Chapter 4

Why am I in love alone?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you ever wake up with a song stuck in your head? From the second I opened my eyes to the dark room I had some random melody stuck in my head, but I couldn’t remember the words. Just the same melody played over and over in my head, slowly driving me crazy. As I sat up and looked around, the door swung open, scaring the out of me.

“Mingi!” A familiar voice yelled. “Why are you sitting on the floor in the dark?” He asked, flipping the light switch on and off. “Ah the light burnt out.”

“Jiho oppa?” I asked, rubbing my eyes. The light bleeding in from the doorway was..very bright.

“You fall asleep in here last night or something?” He asked, walking over to me and kneeling down. I rubbed my neck which was incredibly stiff.

“Yeah. I guess I did.” I yawned. “What’d you come over for?” I asked.

“What? You don’t want me here? Fine!” He teased, standing up and walking away.

“Oppa! I was kidding!” I exclaimed, trying to stand up and follow after him, but my legs were so sore that I just fell back down and groaned. He turned around and laughed at me before walking back in and helping me up.

“I knew you were. You overdid it again last night didn’t you?” He asked, smiling at me. He’s always made fun of me for getting so into dancing, but not doing anything about doing something with it. Suddenly, my sister came barging in through the door.

“Where the hell have you been?!” She screamed at me. I jumped and looked at her wide eyed.

“What’s wrong, unnie?” I asked. She had tears in her eyes.

“I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for the last 5 hours!” She yelled at me before walking over and giving me a tight hug. “Mom is in the hospital.” I pulled away from her really fast and looked at her.

“You’re joking right? Because that’s not funny, Jung Minah.” I said, glancing over at Jiho.

“She’s in the hospital. We don’t know what happened. Dad woke up to see her on the ground in the bathroom.”

“Is she alright?” I asked, my blood running cold in my veins and the color draining from my face as icy fear took over.

“She’s conscious, but they don’t know what’s wrong yet. They need to get her stable and then they’ll go from there.” Minah said, wiping at her tears that fell. I felt Jiho lay a supporting hand on my shoulder. I looked around, immediately forgetting my aching muscles.

“I need to go see her.” I said, making my way to the door.

“Mingi, we can’t. They won’t allow visitors.” Jiho said, as Minah sniffled.

“You don’t understand. I need to.” I said quickly, panic starting to take its hold, rationality disappearing. I started to walk towards the door, stumbling with my weak legs. Jiho grabbed my waist before I fell, holding me against him. “Let me go.” I said in English, fighting against him. “Let me go!” I screamed at him.

“Mingi, calm down.” Jiho said as Minah walked over and put her hands on eithe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter