Chapter Four: Kai Visits

Our Leader's Sister (CHANYEOL)

68747470733a2f2f33382e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f62626634303161366232366438653362366137333338353134393364326130302f74756d626c725f6e6e6e61396d64796c4d317275387361636f325f3430302e676966?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

          Sohyun locked herself up inside her room just to avoid meeting Baekhyun. She’s been ignoring the fact that her stomach has been rumbling about but she refused to leave her room, afraid to run into Baekhyun again. The house is not big enough for them not to see each other and the only place she can be safe is inside her room.

 

          It's already past two in the afternoon but Sohyun hasn't come out of her room since their close encounter that morning. Baekhyun is starting to get worried because he knew she haven't eaten anything yet.

          He's been pacing back and forth in the living room glancing at the stairs as he passed by. Wondering what he should do. His mind has been fighting with his inner self over the idea of checking up on Sohyun but was afraid that she might kick him again.

          "Aish! Whatever! Baekhyun~ie you’re a man! Well, here goes nothing." He brushed the back of his head and head upstairs.

          He paused for a few seconds in front of Sohyun's door and took a deep breath before he finally decided to knock.

          "Yah! Are you still alive in there?" He called.

          "No! Go Away!" Sohyun shouted.

          "Tch! Well Baekhyun, now that you know she’s still breathing in there, there’s nothing else to worry about right? Aish! Why did I even bother?! Psycho girl." Baekhyun murmured.

          Sohyun pressed her ear on her door and tried to listen if Baekhyun was still outside. She then opened her door a little to check, sure enough she saw him head back downstairs murmuring to himself while shaking his head.

          She closed her door again and took out her phone from her pocket. She then dialed her brother's number.

 

          "Hey princess, what's up?" Suho answered.

          "Oppa, when are you coming back?" Sohyun asked.

          "We're on our way back actually, we just stopped to buy some fried chicken." Suho said.

          "Okay. Hurry up, please." Sohyun said.

          "Ne. Bye." Suho said before hanging up.

          Sohyun waited anxiously inside her room. Biting her fingernail as she pace back and forth. Once in a while, she would look out on her window to check if her brother has arrived.

          After about half an hour, a black van parked outside the house. She quickly ran downstairs to meet her brother and his friends.

          "Oppa! What took you so long?" Sohyun said placing her hands on her hips.

          "Sorry. The line was long at the chicken restaurant." Suho said.

          "Hmpf! So, where's the chicken?" Sohyun asked noticing that none of the three boys are carrying anything.

          Just then the door opened and in came another EXO member.

          "Did someone order chicken?" Kai said smiling at her, carrying the food.

          "Jongin~ie!" Sohyun exclaimed.

           Kai extended his arms to her. She then ran towards him and gave him a warm hug, making Chanyeol and Sehun envious.

           Conservative big brother Suho then walked on them and broke them apart.

          "Hey, there princess, it’s been a while. How have you been?" Kai asked.

          "Fine. It’s good to see you again Jongin~ie. Those are fried chicken right? Let's go to the kitchen, I'm starving." Sohyun said making Kai chuckle.

          She then wrapped her arm around Kai's arm and led him in the kitchen. The other boys including Baekhyun followed suit.

 

           "Wait, so you two know each other?" Sehun asked Kai while Sohyun was preparing the food.

          "Of course. Why do you think I would even bother coming here for? If Suho~hyung have told me before we  left the dorm, I would have come here earlier." Kai said.

          "You knew Suho~hyung have a sister?" Chanyeol asked.

          He and Sehun looked at each other before looking at Kai. Kai nodded.

          "Why didn't you tell us?" They both said.

          "Well, you never asked." Kai said simply making Suho and Sohyun chuckle.

          "We were really close even before he started training. We were friends and schoolmates back in elementary school. We were supposed to be in the same year, but since he started a year early, he became my sunbae. Did you know that this kid made me call him “oppa” when we first met because he’s in the upper class? I didn’t know we were born on the same year until after a couple of months." Sohyun said as she sat between Kai and Chanyeol.

          Kai chuckled and affectionately patted the top of her head.

          "Ahh… Those were the days. And then when I finally got in training, she would wait for Suho~hyung and I outside the building and then Suho~hyung would buy us bubble tea.” Kai said.

          "Wait, how come I haven't seen you before?" Chanyeol asked Sohyun.

          "Because the year you started training was the year Sohyun moved to Canada." It was Suho who answered.

          "Ah, too bad, I missed you by a year. We also could've been close too back then." Chanyeol said.

          "It's okay. We're close now anyway." Sohyun smiled.

          Chanyeol smiled back. Baekhyun scowled inwardly.

 

           The group had a lively conversation over food. Catching up on the things they all did for the past week with Kai giving them updates about the other members.

 

          "So, Jongin~ie, have you read my latest novel?" Sohyun asked after a while.

          "Uhm... It's the one titled "I Guess It's You" right?" Kai asked, Sohyun nodded.

          "It's really nice. But, I have a lot to say about that. I've been meaning to tell you. Why did you make my character like that? It wasn't like me at all. Your readers might think I'm really like than in real life." Kai said as he took a bite off his chicken.

          Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun all looked at him curiously.

         "She sometimes write fanfic novels. She would sometimes use our......" Sohyun cut Kai by shoving food in his mouth.

          She then gave him a meaningful look.

          "What? What is it?" Baekhyun who was sitting on the other side asked curiously.

          "Nothing. Never mind." Sohyun said squinting her eyes at him.

          Kai chuckled making Sohyun pinch his side.

           "I'm going to make us ceasar cocktails. Jongin~ie you should try it." Sohyun said.

          She then stood up and began making drinks.

 

          Sohyun and Kai spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on each other. The two of them had been very busy with their own careers over the years that they never got the chance to sit and talk. The two of them bonded over drinks at the rooftop.

          Before they knew it, it was already dark outside. The others let Kai spend the night with them. After a game of rock-paper-scissors, it was decided that Kai will sleep with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

          "So, you and Sohyun are really close?" Chanyeol asked.

          "Yep, we go way way back." Kai said.

          "Has she always been a psycho?" Baekhyun asked.

          "Mwo?" Kai asked confused.

          "Don't mind him. He has this crazy idea that Sohyun doesn't like him." Chanyeol said.

           "Oh really? I honestly doubt that. Sohyun is the sweetest person I know. Very kind, talented, smart. Beautiful. Truth is, I actually had a little crush on her when we were younger. In fact, if she hadn’t leave, I have probably asked her out." Kai said.

          "I know right? With her qualities, no guy can resist her. So, speaking of which... What kind of guy does he like?" Chanyeol asked curiously.

          "Well, I'm not so sure. I've known her when we were still young so I don't know if her preference has already changed. But as far as I know, she doesn't like guys with too much aegyo and are too loud." Kai said.

          Kai and Chanyeol looked at each other and then at Baekhyun.

          "Ah wae?! Why are you two looking at me like that?" Baekhyun asked as the two boys laughed at him.

          "Oh! By the way, what was that you were supposed to say about the last book she wrote?" Baekhyun asked.

           "It wasn't really a book, but more like a fanfiction novel. She would use the artists that she likes as main characters. It’s online. You know, the same thing our fans would make? She does that once in a while, in between writing an actual book. Like a refresher. She made one before with Taemin as the main character. The last one she wrote was about us." Kai said.

          "When you mean us...?" Chanyeol asked.

          "I mean us, EXO." Kai said.

          Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other.

          "Woah! Is she our fan?" Baekhyun asked.

          "She's our leader's sister. I don't think she had a choice." Kai said.

          "What was it about? Who's the leading man? Was it me?" Chanyeol asked curiously.

          "I'm not telling. She'd kill me if do. Go look for it yourselves if you're really interested." Kai said.

          Chanyeol and Baekhyun wanted to press on the issue further but Suho already banged on their door and told them to sleep.

 

 

 

          "How long are you going to stay here?" Kai asked Sohyun the next day as they wait for the van to arrive.

          "I'm not sure yet. A month or two I guess. Or just a few more weeks. It depends on how fast I'd be able to finish writing my new book." Sohyun said.

          "I see. Well, it's really nice seeing you again princess. I sincerely missed you and I'm going to miss you again once we go back to our busy schedules." Kai smiled.

          "I'm going to miss you too Jongin~ie. Say hi to Taemin~oppa for me when you see him okay? Oh, and before I forget, don't be such a tease with the fans okay? I swear, one of these days, you're going to give your fans a heart attack. Behave, araji? I'm watching you." Sohyun joked.

          "Well, if that's the case, then maybe I should do it some more because I know you'll be watching." Kai teased making Sohyun hit him in the arm.

          "The van's here." Sehun said.

          "See you again soon."Chanyeol said patting Kai's shoulder.

          "Take care of yourself." Baekhyun said giving Kai a hug.

          "Thanks. I'll see you guys soon." Kai said.

          "Jongin~ie, annyeong." Sohyun said.

          "Annyeong princess." Kai leaned in and gave Sohyun a kiss on the cheeks, surprising the other boys.

          "Yah! That's my little sister." Suho protested.

          Kai raised his hand and playfully ran outside.

 

 

A/N:

Aegyo - refers to a cute display of affection often expressed through a cute/baby voice, facial expressions, and gestures.

 

So, I have decided to do a little "inception" on this chapter making them do a little promotion for my other novel. Hooray for free ad. XD