CHAPTER 1

LEGACY OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man is known by the companion he keeps

⚜⚜⚜

The night was freezing cold, Kyungsoo tucked his coat closer wrapped around his small physique. He glance over his watch for a while, cursing under his breathes. It was already passed midnight, he knew he was late for a party that began an hour ago. Kyungsoo speeds as he was nearing the entrance of the most famous club in Itaewon. His steps inside were as light as feather, like a ghost, went unnoticed by a group of people who found too immersed with themselves. Today was definitely calmer than any other day as the club was reserved for the whole night, but at this distance, he still could hear the sound of roar laughter, most probably Chanyeol and someone was trying hard to break the jokes by pulling out his deadly words that caused the entire place to shut down in an eerie awkward stillness.

“Man, that’s lame!” Kyungsoo snorted. Jongin turned around, almost tripped over his seat. His face turned sour as he hadn’t expected Kyungsoo’s appearing behind him. “The , Hyung! W-when did you arrived?”

“Just a while ago. I don’t want to bother you guys.” Kyungsoo said indifferently.

“Hey Kyungsoo!” Junmyeon smiled upon seeing Kyungsoo and gave him a shoulder hug. “Late shift again?”

Jongin left to take a drink for him while Sehun frowned looking over his watch. “On call for today. I got to handle lot of bizarre cases. Need to follow-up for more. So sorry Sehun-ah.” Answered Kyungsoo towards Junmyeon’s question.

“Nevermind. At least you didn’t miss the yet, right?” YiXing said, easing the stress from Kyungsoo’s face.

“Ha-ha. Did you guys see, Jongin almost peed in his pants?” Chanyeol laughed again, mimicking the way Jongin falling off the chair, earning a hard slap over his arm, “He was creeping behind me! I thought a ghost popped out of nowhere. His stares was deadly too. Whoever saw it, won’t stand still, I swear!” Jongin exclaimed.

“Toshio wore plaid shirt today. Not his white dress. You’re lucky, he didn’t bring his utensils,”

Jongin cut Baekhyun’s words, “-Or he can chop off your dic….”

“Kim Jongin. Language!” Jongdae shushed him. There is silent at the moment.

“Okay, guys! Back to our talk. I just want to share something that pissed me off lately. My department got one new accountant. A female accountant to be specific. Damn! She’s pretty, but brainless. Or should I call her BIMBO? She’s been flirting with me like 24/7. Her job… urgh bad! I don’t know why my company hired her.” Chanyeol blurt out the complaint. He really can’t stand the girl’s behaviour. As an accountant, the job is not easy. The company’s account is in their hands. Anything can happen if you’re not serious in your job. She shouldn’t be under me.

Hearing Chanyeol’s words, Junmyeon frowned, “Who is she? Do I know her? Perhaps, have I meet her before?” Junmyeon felt curious. He should be familiar with some of Chanyeol’s staff as his job is related to the same department.

“It’s Ahn Hani, hyung!” replied Chanyeol.

“WHAT??? I thought she’s good. The way she spoke, looks professional. But, yeah… she has that face… I mean qualified to be a flirter.” Junmyeon still frowned, drowning in his thought about that girl.

“Hey, boys!!! Women is complicated. They also unpredictable. What they said are not what they think. Same goes to the appearance. Looks innocent but bad inside!” Minseok voiced out. He don’t want his friends to trust someone easily especially a person named girl.

“Eldest words, huh hyung! But I’m opposed that. I mean woman or man is the same. Naturally, we’re hypocrite right? We always tried to be good in front of the person we admire or to get something for our need. That’s why people said don’t judge a book by its cover!” Sehun believed his opinion was better.

“WOW! Daebak! Birthday boy said something brilliant tonight! I’m impressed!” Luhan clapped his hands. Everyone also in awe, wondering how come the youngest so bold tonight to give his opinion because Sehun usually doesn’t care what they discussed.

“Of course! I’m grown up man! Ha-ha. A ing number is added to my age!” Sehun stated the fact.

“Ha-ha. Hear that Jongin! Sehun is grown up now! So when will you? You rarely talk about girl. At least, Sehun have some interest to understand that gender.” Jongdae pointed out his weaknesses.

“Hey! Why you highlighted my name only? Kyungsoo hyung and Yixing hyung also doesn’t like to talk about girls. Even Junmyeon hyung find it nonsense and this topic is definitely prohibited to say in front of Yi Fan a.k.a Kris hyung.” Jongin defended himself. He is not gay at the first place to lost interest talking about girls, just he didn’t know what to talk about them.

“As far as I’m concerned, you should use ‘Kris’ as hyung’s name. Never use Yi Fan as he will kills you for sure and we’re totally disallowed to talk about girls in front of him because he’s emotionless. Believe me, now he is like this. But whenever the love hit him, he’ll become mad. Same goes to four of you. Just not worst as Kris hyung. Hurm, I think the other can casually talks about girls except you Jongin. Maybe you need to learn from me. Just chill. Girls are soft when you know how to play around a bit.” Baekhyun replied flirtatiously and take up his wine.

“Said a Casanova.” Jongdae shook his head. “Then shall I be at your class to understand woman? I bet you will… playboy!”

Baekhyun pouted while Yixing laughed. “Ha-ha. Face like Jongin, no need to utter a pick-up line, his face alone can make girls pregnant.”

“That’s a plus or minus point? Girls are afraid of Jongin, they thought Jongin is some kind of mighty humans. You guys don’t have any ideas.” Luhan added. As Jongin’s co-worker, he knows a lot about Jongin's love life. If he can count, it’s almost close to none.

“Oh, that’s interesting! I would like to know too. Jongin just won’t say a thing about that.” Junmyeon suggested. Jongin threw them a sharp glance. He’s always been the most secretive when it comes to girls. But so far he hadn’t come across any girl that can grab his attention.

“Well girls do send him flowers, letters and such but he just screwed up all and hurled it into dustbin as he hates to receive those things!”

“Then, you will hear Luhan whine about how he was stuck in the middle of that chaos. Ha-ha.” Minseok laughed continued, reminisced all the trouble Jongin had put Luhan through. He remembered how girls always ended up asking Luhan for help. It was making Luhan felt bad when he forced to reject their advances because he couldn’t go against Jongin.

Jongin defended himself again, “You can’t blame me! I don’t feel the need to receive it. It was probably sloppy love letters from girls who fancy me at work and the flowers… totally not my liking.”

The letters!

 In all his excitement seeing his friends, Chanyeol had completely forgotten about it.

“Guys! Guys!!! I’ve got something to show you.” Chanyeol exclaimed, making everyone halted in their move and eyes now focused on him. He digs into his pocket, searching for the letters before the others could reply.

“I found these letters in Baekhyun’s place and it was surprisingly good!”

Baekhyun almost choked as he tried to process the information. “Wa-it, what letters? No-way! Where did you found it?”

“In your closet, duh! I found it when I was searching for your shorts.”

“It’s a lie! I’ve never kept any love letters in my closet or in my place!” Baekhyun exclaimed furiously.

Jongdae peeked over to see the letter sprawled widely on the table and cooed when he saw the first few that has Baekhyun nickname on it.

“Mmm… are you sure? It’s clearly your name written down here.” Jongdae pointed. “To my beloved Bacon….”

Sehun laughed hard, it was the old name members had given to Baekhyun and he assumed the girl probably crushing on his hyung years ago too. It was a nickname that Baekhyun despised a lot back then.

“Wow….I haven’t heard that name for such long time.” Yixing said, looking amused.

How his student can knew about his nickname during university’s time? Is she a stalker?

“Damn you, PARK CHANYEOL! Throw away, everything! NOW!” Tipping himself off the chair, Baekhyun tried to reach for the letters in Chanyeol’s hand,  but the said guy, as persistent as he is, help up high above his head, making Baekhyun struggled in his feet. Chanyeol shoved him gently aside and began to read it out loud. He could only watch in horror.

Chanyeol cleared his throat before mimicking girl’s voice as humanly as possible, “Oppa, remember that one time you told me stories about love? And I was captivated by your view towards love and here a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter