PROLOGUE

Playing with Fire

In a dark room and cold room, Jiwon (10), held his brothers Hanbin (9) within his protective arm, trying to his best ability to keep the promise he made with Jinhwan (11), their hyung. As Jiwon wiped away the tears that had stained Hanbin's innocent face, the door suddenly burst open and he and Hanbin were engulfed by a steady embrace from a small figure that is all to familiar to Jiwon. As soon as he recovered from his initial shock, Jiwon cried as he felt so helpless, frustrated but most of all scared. He knows what they have done with Jinhwan but he cannot do anything about it. 

"Why did you try to do that Jiwon? Look what they did to you!?" Jinhwan scolded him as his eyes are busy scanning both him and Hanbin for any injuries.

"I can't just sit here and do nothing Hyung! I cannot let them continue what they are doing to you." Jiwon angrily reasoned out.

"But you HAVE to do nothing Jiwonnie. Let hyung take care of everything." Jinhwan convinced him as he wiped the tears that started to escape from the younger's eyes. "I promised you that I will get us out of here and THAT is what I am trying to do. Please be more patient. Trust me!" the older assured him.

Jiwon just nodded and hugged his brothers tighter. As soon as Jinhwan felt that Jiwon is calm enough, he directed his attention to the guys in suits that had been guarding his brothers.

"I'll take over from here. I already talked to the Boss about this and he already gave his approval to release these two." Jinhwan said in a deadpanned expression to which the men willfully moved away from the door to give way to the three of them.

As they made their way out of the cold dungeon, Jiwon can't help but look at his hyung who is carrying at his back an emotionally tired Hanbin. Jinhwan used to have those twinkling hazel-brown eyes that automatically warms your heart as soon as you see it. But now, all he's seeing are dead brown eyes, void of any emotions. And there is Hanbin, who is still so young but was forced to be mature so that no one can see any weakness from him that can be used against his hyungs. Jiwon was still busy beating up himself when Jinhwan seemd to sense it and broke his thought.

"You are not useless Jiwon. You are never a dead weight to US. You are protecting Hanbin just like a big brother should do. and you are listening to me that is why I was able to protect the two of you." the older said as he gazed at the younger. "We protect each other remember." he reminded as he opened the door to their sleeping chambers. However, as soon as their doors are closed, Jinhwan held Jiwon's hands and looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"We are leaving this hell soon. I just need more time. Trust me and be prepared. I need you to be strong for Hanbin" Jinhwan explained. "I already reached out to someone and we are planning to bust us here including the others out of here. But I need you to be more patience Jiwonnie. Just wait for a bit more. OK?" the hyung convinced the confused kid who was unable to say anything and just nodded.

"Now. Sleep. I'm tired and I missed the both of you!" Jinhwan said as he pulled Hanbin and Jiwon in his arms as they all drifted to their sleep.

 

~ 1 year after ~


"That is so unfair Jiwonnie!" sulked by the black-haired girl who is now in between Jiwon and Hanbin. " I am your wife but your taking Hanbin's side!?" 

"Eeeeeeeehhhhhhh? I...I.. y...you.....r...... my what???" Jiwon stuttered as his cheeks are painted pink.

"Wife. Am I not? Did you not say that you will be forever by my side and protect me?" the girl queried  as she tilted her head slightly to the right to the now red as a tomato Jiwon. Jiwon scratched the back of his head as he tried to hide the ver evident blush that he is now sporting. 

" I....did.said....that....did I?" Jiwon said leaving the girl in shocked as tears started to swell from her eyes.

"You have forgotten have you?!" accused by the brunette girl. "How could you do that Jiwon!!!!!! I hate you!!!! I want a divorce!!!!" shouted by the girl as she ran back inside their house, leaving a confused and shook Jiwon and a hysterically laughing Hanbin.