The First (pt.3)

Morning Light

Jeongyeon and Momo had been living together on campus for 2 years now. Momo had finished her course and got a job at a coffee shop down the road from the university and Jeongyeon was still completing her course, but only had a few months left. They had been spending their free time searching for an apartment in town they could move into together. Mina and Chaeyoung moved in together and both worked after completing their courses and everyone joked that they were a married couple. Momo was happy for them and couldn’t wait for Jeongyeon to complete her course so they could live that reality as well. It was a Friday night and Momo had worked the late shift at work for extra money and Jeongyeon had a late class. Momo arrived home at midnight where she saw Jeongyeon was still awake on her computer in the living room completing assignments. “Hey Jeong! What are you doing awake? Don’t you have a morning class tomorrow? It’s 12am!” Jeongyeon gasped and looked at the time before groaning and burying her face in her hands. Momo giggled before sitting next to her on the couch. Jeongyeon leaned into Momo’s arms and put her head on her chest. Momo tried to slow her heartbeat in case jeongyeon heard it but to avail. She felt her cheeks heat up and thanked that Jeongyeon loved to study in the dark. Jeongyeon slowly raised her head again to put her laptop on the table and turned to look at Momo in almost complete darkness except for the dull glow of the laptop illuminating the features on their faces. Momo caught herself staring at Jeongyeons soft cheeks and beautiful eyes before she realised jeongyeon was staring right back. Momo smiled nervously and asked why Jeongyeon was staring at her but before she could finish her sentence Jeongyeon leaned in and pressed her lips against Momo’s. Momo opened her eyes wide and tried to break the kiss however her body wouldn’t let her and she found herself kissing Jeongyeon back. Momo slowly leaned back and Jeongyeon followed, the two now laying on the couch together. After a little while Momo finally broke the kiss and looked into Jeongyeons wild eyes a shocked expression on her face. Jeongyeon saw her expression in the dim light and sat up immediately. “Oh my god I am so so sorry I don’t know what came over me I’m so sorry Momo.” She looked away and shook her head. Momo stayed where she was and looked at Jeongyeon in bewilderment. She had wanted Jeongyeon for over two years and when she finally got it, it was even better than she had imagined, but she didn’t know how to react. She sat up and turned Jeongyeon to look at her kissed her softly in the lips before pulling back and looking her into the eyes. “You need to go to sleep because you will be waking up early tomorrow. We will talk about this tomorrow when you come home from your class okay?” Jeongyeon nodded before walking off to her room. Momo sat on the couch in the dark for a little more before walking to her room.