Chapter 3

Why am I in love alone?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boys couldn’t come over for the next couple days so I busied myself with work and my dance room. I worked with my father at a recording studio. I didn’t do very much other than laying down temporary vocals and helping him mix the music. As for my dance room, it’s an add-on my dad built for me when I got the house. We make quite a bit of money so he had bought this house for me when I was 19 and gave it to me to live in. He decided to build me a soundproof room where I can get out all of frustrations and just dance away my problems. I had always loved to sing and dance. When I was 7 my mother and I had moved to America so we both could study. She wanted to be a writer and I wanted to do something with music. We came back on my 19th birthday and his present was the house.
 
I sighed as I got home from work. It was a slow day, which means it was extremely boring. All I did was sang the chorus to a song for 3 hours because the client wasn’t satisfied with how I was doing it even though she is going to replace it for the final product. Then for the next couple hours she wanted me to give her ideas for choreography before she started arguing with me about whether the drums were at the right tempo when she thought they were perfect yesterday. My dad would have been able to handle it better than I did. He was a real people person, where as I get annoyed with people fairly fast. It’s a wonder why I haven’t exploded on any of the boys when they got annoying. Maybe it’s because when they get annoying Yoongi or Jin yells at them to stop.
 
Plopping down on the couch, I the TV to a replay of Roommate. It was the episode of Jackson’s birthday. I laughed as he listed off the wishes he wanted, swimming with a dolphin and such. I had already seen this episode, but Jackson is still hilarious. After a while, I got the urge to dance so I went in my room and changed out of my jeans and button up shirt into sweats and a loose t-shirt with a sports bra underneath. Pulling on a pair of converse, I walked into my studio and hooked up my phone to the sound system, playing Just Right by GOT7 while I stretched. Once I was warmed up, I changed the song to Dope by BTS. It has its benefits when you’re friends with the lead dancer, although Hobi only really fine-tuned my dance, I had learned a majority of it from their dance practice. Even though I quickly ran out of breath, I kept going as hard as I could.
 
Determined to keep dancing, I decided to do One Shot by B.A.P. I went through all the normal choreography, but Zelo’s part I did the move he did in the music video. However, I wasn’t expecting the loud obnoxious laugh that belonged to Hobi mixed with a high pitched hyena-like one. Turning to the door, I saw Hobi, Jin, and someone else standing there. I couldn’t see his face due to my anger at the rapper/dancer who was clapping and laughing loudly.
 
“Yah! How can you just scare me like that?!” I yelled at Hobi, making the other two men laugh. Walking over to him, I slapped his arm.
 
“Okay okay I’m sorry. But that was seriously awesome.” Hobi said, pulling me into a hug. I glared at him but hugged him back anyway. “Ew, you’re sweaty.” He teased, earning a slap to the back of his head.
 
“Hey! I just danced Dope and One Shot so you leave me alone!” I yelled, pointing at his face before turning to Jin and the other guy. Once I saw his face, my eyes went wide. “O-oh hello.” I said quickly, bowing. He laughed his high pitched laugh and bowed back at me.
 
“I’m Jackson from GOT7.” He said, sticking his hand out to me.
 
“I’m Mingi from…here?” I asked, shaking his hand. He laughed again. Jin walked over once Jackson and I dropped our hands. He picked up my hand and looked me in the eyes with a straight face.
 
“I’m Jin from BTS, your best friend that you completely ignored.” He said, making Hobi and Jackson laugh loudly.
 
“Sorry, oppa.” I laughed awkwardly, feeling embarrassed as the handsome blonde looked around the room, taking in the equipment.
 
“So, Mingi, you know any GOT7 songs?” Jackson asked, motioning to the speakers that were playing the final notes to One Shot.
 
“Uh..yeah. A lot of them actually. You can look at the playlist, those are all the songs I know.” I told him, pointing to my phone that was still unlocked. He walked over and I immediately turned my eyes to the two Bangtans. “What the hell?! You didn’t tell me you were coming over, much less with Jackson!” I whisper-yel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter