming down his face. Jungkook couldn't comprehend how heartbreaking Jimin's story is. This is more drastic than his life story. "Also... about my illness... I... I have a leukemia"