Settling In (pt.2)

Morning Light

It had been 3 months since Momo and Jeongyeon had met on campus and they were now inseparable. They spend all their time together and even moved into a dorm room together, much to the surprise of  Chaeyoung. “You’re absolutely kidding me. Why do you get to live with that hottie and I now have to live alone?” Momo knew she was joking but she was still a little jealous when Chaeyoung called Jeongyeon hottie. “You know you should just ask Mina to move in with you? You guys are like best friends.” Chaeyoung put on a fake pout before saying “Aren’t you my best friend..” with puppy dog eyes. The two laughed, Momo poking Chaeyoung in the arm playfully. “You know I’m not joking right? You really should ask her.” Chaeyoung nodded in agreement before picking up a few of Momo’s bags and helping her down the stairs of their apartment complex where Jeongyeon was waiting. Chaeyoung smiled and waved at Jeongyeon before turning to Momo and hugging her. “I’m really gonna miss you ya know?” Momo glared at her, knowing she was only acting this way in front of Jeongyeon to before waving and going outside to the car. When they arrived at Jeongyeons  dorm they both carried Momo’s luggage up before setting it at the door so Jeongyeon could give her a mini tour of the small space. There was two bedrooms for the girls and the living room and kitchen were connected with a small bathroom between the two rooms. The place was small but it was all they needed as they spent most of their time on campus or in town. Momo started carrying her bags to her room while Jeongyeon started making dinner for the two. Momo looked into the empty room and sighed contentedly. She knew it would be hard to live somewhere else without Chaeyoung when they’d been together for two years but she was excited for a fresh start, especially with Jeongyeon. She started to unpack, making her bed and putting her clothes away before deciding to sort the rest out after dinner. She walked down the hall and called out to Jeongyeon. “What did you make? I’m starved.” She came to the living room and saw Jeongyeon asleep on the couch, slumped over the side with two bowls of noodles on the table in front of her. Momo laughed and quietly moved over to where the girl was before crouching down and tapping her arm. When Jeongyeon didn’t respond Momo picked her up in her arms and struggled to carry her down the hall to the room. It took her a while but she managed to carry her all the way to her bed where she laid her down and carefully draped a blanket over her. She watched Jeongyeon sleep for a little bit, a soft smile on her face before returning to the living room and eating both bowls of noodles. Momo then returned to her room and finished unpacking her belongings before climbing into bed after a long day.