Chapter I

The Boy in Room 341 [Short Story]

Jungkook opened both of his eyes when the sunlight hits his eyes. 'Another day of misery' Jungkook thought to himself. Jungkook's eyes gazed on the door as it open. His mom walked in while carrying a tray filled with his breakfast on both of her hands.  

 

 

"Good morning dear. Right on time. I made your favorite breakfast, bacon and eggs" his mom said as she placed the tray in her son's lap. Jungkook just smiled to his mother as a sign of gratitude. She helped Jungkook lean his back on the wall as a support. Jungkook grabbed the spoon and he started eating.

 

 

"Eat all the food okay? We need to visit the hospital later after you eat" Jungkook's mom stated making Jungkook grip on the spoon he was holding as he eat. "I will help you take a bath after you-

 

 

"Do we really need to do that? We're just wasting our time mom" Jungkook said making his mom stare at him. "Jungkook, we've already discussed about this right? We told you we want to help-" 

 

 

"What help mom?! Can't you see?! I'm already paralyzed!! I'm useless now!! Have you forgotten what the doctor said?! He said that there's a huge possibility that I will forever be like this!!" Jungkook screamed. He is so done with his life. He can still remember the day 6 months ago that changed his whole life. The day where he got into an accident. 

 

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

 

Jungkook walked happily as he carry a bouquet of flower in his hands. Today is his and Jane's 2nd year anniversary. He wants to surprise his girlfriend because she loves surprises and flowers. As he walks to the hallway towards his girlfriend's condo he noticed someone standing on the door of the condo. He decided to stop walking as he examines the person then he remembered him.

 

 

Marco, it's one of Jane's ex-boyfriend. Confusion and anger hit Jungkook. What business brings him infront of his girlfriend's condo? Jungkook was about to confront Marco when the door opened and he saw his girlfriend hug and kiss her ex. Jungkook cannot believe it. His girlfriend is cheating. Jungkook doesn't want to make any commotion or whatsoever so he left the building. 

 

Jungkook angrily opened the door of his car then, he slammed it creating a loud noise which echoed throughout the whole parking lot. He started the engine and his tears started falling from both of his eyes. He drived so fast that he really can't see the things clearly. He only have one thing on his mind and that is to get out of that building and to forget his ex-girlfriend whom he loved so dearly and tenderly. 

 

 

All of a sudden, a truck overtakes on his car. Jungkook didn't noticed it until he realized it. He tried to step on the break, but it didn't work making his car slam on the back of the truck. Jungkook hit his head in the steering wheel making him unconscious. 

 

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

 

Jungkook woke up in the hospital after the incident. As he woke up, confusion hits him like a truck as he noticed that he can't feel his legs. After that, Jungkook became moody and he is often sad and angry. He also became underweight because he often skip his meal because he lost his appetite. The old happy and bright young man named Jeon Jungkook is now gone, but a grumpy and depressed one replaced him. 

 

 

"What are you talking about?! Please my dear son! Help yourself! We want you to walk again so please! Don't do this to yourself! You still have hope! We can do this, please... don't give up on yourself!" his mom sobbed. She can't take it anymore.. seeing his son suffer like this... blame himself like this makes her tender heart ache. As a mother, she wants to do everything to make her son feel better but she can't do anything as of now is her son doesn't want to cooperate with her and his family's plan for his recovery. 

 

 

"Please... mom... j-just leave me...." Jungkook said as he laid again. He didn't even finish his food because he lost his appetite as he lost his will again. His mom exited the door as she carries the tray. Jungkook just stared at the ceiling thinking about what he should do on his life. This drastic thing that happened to him changed him into a complete different person. 

 

 

The door opened again and his older brother entered his room. Jungkook didn't even look at his brother because he knows that his brother will talk to him about what happened earlier. His brother sat on the edge of the bed while looking at him. 

 

 

"Jungkook.. I know its hard for you because of your situation but please. Don't do this for youself only... do this for you and your family. We want you to recover so that you can live how you used to live. Please.. we're begging you. Its hard to us also.. seeing you in pain but please. Help us as well" his brother said then he stood up and left the room leaving Jungkook crying in the bed.  

 

 

He doesn't want to be a burden to his family, but he feels like he's one. It's really hard for him, but he knows it's harder to his family. He wants them to be happy so he finally decided that he will give it one last shot.

 

 

'I don't want to live like this anymore' Jungkook thought. 

 

----------------------------

 

After driving for an hour, his family finally arrived at the hospital. They entered the hospital with them pushing Jungkook who's on the wheelchair. They went to the doctor's office where the doctor checked Jungkook. They also conducted tests on Jungkook to see on how he improved. After hours and hours of tests they decided that the best option for his fast recovery is him to stay on the hospital. 

 

 

Jungkook's parents and brother left the hospital so that they can comeback the day after because Jungkook insisted on having a companion because he doesn't want to hassle his family once more. He will be okay he said to them making them happy because they can see a little hope of their son's heart. Jungkook spent his first night on the hospital thinking about living normal again. 

 

 

The next day, Jungkook woke up pretty early. His family is not yet there so he decided that he will make a little exploration of his new 'home'. Jungkook managed to get in the wheelchair by himself. He pushed the wheels of his wheelchair. As he opened the door, he saw a few nurse walking on the hallway minding their business. They didn't even noticed Jungkook going out of his room. 

 

 

Jungkook pushed his wheels making his wheelchair move. All of a sudden he stopped when he heard a beautiful voice coming on one of the rooms near him. Jungkook was pretty mesmerized to that angelic like voice. Jungkook decided to go where the angel like voice is coming from. It's coming on the room 341, just two rooms away from his room which is 335. 

 

 

Jungkook pushed the wheels on his wheelchair. He saw that the door is open. He peaked at the side of the door. There, he saw a boy probably older than him singing so passionately while sitting on the bed. 

 

 

♫ Just let me love you
Just let me love you
When the universe was first made
Everything has been decided
Just let me love you
 ♫ 

 

 

Jungkook was so mesmerized because of the boy. His voice is so soothing and calming. Jungkook was so into it that he didn't even realized that he pushed the door softly making the door creak. Because of the noise the boy whose singing stopped, then looked at him. Then, the boy smiled at him making his heart jump.