Chapter Five: Hate is a Strong Word

Our Leader's Sister (CHANYEOL)

 

687474703a2f2f7061312e6e61727669692e636f6d2f353830382f343335366131626461386130343562623730616362386466316437656132633635633665623034625f68712e676966?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

 

 

          Sohyun has been staring in front of her laptop for quite a while now. She then stood up and stared at the window, she saw the boys playing happily in the back yard.

          She sighed and sat back on her chair, stared in front of her laptop and hopelessly leaned back. She’s having a writer's block, something she can't afford as she's barely halfway through writing her book.

         She swiveled her chair as she stare on the ceiling.

          "Ahhh!!!!!! I can't do this." She messed her hair and buried her face in her hands.

 

          "Yah! Pscho girl." Someone shouted.

           "Kkamjagiya!" Sohyun jumped.

          She looked back and found Baekhyun leaning on her bedroom door frame. Grinning at her.

           "Don't you know how to knock?" Sohyun scowled at him.

           "Errr.. Knock... Knock... There, are you happy?" Baekhyun teased grinning at her.

           Sohyun rolled her eyes at him. Baekhyun on the other hand just chuckled, irritating Sohyun even more.

           "Ugh! What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy?" Sohyun said gesturing at her laptop.

         Baekhyun walked in and looked at Sohyun’s laptop then confusedly looked back at her.

            "It's blank." He said.

            "Exactly! I'm currently having a writer's block. So I need all the peace and quiet I can get. Which someone like you wouldn't understand. You can't even sit still for a minute."  Sohyun said.

           "How did you know? Are you stalking me?" Baekhyun smiled crossing his arms on his chest.

           "I watch tv... There's also the internet. And also I've seen EXO Showtime a couple of years ago. The whole nation practically knows your… personality." Sohyun said.

          "Ah! so, you ARE stalking me?" Beakhyun smiled even wider.

          "Tch. You wish. In case you have forgotten, my brother is your group's leader. As her sister, I should support the things he does. Even if you're there." Sohyun said nonchalantly.

 

       "Hmmmn... Whatever you say. I still think you are stalking me. It's okay to be my fan. Do you want my autograph?" Baekhyun grinned.

       "Ugh! You're delusional. Are you done pestering me? You can leave now if you are." Sohyun said.

       "Why do you hate me so much?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

       "Ah...Hate... Hate is... such a strong word.... I don't hate you. But let's just say, I really..... really...... REALLY.... don't like you." Sohyun said looking at Baekhyun in the eye but averted her gaze almost instantly.

       "Hmmn? You know, there's no one in this world who can resist my charms. I'll get through you one of these days... You'll see." Baekhyun teased leaning closer to her.

           Sohyun faked a smile and then stomped on Baekhyun's foot making him yelp.

      "Ha! In your dreams." Sohyun said before leaving her room.

      "Psycho girl." Baekhyun said massaging his foot.

       "But I have to admit, she's cute when she's angry." Baekhyun smiled.

 

 

 

          Sohyun went downstairs to find her brother and Sehun all dressed up and getting ready to leave.

         "Oppa, are you going somewhere with Sehun?" Sohyun asked her brother.

         "Sehun and I needed to back to Seoul to do an interview." Suho said.

         "Only the two of you?" Sohyun asked looking back at Baekhyun who was coming down the stairs.

         "Yep. Didn't Baekhyun tell you? I told him to tell you. Baekhyun?" Suho said looking from Sohyun to Baekhyun.

         "I was going to tell her, but she went all crazy on me." Baekhyun said raising his shoulders.

         Sohyun squinted her eyes on him. Suho just shook his head.

          "Anyway. Sehun and I won't be back until Wednesday. Will you be okay here for three days?" Suho asked messing his sister's hair.

          "I'm fine with Chanyeol. Take this trash with you." Sohyun gestured at Baekhyun.

          Sehun and Chanyeol couldn't help but chuckle.

           "Yah! Who are you calling trash?!" Baekhyun protested.

            "Be nice princess. Okay? We'll see you in two days." Suho said hugging his sister.

 

            "Fine. Don't forget to buy beef okay." Sohyun pouted.

            "Your wish is my command princess." Suho said pinching his sister's nose.

           "Please look after Vivi for me." Sehun said also giving her a hug.

            "I will, don't worry." Sohyun assured him.

 

 

 

            Sohyun looked on as her brother and Sehun get on the van, she then waved them goodbye then went back inside with Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

 

 

          "Argh!!!!! This won’t work!" Sohyun kicked her feet hopelessly.

          She was sitting on the swing in the garden.

          "Is there something wrong?" Someone asked.

          Sohyun bended her neck back to see who it was. She then saw Chanyeol walking over to where she is. With a smile as bright as the sun.

          "Is there a problem Sohyun?" Chanyeol asked.

          "Chanyeollie! Ah, nothing, just writer's block. It happens to me once in a while." Sohyun explained.

          "What do you usually do when you get writer's block?" Chanyeol asked.

          "Hmmnn... I try to look for an inspiration." Sohyun said.

          "And how do you do that?" Chanyeol asked looking at her intently making her conscious.

           "Sometimes I watch movies, or go out or try to relax." Sohyun said.

          Chanyeol thought for a while.

          "Okay! Let’s go! Let's do it." Chanyeol stood up.

          "Huh? Do what?" Sohyun looked up at him curiously.

          "Let's do everything that you said."Chanyeol said.

 

 

 

          Chanyeol took Sohyun's hand and led her back inside the house. Sohyun can't help but look down on her and Chanyeol's entwined hands. Sohyun could feel her face began to burn. Chanyeol looked back at her and smiled, she smiled back at him.

          "Have you seen my movie?" Chanyeol asked.

          "Which one?" Sohyun asked.

          "The one titled "So I married an Anti-Fan." Chanyeol said.

          "Oh! The one with Seohyun~unnie? I've been meaning to watch it but I didn't have time before... I already forgot after a while... Mianhe." Sohyun pouted apologetically.

         "Haha! Apology accepted. Gwiyowo!" Chanyeol said.

          He can't help but touch Sohyun's cheeks. Both of them blushed by this making them laugh.

 

 

 

          Chanyeol set up the tv so they can watch it properly as Sohyun microwaved some popcorn. Once done, they both sat comfortably on the sofa and started watching Chanyeol's movie.

          "Ooh... Cool guy image. So manly." Sohyun said after a while teasing Chanyeolmaking him blush.

          "I'm just doing what the script says." Chanyeol defended making Sohyun chuckle.

         "You look really mischievous when you smirk like that. I don't really like it." Sohyun commented.

         "Oh, jeongmal? What do you like?" Chanyeol asked shoving popcorn in his mouth.

         "I like your regular smile. It's contagious." Sohyun said.

         "Well, they don't call me "Happy Virus" for nothing." Chanyeol said smugly.

          "Did you have a hard time speaking mandarin?" Sohyun asked.

 

          "Ne. There are some words that are really difficult for me to pronounce. Thankfully, my co-stars are kind enough to help." Chanyeol said.

 

 

 

 

 

          For the next hour, they continued watching the movie intently. Laughing along the funny scenes. Soon enough, they reached the final scene of the movie.

 

          Chanyeol glanced over at Sohyun. Amused over her reaction over the kissing scene. Sohyun's eyes grew wide. Her hands flew to cover when she saw Chanyeol leaned in to kiss the lead actress.

          "Daebak." Chanyeol heard Sohyun whisper.

          He can't help but chuckle at how cute Sohyun looked beside him.

          "Yeppeo." Chanyeol blurted.

          "Ne? What did you say Chanyeollie?" Sohyun asked.

          "Yeppeo. The ring, don't you think it's pretty?" Chanyeol lied.

          "Yeah. It looks really pretty. And to say it was one of a kind to signify lifelong true love, how romantic." Sohyun sighed.

          "So you like romantic movies?" Chanyeol asked.

          "Hmmn... Well, I'm a romance novelist so, I sometimes get inspiration from watching romance movies. But it depends on my mood really. Sometimes I go for rom-com, sometimes horror, sometimes sci-fi. How about you?" Sohyun asked.

          "I like action films. I sometimes watch action movies with Beakhyun." Chanyeol said.

          Sohyun nodded in acknowledgement.

 

 

 

        Baekhyun looked on as the two seemed to have forgotten that he's still in the house. He was playing LOL upstairs when he has decided to take a break and grab a snack. That's when he saw Chanyeol and Sohyun bonding over movies.

 

         He can't explain it, but somehow he felt jealous at how Sohyun would treat Chanyeol. Something that's quite the opposite whenever she sees him. He just couldn't put his finger on the reason why she does. But he's determined to change it.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Mianha - Sorry

 

Gwiyowo - (Slang) cute

 

Unnie- Big sister (younger girl to older girl)