The Way You Look

Morning Light

As she woke the beams of light fell upon her face, highlighting her features and causing her to squint. A slender hand reached in front of her face shielding her eyes from the harsh rays. She smiled at the girls face that was now only inches from hers, and couldn’t help but fall into her gaze. They locked eyes and looked at each other for a minute before the birds started chirping, breaking the silence of the room. They both rose sitting up in the bed, blankets and pillows surrounding their scarcely dressed bodies. Momo climbed out of the bed stepping onto the cold wooden floor before reaching down to pick up the shirt she had been wearing the day before. Jeongyeon watched her from the bed, admiring the light continuing to encase her body. She was jealous of the light, the way it caressed Momo in ways she couldn’t. Her stare was broken when Momo threw a shirt at her. 

“Put this on before you freeze Jeong. How did it get so cold? Summer was only last month”

In response Jeongyeon pulled her back into bed and laid down, her arms wrapped around Momo’s slender figure. She pulled the blanket up and snuggled into her neck breathing in the familiar smells. 

The mix of her shampoo, yesterday’s perfume and the smell of home. Her home. 

Momo struggled to get up, whining about the cleaning she needed to do and the breakfast she had to make.

Jeongyeon groaned before reluctantly letting her go and sitting up once again in the bed. 

“Why must you be so quick to start the day. How do you have time to wake up before you start doing things.” She whined.

Momo only giggled in response as she stepped out of the room. 

“I’ll make you your favourite then! Pancakes.”

Her voice faded as she continued away from the room and the thought of food woke Jeongyeon up instantly. She threw the shirt Momo had thrown at her on and walked down the hall, approaching Momo and wrapping her arms around her waist as she was cooking. 

“How am I supposed to cook with you attached to me?” She joked. Momo then spun around unexpectedly and kissed Jeongyeons forehead in the confusion. Jeongyeon found herself blushing before stepping away to turn on the tv asking Momo what she wanted to watch. 

Momo knew this was where she was supposed to be. Her life was at peace. And she was with her soulmate, the one made just for her.