The Classroom Full of Ice cream

Sincerely, Thank You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay guys! It's time to take your quiz!" My eyes kept glancing at Mark. Curse the alphabet, because now I'm nowhere near him. For the past two days of living in this reality, I definitely can say this is the past. How did I get here? Hell if I should know, but maybe this could be my chance. Knowing that in the present Mark is getting married, so maybe by being here I could change how things end? 

 

But, what of my body back in the present time—

 

"Park Jinyoung! I know you're new, but daydreaming during a quiz is unacceptable!" I looked up at the granny, god she looks monstrous. I sighed finishing the quiz in less than five minutes. She stared at me intensely, "So you aren't even going to try, huh is that it?" I rolled my eyes as she snatched my paper. 

 

Damn, I forgot how much I hated school, but thank god for recess because all I craved was a single moment of being next to Mark again. All the other kids raced out, but Mark sat fidgety in his seat, and with my little arms and legs I just turned over towards him. 

 

"Hey." Mark turned his head around, his fluffy hair swaying with his every move. "Let's go play." I pointed outside, but he refused my offer. Then I got up, plopping myself down next to him. "Why not? You don't want to play with me?" I pouted. Look...this should be cringe worthy, since I'm seriously pretending to be an innocent nine-year-old kid, but it's adorable to see him be so shy, knowing he's a screaming devil in his latter years.

 

"I'm too foreign." That's all he replied with, and instantly everything came back to me. Those words were exactly what Mark said long ago, he confessed to me that no one would bother to spend time with him because he wasn't Korean. That always angered me. "Then why don't we play in here?" He looked surprised, "Why would you play with me?" I just held a smile, picking my body up to grab the lunch box. "Because we like the same heroes." It would be too soon to say I like him right? What do children really know about love anyways, right?

 

I placed the lunch box down and extended my hand out, "So, will you play with me?" He giggled gripping my hand. It just felt so simple, so easy. We'd disconnect from reality and be lost in each other. Even though we're so young now, maybe it always felt this way, when you find that person who can connect to your inner being. School was already over, I didn't care to pay attention to anything else after recess, my mind was just stuck on Mark and the joy of being around him once again. 

 

We walked home together, it couldn't have been anymore convenient then the fact that he lived in the same direction as me. "So..." I struggled to make conversation, I mean what the hell is a nine-year-old suppose to talk about!? Pokémon? "Should we walk to school together from now on?" I was surprised by his suggestion, a wide grin growing on my face. "Okay! That's a promise!" I held out my pinky. He just laughed squeezing the small finger with his own pinky.

 

I stopped in front of my house, I really didn't want to leave him, but he walked away first, waving a single goodbye. I didn't get the chance to verbally say goodbye before he disappeared into the sunset. A frown of disappointment grew on my face. Mark was always like that now that I think about it. He'd disappeared before giving you any notice, or leave a conversation without any warning. As if he would just become invisible. I never understood his reasoning for acting in such a manner, it was one of the mysteries I never got to solve before our love came to a tragic end. I sighed. 

 

Home, never really felt like home. I think I always knew that, I knew the fact that Mark was my home, his heart was my peace. I stumbled up the steps, slamming my small body onto the soft mattress that was my bed. If I'm really reliving the past, then I wonder if I'll get to relive those special moments that I had with Mark. I would do almost anything to get those moments again. Anything...I was tried already, this small fragile body of mine wanted sleep and I couldn't blame it. I could feel my eyes shutting to a deep slumber one where my smile was wide from ear to ear. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I was falling again, into a dark void, I didn't care to think again, I'd figured this part could just be a dream. But my peace of mind was broken through the blaring of a cell phone. And of course the drool that drenched my hand, and...homework sheets? I rose up my eyes still tainted with sleep, but that stupid phone just kept ringing. 

 

"I'm coming, I'm coming, damn it stop ringing!" I slid out of my chair walking over to the phone that was pinned on the wall, I picked up, and on the other side was...Mark.

 

"Are you still sleeping sleepy head?" My face grew pink as I coughed awkwardly, "How'd you know I was s-sleeping?" 

 

"You wouldn't answer the phone till about the fifth ring..." My heart swelled at the fact he knew me so well. "Mark..." There was a lot of noise on the other line making me grip the phone tighter. 

 

"I gotta go Jinyoungie, talk to you later okay." I bit my lip, sighing internally at the fact that the line went dead. I knew Mark wasn't in the best situation with his family, but the thought of our conversations being cut short was just...too heartbreaking to say the least. It physically hurt to not hear him. 

 

Speaki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter