Leader

His Heart Is Colder Than Ice

"Alright, we need to make captains." Coach called all of us around.

"Captains? What for? This isn't ice hockey or something." Jungkook can't help but scowl.

Coach glared at him. "Before I was rudely interrupted, I was going to explain why," 

Jungkook blushes slightly, but tries to keep a straight face.

"-to be honest, they really aren't a captain. It's just a person who helps out the coach and does helpful things. Like a assistant." 

The thought seems to light up most of our faces.

"Really? So we can like, boss people around?" A voice from behind him asks.

Coach rolls his eyes, exasperated. "No, you don't get to boss around. You help give tips, encourage your teammates, and help me. And I'm sure most of you are capable of that."

Coach smiles a very distracting smile that makes Jungkook look at his soft, kissable lips. Plump, and dark red. Wait, what're you thinking? He mentally scolds himself.

Jungkook can hear girls squeal and swoon.

"Oh my gosh, he's so hot why haven't I noticed before?" A girl whispers to her friend.

Jungkook feels irritated. We're here to learn, practice, and perfect, not fall in love.

"I'll be choosing who's my assistant. I'll be telling you who it is later."

...

Ice-Skating Captain: Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook stares at the sheet of paper. Doesn't he hate me? Or is he planning something to completely ruin my life? Surely he wouldn't do that...

"Congratulations for winning the title as Skating Captain. I look forward to having you as my assistant." Coach smiled the most genuine smile Jungkook's ever seen from him.

"Th-Thank you." Jungkook doesn't know why he's suddenly so nervous-the gaze on him makes his cheeks heat up in a confusing way.

Then Coach returns to smirking as usual, walking away.

Jungkook keeps the small, but beautiful moment close to his heart.